Nexrender the Contester

90 Blood Elf Warlock
so ysondre... things are going pretty well for me financially and i'm hoping to have some fun on this server.

next month i'll be hopefully posting an event here id like to call the "Raid Race"

in essence four teams (two from each faction) will compete in a race through every main raid of each xpac. that means if they are in a meta you are doing them. the two highest dps from each team get prizes and the highest dps gets a very very awesome prize.

now you have the choice as a team of doing heroic versions for more chance at bigger dps, or non heroic for speed.

the prizes will go as follows.

2nd prize: you get your choice of PET from the blizzard store

1st prize: you get your choice of MOUNT from the blizzard store

HIGHEST dps out of all 4 groups: you get a TCG mount and a mount from the blizzard store.

so horde and alliance. start gearing... well... more than you already are! 5.2! green fire! wahahahahaha!
Edited by Nexrender on 1/10/2013 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pretty cool idea. Hope it all works out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
How will you check dps? In most raids it will be beneficial to split up, meaning everybody will have to run their own logs. Also some classes are at a huge disadvantage in older content because things die so quickly (mostly non melee). What are you going to do to combat rng, padding, and things like that that will manifest the closer you get to the current tier. Also seems to be based mostly on gear, so very few people will actually have a legitimate shot at the prizes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
i'm looking to get a logistics team together for this actually! if you want to help work out the bugs i'd be more than happy to have as much help as possible. the dps in the older content won't do too much, it will be that extra 2 points in a close game, plus the raid may split up and solo bosses in say molten core.

i'll be working out separate prizes for tanks and heals.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Pretty sure you can solo heal everything up to msv, except for maybe nef, especially if the fights are less than 1 minute (most except fights like warmaster and madness). Some classes will probably benefit more from these times, making comparing dps a poor judge of performance in a lot of cases. Maybe have overall times for groups of five or so people with at least one person in each group streaming or something like that, with bonus time reductions for doing heroic content (only applicable from ulduar onwards). The winning group could /roll for prizes or something, just some thoughts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
i actually like that
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]