Err... ilvl 486 requirement for TK LFR?

83 Blood Elf Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004697771?page=3

Daxxarri (11/13/12):

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

Buying gear from valor vendors is OPTIONAL. Blizzard has said so about 1000 tinmes. Rep gear should not be needed to progress.

And it isn't.

If you really cannot stand the thought of dailies, then you can still progress by upgrading your gear with valor and by killing the (soon to be) 4 world bosses for higher than raid finder level gear.

But by choosing to deny yourself one avenue of progression, you choose to progress slower than the people that do them. It doesn't mean you can't progress though.
Edited by Seyl on 1/8/2013 4:43 AM PST
14 Draenei Shaman
MSV is totally puggable now especially after the Elegon nerf, even the last boss is *yawn* did it last night on my main and one of the hunters was afk for 3minutes and we still downed the boss easily.

If you are too lazy to do whats needed to progress in a game which is all about progression I dont know what to say.

And yeah sorry but EVERY tier replaces the tier before it, not sure on the logic of QQ but Im spending time on getting gear which will be replaced.

Do you still use level 60 gear? cause surely you must have QQ'd your face over it being replaced when BC hit. Then did you QQ when WOTLK was released and (will not be named) expac after WOTLK was released? lol.

How did you ever make it to level 90 with so much QQ over gear being replaced and time "wasted" getting gear which was then made obsolete.

Oh? You did it last night with the Elegon nerf? That is interesting as the nerf is just being applied today.

Bashiok (01/04/13);

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415604583?page=2

01/03/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Bashiok
This specific hotfix requires realm restarts, which have not happened since it went in. The fix should be picked up with maintenance next week. Sorry about the confusion!

Of course this has NOTHING to do with the fact this is a thread about LFR and NOT normal raiding.
90 Human Hunter

Daxxarri (11/13/12):

Buying gear from valor vendors is OPTIONAL. Blizzard has said so about 1000 tinmes. Rep gear should not be needed to progress.

And it isn't.

If you really cannot stand the thought of dailies, then you can still progress by upgrading your gear with valor and by killing the (soon to be) 4 world bosses for higher than raid finder level gear.

But by choosing to deny yourself one avenue of progression, you choose to progress slower than the people that do them. It doesn't mean you can't progress though.

With the droprate in LFR, it could theoretically take years to get an ilvl of 386 without rep items.

The requirement on the new LFR makes dailies and rep MANDATORY for non-raiders. We don't have a choice, plain and simple. Either rely on a MASSIVE amount of RNG luck, or grind dailies.

And to re-iterate, I'm not referring to this toon.

And at the person after this post, are you REALLY comparing the gear level changes of EXPANSION CHANGES to PATCH CHANGES?
Edited by Reinhilde on 1/8/2013 4:59 AM PST
14 Draenei Shaman

Daxxarri (11/13/12):

And it isn't.

The problem here is of timing. Blizzard gave a distinct message that you can progress through lfr by not doing dallies. They did say it was slower, but you can progress. To turn that around and now say;

"Well, we did say it was going to be slow, too bad it is going to be INCREDIBLY slow. It's just too bad for you. Guess you should have been doing those dallies, huh?"

This is not doing anyone (Including the people who have been doing dallies) any favors.

Why?

Because the smaller you make the pool of players available for ToT the longer the que times are going to be. Make lfr 490 ilvl, I don't care. It's just the higher the ilvl, the smaller the player pool, and thus longer que times.
What an absolutely terrible idea. Guess dailies are required now to do LFR. Do they WANT people to quit?
90 Dwarf Warlock
You can get almost an entire set of 489 with some 496 pieces from doing dailies alone.
90 Human Hunter

Because the smaller you make the pool of players available for ToT the longer the que times are going to be. Make lfr 490 ilvl, I don't care. It's just the higher the ilvl, the smaller the player pool, and thus longer que times.

If this ilvl requirement makes it live, the raiders will start screaming for it to be lowered.

Why? You barely have any tanks and healers in the ilvl470 LFRs as it is.

How long do you think queue times are going to be when only raiders and those lucky enough to have gotten enough LFR drops are able to enter?

01/08/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Awkward
You can get almost an entire set of 489 with some 496 pieces from doing dailies alone.

And they JUST made a post saying that dailies are NOT required for progression. This makes them required.
Edited by Reinhilde on 1/8/2013 5:00 AM PST
01/08/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Awkward

I don't do dailies, I was told they were optional. I was told LFR was a way for anyone to see the content. This sucks.
90 Pandaren Monk
just a thought

I play VERY casually anymore
Just moved from IL to FL on a mini vacation that took roughly 3 weeks of which i didn't play WOW AT ALL

I'm 479 ilvl, and STILL have blues on, one of which i believe is a 450 ilvl

... it's not as hard as you make it out to be
Edited by Sãd on 1/8/2013 5:06 AM PST
90 Dwarf Warlock
01/08/2013 05:01 AMPosted by Dorzarn

I don't do dailies, I was told they were optional. I was told LFR was a way for anyone to see the content. This sucks.

Well, one upside to being a raider. I but the bullet and did the "optional" dailies so now I'm 2 months ahead on the dailies.

