Frostmourne Replica

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
Is there any possible way of getting this awesome sword to come up in the blizzard store again? I've been doing some research on some e-seller sites (i,e amazon and ebay) and I found that the reviews on amazon are not very good, and I've heard when buying stuff from ebay, you don't know what you're going to get or how you're going to get it. So I'd like to just be able to buy it from Blizzard instead of taking a chance with the e-seller sites.
Community Manager
You can still order the Frostmourne replica from Epic Weapons. The sword has been retired but they still have some left.

http://www.epicweapons.com/products/frostmourne.php

As a side note, I am extremely happy with their Doomhammer. I've nicknamed mine Bann, Bann Doomhammer. :)
Edited by Rygarius on 1/9/2013 5:08 PM PST
90 Human Priest

Says it's in stock, and as far as I'm aware, Epic Weapons is reputable.
90 Human Hunter
As a side note, I am extremely happy with their Doomhammer. I've nicknamed it Bann, Bann Doomhammer. :)

>_____________________>
90 Blood Elf Warlock
As a side note, I am extremely happy with their Doomhammer. I've nicknamed it Bann, Bann Doomhammer. :)

That's a magnificent name.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
01/09/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Girlsgonewow

>_____________________>

Oh my.
90 Worgen Death Knight
*checks link*

Holy jeebus, a 45-60 *day* processing time? Has Epic Weapons been taken over by the DMV, by any chance?
90 Worgen Death Knight
I would have ordered a Frostmourne from Epic Weapons but the main turnoff for me is the stainless steel blade. While actual sword fighting today is not practical, I dislike any sword that is not combat capable. Stainless Steel swords shatter when put up against real sword blows. I like the idea of just having a combat ready, sharpened blade, on hand just for the sake of having it, in my mind, a sword that can't actually be used in combat is disgraced utterly and dishonors it's name.

But that's just my opinion.

What prompted Epic Weapons to go with Stainless Steel instead of something like a High Carbon blade?
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Priest
You can still order the Frostmourne replica from Epic Weapons. The sword has been retired but they still have some left.

As a side note, I am extremely happy with their [url="http://www.epicweapons.com/wow-products-doomhammer2.php"]Doomhammer[/url]. I've nicknamed mine Bann, Bann Doomhammer. :)

"AND YOU GET A BANN DOOMHAMMER, AND YOOOOOU GET A BANN DOOMHAMMER...EVERYONE GETS A BANN DOOMHAMMER!!"

This is how I imagine Rygarius banning people. ;)
90 Human Warrior
FYI, frostmourne is heavy as crap, not to be played with by idiot friends who think it's cool to pretend they are the lich king.
90 Night Elf Priest
01/09/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Leggomyaggro
FYI, frostmourne is heavy as crap, not to be played with by idiot friends who think it's cool to pretend they are the lich king.

Yeah the website said 29 pounds.

Btw, dat price.

OP, let's you and I have a talk.
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
I would order one if bills weren't so expensive. Plus they don't want you accidentally stabbing someone.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am way too tempted to buy this thing. Will power will hopefully be my friend tonight.
90 Worgen Death Knight
01/09/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Serovin
I am way too tempted to buy this thing. Will power will hopefully be my friend tonight.

It's retired and they only have a few left. If you decide you want it a little bit down the road and you have some extra income, say your tax return for example, you just might check and find out it's gone forever.

*evil grin*
90 Undead Rogue
I looked at it as was like "Holy derp, 29 pounds?!"
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/09/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Rygarius
I've nicknamed mine Bann, Bann Doomhammer. :)

Such a wicked sense of humor! XFD

(no bann meh pls)
90 Human Death Knight
Is it possible for the people who bought the item also get something bonus in the game?
Let's say... A Frostmourne replica for Transmog?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would have ordered a Frostmourne from Epic Weapons but the main turnoff for me is the stainless steel blade. While actual sword fighting today is not practical, I dislike any sword that is not combat capable. Stainless Steel swords shatter when put up against real sword blows. I like the idea of just having a combat ready, sharpened blade, on hand just for the sake of having it, in my mind, a sword that can't actually be used in combat is disgraced utterly and dishonors it's name.

But that's just my opinion.

What prompted Epic Weapons to go with Stainless Steel instead of something like a High Carbon blade?

I agree, if it's not high carbon, its not worth buying. That being said, I can understand why they went with Stainless. It is easier to manufacture and cut the grooves into. Also, the real appeal of the sword is the artwork of the handle and hilt. I actually found two sellers at the Texas Renaissance Festival that were selling the exact same item. What made me laugh is that one was selling it for 399.99, and the other was selling it for 149.99. I talked to the shop owners of both and confirmed they were both swords were from the same batch of swords.

As a side note, if you're wanting combat ready blades for actual live steel reinactment, go with a Starfire.
Edited by Winterbane on 1/10/2013 6:45 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I bought the Frostmourne from Epic Weapons back in August. It took over two months to even ship in reality. I kept checking back with customer support and at least they were very friendly and responsive. Either way, DEFINITELY worth the wait.

Here is a pic of it on my Facebook. I simply HAD to take cool pics of it/myself.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151175208916376&set=exp.10151175208986376.unitary&type=1&theater
Edited by Underleaf on 1/10/2013 7:19 AM PST
90 Human Rogue
i ordered mine in October, it's been almost 3 months since i ordered it. i emailed them and they said the next batch ships January, so hopefully mine will come soon!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]