Frostmourne Replica

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
01/09/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Vanarela
Says it's in stock, and as far as I'm aware, Epic Weapons is reputable.

They indeed are. My wife bought Frostmourne for me on our anniversary and it arrived intact and as beautiful as I had known it would be.
90 Human Paladin
Ty. I've been looking around for one for a while now.
90 Orc Shaman
They have one less as of yesterday. Can't wait for it to get here.
90 Orc Shaman
The part that I call shenanigans on is that if it takes that long for them to get it to you, they're making more... not just shipping you out the old stock. I'd still love to have one... just $425 is pretty steep if it's not really that "limited".
Edited by Bloggz on 4/18/2013 10:55 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
I like my one sitting on my wall.

It whispers to me at night.
90 Orc Monk
Costs more to ship it to Australia than the actual sword. Is why I haven't bothered to buy one.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"AND YOU GET A BANN DOOMHAMMER, AND YOOOOOU GET A BANN DOOMHAMMER...EVERYONE GETS A BANN DOOMHAMMER!!"

Lol, Oprah style
85 Goblin Priest
Has anyone who'd bought Doomhammer, can they tell how durable it is? I mean, that's the one thing I'm kinda worried about with frostmourne is if you put it on the wall, and something happens, and it falls down, how liable is it to break?
Also, what's the best way to hang one of these things? For the sword, I'm thinking like... 16 guage wire with nylon around the wiring so it doesn't scratch?
90 Pandaren Monk
Has anyone who'd bought Doomhammer, can they tell how durable it is? I mean, that's the one thing I'm kinda worried about with frostmourne is if you put it on the wall, and something happens, and it falls down, how liable is it to break?
Also, what's the best way to hang one of these things? For the sword, I'm thinking like... 16 guage wire with nylon around the wiring so it doesn't scratch?

My Frostmourne came with a wall mount already included, so I needed nothing extra, but I dunno otherwise.
90 Night Elf Druid
If your Frostmourne replica fell off the wall, it would be completely and utterly unharmed. Your floor, however, will chip or be scarred. Let me tell you, this thing is solid stainless steel. It's incredibly heavy, and when you swing it around, nothing shakes or is loose. It truly is a beautiful, solid hunk of steel.

You'll have nothing to worry about, and how Arthas holds this thing with one hand blows my mind!
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
You'll have nothing to worry about, and how Arthas holds this thing with one hand blows my mind!

TG training from Muradin.
90 Worgen Death Knight
If your Frostmourne replica fell off the wall, it would be completely and utterly unharmed. Your floor, however, will chip or be scarred. Let me tell you, this thing is solid stainless steel. It's incredibly heavy, and when you swing it around, nothing shakes or is loose. It truly is a beautiful, solid hunk of steel.

Stainless steel is not real steel in the sense you can fight with it. If that sword parries another sword it runs a very high risk of first chipping, then shattering in your hand.

Most of the old ways of sword making are lost however you can still get some amazing swords today forged out of stuff like High Carbon Steel, now that can take a blow and deal them back.

Personally while Frostmourne is beautiful, if they had made it out of a real steel instead of Stainless I might have been interested in dropping the money for it, but a sword that cannot (if ever the actual odd need for it should arise) take and deal blows is worthless to me. A shame as I'd have gladly paid $500 for it too (I have a sword made of High Carbon Steel, the blade is solid black thanks to tempering and the blade is scalloped, as well it has four wicked barbs near the guard, thing is beautiful and cost me $300, if Frostmourne was made the same way, I'd have gladly paid it's price as I adore swords).
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good lord $400?

Personally while Frostmourne is beautiful, if they had made it out of a real steel instead of Stainless I might have been interested in dropping the money for it, but a sword that cannot (if ever the actual odd need for it should arise) take and deal blows is worthless to me.

This.
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
04/19/2013 03:26 AMPosted by Phaaze
but a sword that cannot (if ever the actual odd need for it should arise) take and deal blows is worthless to me.

As you stab the guy yell "You will fall, And You. Will. Serve."
90 Orc Death Knight
I like the idea of just having a combat ready, sharpened blade, on hand just for the sake of having it, in my mind, a sword that can't actually be used in combat is disgraced utterly and dishonors it's name.

Hokey Religions and Ancient Weapons are No Match for a Good Blaster at Your Side, Kid... Get yourself a real weapon or you'll just wind up in a situation like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc

FYI - Blasters of choice come in .40, .45ACP, 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm, .223/5.56 nowadays since particle beam blasters referenced in the above statement are not yet publicly available outside of Hollywood.
Edited by Gittmo on 4/19/2013 4:13 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid

Stainless steel is not real steel in the sense you can fight with it. If that sword parries another sword it runs a very high risk of first chipping, then shattering in your hand.

Most of the old ways of sword making are lost however you can still get some amazing swords today forged out of stuff like High Carbon Steel, now that can take a blow and deal them back.

Personally while Frostmourne is beautiful, if they had made it out of a real steel instead of Stainless I might have been interested in dropping the money for it, but a sword that cannot (if ever the actual odd need for it should arise) take and deal blows is worthless to me. A shame as I'd have gladly paid $500 for it too (I have a sword made of High Carbon Steel, the blade is solid black thanks to tempering and the blade is scalloped, as well it has four wicked barbs near the guard, thing is beautiful and cost me $300, if Frostmourne was made the same way, I'd have gladly paid it's price as I adore swords).

Well, I have no likely intention of trying to cut another swordsman down using my Frostmourne. I have battle-ready Katanas for a case of defense (I've been taking Kendo for 7 years). The Frostmourne is clearly something you create a gorgeous display with, and it symbolizes the best times I've ever had in WoW (Wrath of the Lich King era).

The only way I'd use it to fight with is if there were national civil unrest and I knew I might be able to get away with murder; then there would be a period of killing for enjoyment.
Edited by Underleaf on 4/19/2013 5:19 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
*checks link*

Holy jeebus, a 45-60 *day* processing time? Has Epic Weapons been taken over by the DMV, by any chance?

I found that odd too, considering they are only selling a few left in stock and not making any more.
90 Night Elf Priest
I looked at it as was like "Holy derp, 29 pounds?!"

For that kind of sword, 29 pounds is actually pretty light.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]