Err... ilvl 486 requirement for TK LFR?

14 Draenei Shaman
^^^
I will bring this up for the OP once more. Why does the rate at which your ilevel progresses matter if you are not interested in raiding? Over time all that content will EVENTUALLY be available if you invest the time and effort into doing the necessarily things to obtain the items. IF no one is relying on you to have top notch gear then your rate of progression is irrelevant.

Because of quotes like;

Daxxarri (11/13/12):

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

It makes it feel that Blizz kind of deceived them.
90 Human Hunter
Exactly.

Allowing us progress into the new LFR after it's not a current LFR is not exactly allowing us to experience content while it's current, which is the intent of LFR.

If they hadn't told us there were no new 5 mans because it's intended for us to progress into the new LFR using the current LFRs, then say that you don't need valor gear to progress, I wouldn't be complaining right now.
Edited by Reinhilde on 1/8/2013 6:27 AM PST
01/08/2013 06:09 AMPosted by Gobblueth
I will bring this up for the OP once more. Why does the rate at which your ilevel progresses matter if you are not interested in raiding?

Because item level has a requirement to do LFR...Don't be obtuse.
90 Worgen Death Knight
I will bring this up for the OP once more. Why does the rate at which your ilevel progresses matter if you are not interested in raiding?

Because item level has a requirement to do LFR...Don't be obtuse.

Right, which can be attained by running dungeons, loot drops off of rares and valor gear. Do not be so arbitrary
90 Night Elf Warrior

Upgrade your current LFR gear and buy VP pieces.

As stated, this is not an acceptable answer, as according to blue posters, we are supposed to be able to progress without dailies, which means no rep gear, which means no valor gear.

This. Requiring upgrading your LFR gear is unacceptable as well, esp for alts. It could take months to upgrade enough pieces, esp. with bad RNG, which is far too log for an alt.

LFR should be a seoarate progression path and only require gear from the previous LFR tier to be able to queue for the next one.
Edited by Pizzathehutt on 1/8/2013 6:56 AM PST
90 Gnome Mage
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Because you WILL do Blizzard's dailies. If you want to LFR you WILL grind the rep and you WILL do their dailies because dailies ARE content and they ARE fun. Just Blizzard's little way of saying "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

But they are not required...lol
90 Draenei Death Knight
Do dailies for rep, do dungeons for VP, do older LFR content for gear.

Spend VP on exalted rep gear.
Win gear from LFR on lucky rolls.

See what happens.

So, now, you really have to do dailies lol
90 Pandaren Warrior
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.

Here is a stupid question for you. Why can you find a guild and raid normals? You are lucky to have lfr at all lets go back to BC when you had no way to catch up to current content if you were behind. Stop the QQ it falls on deaf ears.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
OP is lazy... End of discussion
90 Human Hunter

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.

Here is a stupid question for you. Why can you find a guild and raid normals? You are lucky to have lfr at all lets go back to BC when you had no way to catch up to current content if you were behind. Stop the QQ it falls on deaf ears.

Because I have no desire to raid?

I could find a raiding guild if I wanted one. I simply do not want one.

I wouldn't do LFR, but that's kind've being forced on us by replacing 5 mans.
Edited by Reinhilde on 1/8/2013 7:15 AM PST
90 Draenei Death Knight
01/08/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Awkward
You can get almost an entire set of 489 with some 496 pieces from doing dailies alone.

Know how long it will take you to get all that gear just by doing dailies alone???
90 Orc Hunter

The better question is do you expect non raiders to be running around with the same gear as someone who spent months to get to the point where they can get the new gear?

My god i will be first to admit it takes forever to gear up as i am getting more frustrated each week, however even i do not think i should be able to jump right in and start getting the end ilvl gear just cause im lazy.

Problem with the world today is everyone wants something with no effort at all, thought this was just a life issue didnt ralize they carried into games too.
90 Worgen Death Knight
You can get almost an entire set of 489 with some 496 pieces from doing dailies alone.

Know how long it will take you to get all that gear just by doing dailies alone???

For non-raiding purposes, though what does that matter? Sorry If I came off insulting to the OP, however I am just trying to figure out the rush when it is still possible to get the better gear(Granted, it will take longer.) Regardless of how fast your ilevel progresses, all that new content will still be there waiting for you when are the appropriate ilevel. If you are not on a deadline to meet ilevel requirements, then that means less pressure should be on you to gear up and you can enjoy content at a more leisurely pace.
100 Tauren Druid
01/08/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Valshaw
I guess we're regressing back to BC, can't wait to see those top 1% who see the final raid of this expansion...

That's preferable to seeing <Savior of Azeroth> and <Kingslayer> on LFR dimwits who think that Garalon's belly is so darn warm and inviting that they can't stay away.
90 Human Monk
Do dailies for rep, do dungeons for VP, do older LFR content for gear.

Spend VP on exalted rep gear.
Win gear from LFR on lucky rolls.

See what happens.

Luck is not a reliable source of gear my friend.

Oh, well. I guess now Dailies are NOT optional for LFR progression, and that philosophy is 6 feet under the ground.
14 Draenei Shaman

The better question is do you expect non raiders to be running around with the same gear as someone who spent months to get to the point where they can get the new gear?

My god i will be first to admit it takes forever to gear up as i am getting more frustrated each week, however even i do not think i should be able to jump right in and start getting the end ilvl gear just cause im lazy.

Problem with the world today is everyone wants something with no effort at all, thought this was just a life issue didnt ralize they carried into games too.

A:

Daxxarri (11/13/12):

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

B: The whole point of the thread is how does a lfr raider who only has access to 483 gear at the top of their progression route, get to 486? Seems like it is not very well planned out.
90 Worgen Death Knight
01/08/2013 07:33 AMPosted by Caali
B: The whole point of the thread is how does a lfr raider who only has access to 483 gear at the top of their progression route, get to 486? Seems like it is not very well planned out.

At the risk of sounding snarky: Item upgrades? This is assuming that there are not buying valor gear, I imagine?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]