If you cared about progression, dailies were never optional.
90 Draenei Priest
I'm assuming that you are complaining about alts not being able to join with ease.
Edited by Víshtara on 1/8/2013 5:08 AM PST
90 Human Hunter
just a thought

I play VERY casually anymore
Just moved from IL to FL on a mini vacation that took roughly 3 weeks of which i didn't play WOW AT ALL

I'm 479 ilvl, and STILL have blues on, one of which i believe is a 450 ilvl

... it's not as hard as you make it out to be

Looking at your armory, you've been lucky in Raid Finder, not the same story for most people.

And you have to discount all of your rep/valor items, as well, according to blues, they are not necessary to progress as a non-raider, the quote is on the last page.
90 Worgen Death Knight
New content is not meant to available to every single person when it launches. If that was the case, then people would be capping gear very early, and would either have to wait on the next patch/xpac or get bored and stop playing.
In addition, if you are not interested in raid-progression then why are you in such a rush to boost your ilevel? What is the rush? Even with the new patch, if your gear level is not holding you back from being an asset to a raid team, then you have nothing to worry about. If anything, it it just more content for you to explore once you've completed the old content.
83 Blood Elf Warlock

With the droprate in LFR, it could theoretically take years to get an ilvl of 386 without rep items.

The requirement on the new LFR makes dailies and rep MANDATORY for non-raiders. We don't have a choice, plain and simple. Either rely on a MASSIVE amount of RNG luck, or grind dailies.

They're not mandatory. Mandatory implies that they MUST be done or you CANNOT progress. And there isn't even a huge amount of work involved to grind the reps either. You don't have to do every faction every day. That's a fast ticket to burnout. You only need to handle one faction at a time, and you don't even have to do them every day. It takes 3 weeks to cap your valor from 0. That means you have 2-3 weeks to get just one faction to honored or revered, depending on what step you need to reach. Then you can buy a piece and repeat the process.

But if this is still too demanding for a player, they have the option to progress their gear just like real raiders do - by relying on RNG and crossing their fingers. And then dumping valor into upgrading what they get to meet the requirements. If that's not satisfactory progression speed, then put in the effort and use the other avenues available.

And again this does assume no actual raiding is taking place. I have a shaman who's got 2 pieces of normal MSV gear (we're only 4/6 in there on normal, so we're hardly badass...and the pieces in question are a cloak and leggings, which both can be equalled in ilvl from the rep factions) and she's ilvl 484 average ilvl - the rest of it's taken up by rep gear and raid finder drops. I carefully planned out what factions I wanted to do and did them bit by bit so I avoided burnout, but enough to keep a steady pace. It wasn't difficult. All I have to do is replace her trinkets and she's fully purpled and more than ready to go. And she still would be even without those normal raid drops, once I replaced the trinkets. I might have had to upgrade a piece or two extra, though.
Edited by Seyl on 1/8/2013 5:19 AM PST
01/08/2013 05:07 AMPosted by Awkward

Well, one upside to being a raider. I but the bullet and did the "optional" dailies so now I'm 2 months ahead on the dailies.

If you cared about progression, dailies were never optional.

But I DONT care about progression. LFR to see content is fine with me. 486 is asking too much.
90 Human Hunter

They're not mandatory. Mandatory implies that they MUST be done or you CANNOT progress.

You clearly have not been reading my posts or the post by others.

New content is not meant to available to every single person when it launches. If that was the case, then people would be capping gear very early, and would either have to wait on the next patch/xpac or get bored and stop playing.
In addition, if you are not interested in raid-progression then why are you in such a rush to boost your ilevel? What is the rush? Even with the new patch, if your gear level is not holding you back from being an asset to a raid team, then you have nothing to worry about. If anything, it it just more content for you to explore once you've completed the old content.

It's been almost 3 months and LFR HoF and ToES still isn't available to a very large portion of non-raiders. Your point has no merit.
Edited by Reinhilde on 1/8/2013 5:20 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Looking at your armory, you've been lucky in Raid Finder, not the same story for most people.

And you have to discount all of your rep/valor items, as well, according to blues, they are not necessary to progress as a non-raider, the quote is on the last page.

Nope, not lucky.. just used Elder Charms

and you're 100% right.. daily content is optional

... and so is LFR
83 Blood Elf Warlock

They're not mandatory. Mandatory implies that they MUST be done or you CANNOT progress.

You clearly have not been reading my posts or the post by others.

I have been reading them.

I'm hearing 'I refuse to do dailies but I don't want to rely on RNG because it will take too long. Therefore, I have confused 'takes too long for my liking' with 'this activity is mandatory'.

I will say it again for you. If you really can't stand dailies to the point where you'll happily cut off a path of progression to do so...then don't do them. Run LFR. Kill the world bosses (in 5.2, since we're limited to Sha currently...given Galleon virtually never spawns). Upgrade your gear. You are progressing with every upgrade you earn. Just because it's not as fast as you might like doesn't magically mean that dailies are now required.

And anyway, they'll probably knock it down to 480 ilvl to get in when it goes live. That's my expectation at least.
Edited by Seyl on 1/8/2013 5:23 AM PST
The obvious solution is one they have used well in the past two expansions, and that's new 5mans. Its baffling to me there aren't any this time around.
90 Pandaren Monk
01/08/2013 05:18 AMPosted by Dorzarn
But I DONT care about progression. LFR to see content is fine with me. 486 is asking too much

that you're expected to jump 11 ilvls between TWO raids?

really?

that's not even EVERY piece of gear
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]