Err... ilvl 486 requirement for TK LFR?

90 Human Hunter
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.
90 Draenei Paladin
Do dailies for rep, do dungeons for VP, do older LFR content for gear.

Spend VP on exalted rep gear.
Win gear from LFR on lucky rolls.

See what happens.
90 Human Hunter

Win gear from LFR on lucky rolls.

Look at the current LFR ilvl and read my post, then respond again. :)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
496 Valor gear from Dominance Offensive, a piece or two from the rep quests, and maybe some pieces from regular Mogushan Vaults. Let's not forget about item upgrades, with enough valor you can get every 483 piece up to 491, and 476 piece to 484.
90 Human Hunter

+with 2 new worlds bosses and a couple new scenarios im sure you'll see some loot from those

I've been lucky on this toon.

My other toons have killed Sha every week, and yet to see a single piece of gear.

The fact of the matter is, an ilvl requirement that is higher than the ilvl of the previously obtainable gear is not acceptable, when the ilvl requirement is for something that has been stated MANY TIMES is meant to be the progression for non-raiders.
90 Tauren Warrior
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.

You have two choices. Dailes for rep gear. OR use your Valor to upgrade LFR gear. Seeing as how you aren't doing dailies the latter seems like a no brainer. I have 486 and I have very few rep based items. And you still have plenty of time to gear up.

Or the third choice of don't do anything and don't do the new FLR.
90 Tauren Warrior

+with 2 new worlds bosses and a couple new scenarios im sure you'll see some loot from those

I've been lucky on this toon.

My other toons have killed Sha every week, and yet to see a single piece of gear.

The fact of the matter is, an ilvl requirement that is higher than the ilvl of the previously obtainable gear is not acceptable, when the ilvl requirement is for something that has been stated MANY TIMES is meant to be the progression for non-raiders.

Blizzard expects you to be using your valor SOMEWHERE. if not with Rep gear then upgrade some LFR items. 486 is easy to obtain.
90 Human Paladin
I guess we're regressing back to BC, can't wait to see those top 1% who see the final raid of this expansion...
90 Worgen Druid
You don't want any gear Sha drops for LFR, it's all pvp.

You could always farm valor for 489 - 496 gear from quartermaster, or upgrade gear you have, 486 isn't THAT high.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shieldwall / Dominance Offensive has 496 gear
LFR gear can be upgraded to 491
Sha of Anger can drop your 496 Tier gear
Galleon is getting a faster respawn in 5.2 - he drops 496 gear also
Two new world bosses that will drop gear with an item level at parity with the new raid

There are plenty of options to get the required item level.
Whether you do them or not is your choice.
01/08/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Grimmclaw
You don't want any gear Sha drops for LFR, it's all pvp.

Incorrect.
Like BH bosses (and VoA IIRC) Sha drops 2 pieces of Tier.
Edited by Ashley on 1/8/2013 2:15 AM PST
28 Orc Warlock
01/08/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Valshaw
I guess we're regressing back to BC, can't wait to see those top 1% who see the final raid of this expansion...

Nice try but BC had a blanket 30% nerf across all tiers towards the end.

I had enough time to pug and gear all the way up to Felmyst before Wrath launched.
Use that valor you've been getting from dungeons and LFR and upgrade a few of your pieces. BOOM 486 and crisis averted! Hooray! :D
Do dailies. I heard they're optional so apparently the TK is too.

01/08/2013 02:18 AMPosted by Samfisher

the 1% argument is fallacious in so many ways. There are thousands of guilds who clear MSV every week right now. You can easily get into the TK LFR if you can listen to directions and know how to use Ventrillo.

Nice try but BC had a blanket 30% nerf across all tiers towards the end.

I had enough time to pug and gear all the way up to Felmyst before Wrath launched.

This too. BC blizzard wasn't totally unreasonable. Nerfs happened back then too. If you were on a high population servers there were always pugs for Karazhan and anyone could find a raid for something at the bottom teirs. You can't claim to be some downtrodden underclass of players because you lack the proper motivational skills to complete basic tasks.
Edited by Felnox on 1/8/2013 2:30 AM PST
90 Human Hunter
Love the people who don't seem to realize I do use my valor points.

Doesn't mean I will have the ilvl required anywhere near the time 5.2 comes out.

1000 VP a week. 750 to upgrade a piece of gear, anywhere from 1250 to 2250 to buy a piece of armor.

You do the math on that. To get fully decked in valor gear, it'd take about 3 months. To upgrade all of those pieces, you're looking at another 6.

And that's all to get into a LFR to REPLACE THE GEAR YOU JUST SPENT 9 MONTHS MAKING.

Yea, that's TOTALLY how non-raider progression should go. I love your logic.
Edited by Reinhilde on 1/8/2013 2:30 AM PST
Love the people who don't seem to realize I do use my valor points.

Doesn't mean I will have the ilvl required anywhere near the time 5.2 comes out.

1000 VP a week. 750 to upgrade a piece of gear, anywhere from 1250 to 2250 to buy a piece of armor.

You do the math on that. To get fully decked in valor gear, it'd take about 3 months. To upgrade all of those pieces, you're looking at another 6.

It would take you 3 months to go up 5 item levels? Pug MSV dude it's really really easy. Proudmore is not a low population server so you have NO excuse.
Edited by Felnox on 1/8/2013 2:31 AM PST
90 Orc Death Knight
How are you not at least 485 even with zero normal gear?
90 Tauren Warrior

And that's all to get into a LFR to REPLACE THE GEAR YOU JUST SPENT 9 MONTHS MAKING.

Yea, that's TOTALLY how non-raider progression should go. I love your logic.

Welcome to the release fo EVERY major patch and expansion in the game.

I am going to be replacing all my current gear and you don't see me whining. You have plenty of options. If you don't like them then it is your problem. Not Blizzard's.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]