5.2 PvP Gear Needs Changed

(Locked)

90 Goblin Shaman
Why nerf or buff the previous PvP gear...?

Buffing it makes it feel like you've wasted time getting it the previous season.
Nerfing it does the same, but is far worse.

Leave it as it is, and simply have new gear....

I hardly see why Blizzard needs to mess with this stuff so much. If you're afraid of things scaling too well, then either JUST upgrade resil/power, or JUST upgrade stam/main stat.

Not that I really care anymore...just sayin.
85 Troll Warrior
01/13/2013 07:17 AMPosted by Axist
Honor gear is the easiest gear to get.

Actually Arena gear is the easiest gear to get, from my experience. Most of the people who do Arena are God-awful, and you don't even have to win 1/2 of your arena matches to get loot.

Honor gear actually takes longer to get.
90 Blood Elf Priest
They mucked up honor gear this season because of PvE concerns, and they're doing it again.

Honestly why don't they just throw ilevel into the trash? It's nonsense anyway - use spell or attack power as the cut-off.

If they used attack/spell power as the LFR cutoff, then PvP gear couldn't be used to get into LFR because the PvP power wouldn't count. But you could still have reasonable ilevels on the PvP gear.

And spell/attack power is such a better measure of how effective a player will be - it takes into account the enchants and gems and socket bonuses, and how appropriate the gear actually is.

Blizz, stop mucking with PvP because of PvE concerns.
01/12/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Loroen
Honestly they should give everyone all the pvp gear they want. If they want to world pvp/pve they can't equip the gear. It's not fun pvping when you can't eeven be on equal playing grounds. I seriously do not see a point in gear progression for pvp.

I agree, the addition of gear progression to PvP was a bad design decision. However, it is this way to incentivize PvE Players, who are obsessed with the reward structure of PvE, play get involved in PvP and thus keep the queues for battlegrounds and arenas moving along at a reasonable pace.

I dont agree with it at all but I understand why they are doing it. Still, I really wish PvPers could just PvP for the fun of the competition and not because they need to grind for gear so that they can participate in something that they don't really care that much about in the first place.
Edited by Diro on 1/13/2013 9:20 AM PST
90 Tauren Death Knight
If the cycle of season 12 going to be brought over to season 13...

Probably I will want to quit this game FOR GOOD and BAN ALL BLIZZ GAMES

Reason not just because of WOW, but look at all the games blizz has released recently.... Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, now MOP... all are failures...

Anyone getting Starcraft 2 expansion... bewary...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
And now for something completely different!

No, it's actually not different at all ;)
Just wanted to share some updated info we have with you guys: At this moment our intent is to change Thunder King’s LFR ilvl requirement to 480, we also want to lower the Honor gear in patch 5.2 from 483 to 476, compensating with some bonus PvP stats, so that the gear remains as powerful for PvP but not allow players to use it as a quick shortcut into LFR.

Like always, everything is subject to change, we’re still in PTR stage folks! And we all know that even on live things can still change, while we always strike to avoid doing that (and that’s why we have a PTR), gameplay comes first, so if a change is urgently needed, we do our best to apply it as fast as possible.

This is from: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6298061302?page=5#90
I highlighted the part regarding increasing PvP stats so the gear remains powerful in PvP.

The problem with this, is thay they are boosting the PvP stats (PvP Power/Resilience) Stamina and Main Stat(Agi, Str, Int) are based on Ilvl of gear. You are going to have PvE players running around with 100-150k more hp than PvP players which is completely unacceptable.
90 Blood Elf Priest
If the cycle of season 12 going to be brought over to season 13...

Probably I will want to quit this game FOR GOOD and BAN ALL BLIZZ GAMES

Reason not just because of WOW, but look at all the games blizz has released recently.... Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, now MOP... all are failures...

Anyone getting Starcraft 2 expansion... bewary...

Heh, there's a beta with some crazy design decisions.

My faith in HoTS took a serious turn for the worse when I saw patch notes that said siege mode wouldn't require research. And those widow mines... wth?
90 Blood Elf Priest
On the gear front, remember that PvP power and resilience can't compensate for core stats.

PvP power doesn't apply to hybrid healing. PvP resilience doesn't tie into spells that are based off stamina. There are other rules where PvP power is reduced. PvP power and resilience are just not as good as core stats.

