Err... ilvl 486 requirement for TK LFR?

90 Dwarf Paladin
But then raises the question of, will we still have to have the rep? I don't like dailies. I do them, occasionally, I would much prefer raiding.

ed: Talking about valor gear changing to JP.

I would assume not because they realized after MoP launched that requiring rep for JP items kind of cancelled out the point in JP items.

I expect that all the current VP rep gear will have the rep requirement removed when it is sold for JP and the new VP gear will need rep from new factions.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I would guess that it will end up being between 480-483 with LFR dropping ilvl500 gear. Heck they may even split the raid and have the first 2 sections require 483, then the last 2 sections require something higher.
90 Human Paladin
01/08/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Kathrian
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/288511122917687298 /allthreadslikethis

More 483 gear gets you to 486 quicker, how?
100 Human Warlock
I'm a VERY casual non-raider (and a bad as well) and sit at ilevel 486.

Barring dreadful luck. I can't see how anyone would have a problem getting i486. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can. :)

You have Rep gear as I do, so our opinions are invalid

What the real argument is about is being able to hit 486 without doing any dailies (because they've been stated as optional) which, while possible, is more difficult.
11 Human Warrior
01/08/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Valshaw
I guess we're regressing back to BC, can't wait to see those top 1% who see the final raid of this expansion...

Not even close. Tell me where the rep gear a fresh 70 could earn to help him get into T5 was. Tell me where LFR versions of T4 raids were? Where was the PvP gear with PvE stats on them at? What about the epic gear upgrade guy?

Your only choice was to run normals to do heroics to do Kara then Mags/Gruul enough so you could then enter T5. There are so many more options now and it is easier even with bad luck in LFR. I have one main raiding toon and 4 alts that are 480-484 just from LFR runs and a few sha pieces.
90 Pandaren Monk
Should be 480.

Though I'm growing tired of this labeling of "optional" content when none of it is really optional. If you want to PVE you need to do the whole thing, there's really no two ways about it, and I wish Blizzard would stop trying to present it as otherwise.

It's like saying PVP is optional and then throwing the new set of dailies into a completely PVP-focused scenario. Dailies that are required to continue the PVE legendary chain given that the rep for it only shows up there.
11 Draenei Paladin
01/08/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Aertea
Current Valor items drop to justice

Don't expect this system to remain, just saying.
90 Human Monk
01/08/2013 02:03 AMPosted by Reinhilde
Look at the current LFR ilvl and read my post, then respond again. :)

Look at the faction epics and then come back and QQ.
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm still wondering how you're supposed to fill 14 gear slots from LFR when drop rates are notoriously low. It seems that the loot tables are similar to those found in heroics, but those have a daily reset, so you'll have about 30 chances a month to get that one rare piece of gear. With LFR, the lockout is weekly, so you have about 4 chances per month to get a piece from any given boss.

A friend of mine, Xiuying on Proudmoore, has gotten 7 gear drops from LFR since the expansion went live. 3 of them were the same piece of gear off the same boss. The more I look, the more I find stories like this. It was a good idea, but it's not working. If new people are expected to gear up from LFR,t hen by the time they get done with 5.2 LFR, the next expansion will be released.

Valor and crafting is not a viable solution, either. From what I've read, the valor gear we have now is all we're getting. There will be no valor gear to help get into any raids save for HoF and MSV, thus making Valor all but useless after those raids. Crafting is a huge problem because in WoW, if people can over-charge for gear and mats, they will. I'm not willing to spend 10-20K to get one piece of gear 5 levels higher than the one I've got.
90 Worgen Death Knight
I'm a VERY casual non-raider (and a bad as well) and sit at ilevel 486.

Barring dreadful luck. I can't see how anyone would have a problem getting i486. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can. :)

You have Rep gear as I do, so our opinions are invalid

What the real argument is about is being able to hit 486 without doing any dailies (because they've been stated as optional) which, while possible, is more difficult.

Which then bring up another point. Who will progress ilevel quicker? The person who avoids dailies or the person who does them? Rightfully so, the person choosing to put in the extra effort to grind dailies will be rewarded better gear faster.
As I mention earlier you have 3 viable paths for ilevel progression but the one which requires more work will get the results quicker. If this game has taught me anything is what you get out of it is a reflection of what you invest.
100 Night Elf Warrior
It's too bad there aren't a handful of new 5-mans which dropped gear roughly equivalent to HOF/ToES LFR ilvl. That could make up for some of the bad RNG people encounter in the current LFRs allowing them to meet a slightly higher threshold to get into t15 LFR.
90 Pandaren Monk
Scenarios. Tweak the drops in them so that the ilvl of epics you can get is based on the ilvl you have equiped. Then tweak the drop rate so that running X numbers of scenarios has about the same chance of dropping an epic you can use as running Y number of heroics in the same amount of time has of droping the same type of piece.
Edited by Pakku on 1/8/2013 10:34 AM PST
90 Gnome Warrior
MV was 460, HOF & TOES was 470 so why wouldnt new one be 480? Lets be consistent people or lets fire your designers.

Yep lets fire the designers for a slight number change on a public TEST realm in the starting week of this TEST enviroment which ISN'T LIVE and won't be for MONTHS.

Yeh lets ruin peoples life over that.

where you current choking on the shaft of stupidity when you decided to type?
91 Orc Hunter
Dailies to revered, especially if you actually quested when you were leveling, take a week or two, tops. Getting exalted is not required for any gear.

Also, I'm at 486 right now with my derpy blue bow that I can't seem to shake. I do Sha and LFR, that's where the majority of my gear comes from. Crafted gear is also an option. I don't think 486 is too high at all. I didn't think it was before I hit 486 a couple days ago.
11 Human Warrior
01/08/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Judgernaught
Current Valor items drop to justice

Don't expect this system to remain, just saying.

That may happen with the rep gear only. I do not expect Tier gear to become valor or justice ever.
100 Night Elf Rogue
01/08/2013 02:05 AMPosted by Felocityqt
you dont wanna do dailies? fine, you have valor that you get from lfr, to buff your lfr gear to get you into lfr, its all related just not as derp easy anymore.

You say that like we all have the gear to get into LFR.

One PvP neck from Sha, 1 sword from the Horseman, a ring and shoulders from heroics. Since 15 October.

What?

I'm to a point where I don't even bother with dailies or dungeons anymore (except cooking and farming dailies).
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]