Spirit of Competition pet

90 Troll Hunter
Is there any word as to whether or not this pet will be made tradeable in the future? I'm almost to level-cap (644 / 650) for how many pets I can own overall. Plus, I know people who never got the pet way back in the day, even though they did receive a tabard.

I'm sitting with six of these little guys in my pet tab. Now that all pets are BoA, I have no qualms about giving away / being able to sell off a few of 'em.

Any information about making this pet tradeable would be helpful. Maybe make it a quest chain that unlocks an ability to cage currently untradeable ones, or something along those lines.

I simply have no need for more than one of these little dragons, now that all my toons have access to em, achievement / tabard / FoS or not.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
In general, "limited time only" pets are not meant to be trade-able, otherwise it defeats the uniqueness of their limited availability. However, feedback on such matters is best given via the in-game suggestion option or on the General Discussion forum.
Reply Quote
Just to clarify a little....

Tabard =/= pet. You had to get lucky to receive the pet. It was awarded randomly to players who won a BG match, it was not a 100% chance. The tabard was awarded to anyone who played a bg match at the time, win or lose.

You were very lucky. :p I only got one Spirit that year.
Edited by Yei on 1/7/2013 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
01/07/2013 07:59 AMPosted by Musashi
In general, "limited time only" pets are not meant to be trade-able, otherwise it defeats the uniqueness of their limited availability. However, feedback on such matters is best given via the in-game suggestion option or on the General Discussion forum.

"Limited time only" is one thing. But there are many people who received the tabard but never got the stars to align properly in order to get the pet to *pop* into their respective mailboxes.

I played my shaman (Twangle) for nearly 16 hours straight in order to get the pet, even putting in a ticket in that time, because I thought the game was glitched. The pet appeared in all the other toons' mailboxes after only winning a handful of BGs (how you got the pet to *pop* back then). Again, all my other characters who received it only had to play a few times to get the pet.

Bottom line: The pet had more factors going into receiving it than just gaining it in the few span of days that it was made available back then. It took winning one BG to gain the tabard, and then winning another BG while wearing that same tabard (if memory serves). And even after all that, it was still up to the RNG gods to smile on your toon. It had little to do with any effort on the player's part. If it was part of a lengthy put-in-the-effort and here's-your-reward chain, I might agree.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415134832

^ did a search of general before posting this thread here in CS. There's definitely interest in buying this pet. But I would be interested in giving my daughter and some guildies one, first and foremost. These guys got the tabard, but no pet.

Anyhoo, thanks for the replies so far.

Here are the comments on wowhead:
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48406#comments
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
While your intentions of allowing players who attempted to get the pet when it was available to get it now is a nice gesture, it would not really work as a brand new player who creates their account today could get the pet if it was made trade-able, taking away the significance of the pet. That might upset some players who like having unique items in the game that are no longer obtainable.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
01/07/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Musashi
While your intentions of allowing players who attempted to get the pet when it was available to get it now is a nice gesture, it would not really work as a brand new player who creates their account today could get the pet if it was made trade-able, taking away the significance of the pet. That might upset some players who like having unique items in the game that are no longer obtainable.

Well, the Black Market AH allows people to purchase mounts and other things that other players took weeks / months / years to farm up--- if at all--- correct?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Black_Market_Auction_House

Mounts:

Ashes of Al'ar: Kael'thas Sunstrider, Tempest Keep
Deathcharger's Reins: Lord Aurius Rivendare, Stratholme
Flametalon of Alysrazor: Alysrazor, Firelands
Smoldering Egg of Millagazor: Ragnaros, Firelands
Swift White Hawkstrider: Kael'thas Sunstrider, Magister's Terrace
Reins of the Blazing Drake: Deathwing, Dragon Soul
Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake: Skadi the Ruthless, Utgarde Pinnacle
Reins of the Green Proto-Drake: Cracked Egg, Oracle dailies
Reins of the Drake of the North Wind: Altairus, Vortex Pinnacle
Reins of the Onyxian Drake: Onyxia
Reins of the Drake of the South Wind: Heart of Wind, Throne of the Four Winds
Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake: Slabhide, Stonecore
Reins of the White Polar Bear: Hyldnir Spoils

At least my pets already exist in the game, and wouldn't be generated by artificial means a.k.a. - a random NPC now having the same in-stock, as opposed to a hard-to-get / nigh impossible boss drop mount.
Reply Quote
Except, the pets and mounts on the BMAH are obtainable ingame via other means still. The Spirit of Competition isn't available by any means at all anymore. And i don't think the BMAH has made these items any more prevalent than the people who farm the instances/quests to get the mounts the old way.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
While yes, these are technicaly purchasable now, via the black market AH, to the RICH people so to speak.

At the prices they are listed at.. they will still be RARE, as not everyone has that amount of $.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
01/07/2013 08:44 AMPosted by Treeshadow
Well, the Black Market AH allows people to purchase mounts and other things that other players took weeks / months / years to farm up--- if at all--- correct?

And there are some not too happy about that.

I have no say in the matter, but in my opinion, I just do not see it happening for this pet.
Reply Quote
In any case, the best place for your feedback/questions/suggestion on this is going to be another forum. Try the Battle Pets or General Discussion. Dev doesn't read this one and they're the ones that make the changes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
also all those are still obtainable in game..

the few achivement mounts that were removed i belive are not obtainable via BMAH
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
So, perhaps what is needed is detaching the achievement portion from obtaining the pet now. Maybe make it so if the pet is caged by it's current owner, the name gets changed to simply "competition" or something along those lines.

Same pet, slightly different name, no achievement attached.

That would keep it as a viable and obtainable battle pet, but no longer a feat-of-strength earner.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tree, if you'd like to see the functionality of the pet and acheivement change, you'll need to post in either the pet battles, achievements or general forums. If you're not sure exactly where to put it, stick the suggestions in general.)

The SFAs here aren't liasons to the developers and cannot pass your suggestions along.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/7388394/ Pet Battles

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011646/ Achievements & Guild Advancement

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/ General
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Tree, if you'd like to see the functionality of the pet and acheivement change, you'll need to post in either the pet battles, achievements or general forums. If you're not sure exactly where to put it, stick the suggestions in general.)

The SFAs here aren't liasons to the developers and cannot pass your suggestions along.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/7388394/ Pet Battles

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011646/ Achievements & Guild Advancement

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/ General

Okay.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
also all those are still obtainable in game..

the few achivement mounts that were removed i belive are not obtainable via BMAH

I thought Deathcharger's Reins was removed. Could be wrong, though.

still drops. it survived cata.
Reply Quote
Still dropds. I'm still farming it. :| My friend was a lucky butt and got it his first time in there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
01/07/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Torí
How about we stop trying to give every little thing to everyone.

It's not about "giving every little thing to everyone". I own these pets already. They already exist in-game.

I started deleting pets in alphabetical order the other day, starting with multiples of Black Kingsnake, then Blue Moth Egg... my daughter stopped me and stated that those deleted pets could've been caged and sold. I didn't know that at the time.

Now why wouldn't that be true of nearly every pet a person owns? Should it only be about ease of obtain-ability? What defines the line in the sand, as far as what a person can do with pets they've obtained?

By the by, just logged out of the game... now up to 648 / 650 pets I can own... dangerously close to capping myself.

I noticed Chicken Egg is also non-tradeable. Also swimming in Ancona Chicken.

Any pet that is non-tradeable must be deleted, then?

edit: some pets won't link, but their egg-version will.
Edited by Treeshadow on 1/7/2013 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]