Err... ilvl 486 requirement for TK LFR?

90 Human Priest
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.

If all you do is LFR? VP upgrades on your LFR gear.

If you do dailies like a normal person? Rep gear, which can get you 489-496 pieces.

The requirement is very, very easy to meet. Incredibly easy.
Edited by Vanarela on 1/8/2013 9:37 AM PST
55 Goblin Death Knight
Try harder to get the ilvl.

Seriously. It's not hard at all to get 486.
90 Worgen Death Knight
@ Aggrothis, I am almost the same Ilevel than you, have been playing 2 months more than you and have recently joined a core raiding team. It is entirely possible to do, even for a newcomer.

Biggest rewards come from the biggest efforts. I grinded away at dailies/rep/LFR, researched my class in and out and it is starting to pay off. That is more rewarding than having all this gear within a month or two of capping my first main toon.
Edited by Gobblueth on 1/8/2013 9:42 AM PST
Community Manager
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.

I think you've hit the nail on the head by saying it's a PTR. That's the most important thing to remember. We'll do our best to keep you informed on where we end up with the item level for the Raid Finder when we can.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll be honest, I didn't have the patience to read every whining post in this thread, so apologies if someone has already said this.

With the existing LFR gear and some VP upgrades, you can get to ilevel 486. It may take a long time, because RNG loot is RNG. Blizzard NEVER promised that you would be able to step into the next LFR raid tier the very instant it was released, especially if you have chosen to opt out of the other avenues available (for example, rep gear).

If you're that hypothetical person who works two jobs, has a wife and 6 kids with terminal illnesses and you're never able to log on for more than 30 minutes at a time, you can still get into the new LFR. It's just going to take longer. Be happy. If this was still the Burning Crusade, you'd be walking around in ilevel 115 blues for two years and you'd never, ever see the inside of a raid instance.
90 Undead Rogue

Win gear from LFR on lucky rolls.

Look at the current LFR ilvl and read my post, then respond again. :)

pwnt...

just sayin' ... kudos Op :)

In response, as the Blue poster above me says, it's a PTR and they'll yadda yadda, but as we know they won't do anything if we don't bring it to their attention and/or hear any type of "we know that iLvl is broken on the PTR...." type stuff

Anyway again, op, best pwn ever :D
Edited by Deckert on 1/8/2013 9:47 AM PST
90 Human Warlock
Well, 460 was lfr MSV, and 470 was lfr Hof and ToeS.

They dropped 476 and 483 gear, respectively.

16 ilvl difference, and 13 ilvl difference. What is the new raid going to drop in lfr? I ask because I don't know, is it 490?

So that puts us with everything adding up to 480 req. for the new raid with it dropping 490 gear.

Relax.
90 Gnome Warrior
If you have a choice between riding a bike to your destination or using the car and you choose the bike...how stupid do you look when you cry about the bike being slower?

yeh the bike takes longer but you get to the destination in your own pace. So what if the crowd got there before you did because they took the car. Everyone will get there in the end.
90 Human Warrior
While I'd normally agree that that ilvl is kind of high, as stated it is only in PTR Status. At this point, it is much too early to speculate this is the final revision...it's simply a jump-off point.
90 Pandaren Warrior
01/08/2013 09:41 AMPosted by Nethaera
I think you've hit the nail on the head by saying it's a PTR. That's the most important thing to remember. We'll do our best to keep you informed on where we end up with the item level for the Raid Finder when we can.

With some of the really unpopular changes being pushed from the PTR to the live realms, there's a feeling by several of us in the community that if we don't speak up (and speak up a lot) over things that we greatly dislike.... Then it'll go live.

We know it's the PTR, but realistically... I don't think we'd be having the level of conversation concerning it if it had even been 483. (A much more realistic number as this is the Ilevel for the current LFR drops.)

The other frustrating part is that several of the people saying this isn't a big deal don't seem to understand that the requirement works off an average. Not simply having one piece at that point. There seems to be a lack of understanding with how this system actually works.
Edited by Dorrell on 1/8/2013 10:00 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin

And that's all to get into a LFR to REPLACE THE GEAR YOU JUST SPENT 9 MONTHS MAKING.

Yea, that's TOTALLY how non-raider progression should go. I love your logic.

If you don't like it, then raid.
90 Dwarf Paladin

Win gear from LFR on lucky rolls.

Look at the current LFR ilvl and read my post, then respond again. :)

What have you been spending VP on? An i483 set with one piece upgraded (or 1 i489 or i496 rep item) will put you over the cap.

Even new 90s should be fine because traditionally the current VP gear becomes available for JP, so new 90s (and undergeared current 90s) should be able to run a few 5 mans and hit i484 relatively quickly.

I'm a VERY casual non-raider (and a bad as well) and sit at ilevel 486.

Barring dreadful luck. I can't see how anyone would have a problem getting i486. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can. :)
90 Worgen Hunter
Why do people so easily forget what generally happens when a new tier comes out?

Current Valor items drop to justice. Meaning getting 489/496 gear will be significantly easier and you wont be restricted to a 1000/week cap to earn it. There will likely be new gear as well, on par with normal raiding gear, meaning iLvL well in excess of 500.

It will probably be lowered to 480 though.

16 ilvl difference, and 13 ilvl difference. What is the new raid going to drop in lfr? I ask because I don't know, is it 490?

I believe in an interview a while back they said the next tier LFR gear would be half a tier better than previous tier normal gear. That said it would depend if they use MSV or HoF/Terrace as the baseline. Either 496 or 504.
Edited by Aertea on 1/8/2013 10:10 AM PST
Community Manager
01/08/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Dorrell

With some of the really unpopular changes being pushed from the PTR to the live realms, there's a feeling by several of us in the community that if we don't speak up (and speak up a lot) over things that we greatly dislike.... Then it'll go live.

We know it's the PTR, but realistically... I don't think we'd be having the level of conversation concerning it if it had even been 483. (A much more realistic number as this is the Ilevel for the current LFR drops.)

The other frustrating part is that several of the people saying this isn't a big deal don't seem to understand that the requirement works off an average. Not simply having one piece at that point. There seems to be a lack of understanding with how this system actually works.

Completely understood and we do want people to speak up about their experiences or thoughts as long as they remember to remain constructive, (which you have.) My post wasn't meant as a, "OK stop talking now." It was just meant as a way of conveying that it is still PTR and things could have the potential to change. Please feel free to continue to discuss though. :)
90 Human Warlock
But then raises the question of, will we still have to have the rep? I don't like dailies. I do them, occasionally, I would much prefer raiding.

ed: Talking about valor gear changing to JP.
Edited by Wårlóçk on 1/8/2013 10:12 AM PST
90 Troll Hunter
I love the people saying "just to dailies." I thought they were optional.

Oh right, unless you want to actually do anything in a timely fashion.
90 Night Elf Druid
MSV 460. HoF/ToES 470. TK 480?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]