And more obviously, PvP bonuses don't apply to PvE. So while you're doing your dailies in gimped PvP gear, your life has been made more difficult - needlessly - because of LFR. That's crazy to me.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
On the gear front, remember that PvP power and resilience can't compensate for core stats.

PvP power doesn't apply to hybrid healing. PvP resilience doesn't tie into spells that are based off stamina. There are other rules where PvP power is reduced. PvP power and resilience are just not as good as core stats.

And more obviously, PvP bonuses don't apply to PvE. So while you're doing your dailies in gimped PvP gear, your life has been made more difficult - needlessly - because of LFR. That's crazy to me.

Exactly this guy sees it how it is.
90 Orc Hunter
01/12/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Korlu
This is the biggest gear disparity EVER in PvP.

Pretty much sums it up.

This is so far the worst PvP exp ever. PvP Power, ilvl differences, amount of instant CC, no solution to bots and other things.

I though Blizz wanted to make this THE PvP exp.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Meila

Re quoted the quote for truth.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hoping Blizzard will look into this issue before 5.2 drops.
Community Manager
Changing the PvP Honor gear from 483 to 476 next season is a HUGE mistake. You are making it impossible to enter PvP Arena/RBG on a near level playing field when people with full 2/2 Malevolent are starting the season with 491 gear and 498 T2 weapons.

This is the biggest gear disparity EVER in PvP. Usually Honor Gear > Last season PvP gear so players can have a fresh start and compete on semi-even playing field.

You guys are making a huge mistake and you have time to fix it. Please listen to you community and don't go through with these changes.

Not to worry, there's already stuff in the works, and the item level change on that gear is just a smaller part of the larger picture.

We'll be posting a blog that explains the upcoming changes later this week.
90 Dwarf Rogue
Not to worry, there's already stuff in the works, and the item level change on that gear is just a smaller part of the larger picture.

We'll be posting a blog that explains the upcoming changes later this week.

Asking the "community" to remain calm, not overreact, and be patient?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
Edited by Kirnos on 1/14/2013 6:20 PM PST
90 Human Death Knight
Changing the PvP Honor gear from 483 to 476 next season is a HUGE mistake. You are making it impossible to enter PvP Arena/RBG on a near level playing field when people with full 2/2 Malevolent are starting the season with 491 gear and 498 T2 weapons. This is the biggest gear disparity EVER in PvP. Usually Honor Gear > Last season PvP gear so players can have a fresh start and compete on semi-even playing field. You guys are making a huge mistake and you have time to fix it. Please listen to you community and don't go through with these changes.

I have no problem with this, I actually promote it. I spent every day this season doing PvP to gear out and get fully upgraded malev gear. All of my hard work shouldn't be for nothing. You need to understand that the majority of the PvP community does not have Full Malev + 20 UG, and its only the truly dedicated people that do, and since they worked hard for it, they deserve to have an advantage going into next season. Upgraded Malev gear should be the gear thats better than next seasons honor gear, but worse than next seasons conquest gear.
90 Human Hunter
This is the pvp expansion... i think
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/14/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Ajthedknight
Changing the PvP Honor gear from 483 to 476 next season is a HUGE mistake. You are making it impossible to enter PvP Arena/RBG on a near level playing field when people with full 2/2 Malevolent are starting the season with 491 gear and 498 T2 weapons. This is the biggest gear disparity EVER in PvP. Usually Honor Gear > Last season PvP gear so players can have a fresh start and compete on semi-even playing field. You guys are making a huge mistake and you have time to fix it. Please listen to you community and don't go through with these changes.

I have no problem with this, I actually promote it. I spent every day this season doing PvP to gear out and get fully upgraded malev gear. All of my hard work shouldn't be for nothing. You need to understand that the majority of the PvP community does not have Full Malev + 20 UG, and its only the truly dedicated people that do, and since they worked hard for it, they deserve to have an advantage going into next season. Upgraded Malev gear should be the gear thats better than next seasons honor gear, but worse than next seasons conquest gear.

If people don't start off each season on close to even playing grounds, wouldn't that 1) discourage new people from joining and 2) defeat the idea of pvp as the part of the game that you win (or lose) based purely on skill? (I know class balance hurts this as well, but blizz tries their best to keep that in check.)
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm only half geared in conquest with no conquest upgrades and I've been making at least half conquest cap every week and I definitely PvP more than average. Season reset way too early...
Edited by Negåtive on 1/14/2013 6:34 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]