Why do people say stuff like this?

90 Blood Elf Hunter
"If it's red, it's dead."

Seems like what most people really mean is that if it's red to you, you have a * holy &^%! /gasp* moment followed by a decision based on their level.

Revised statement: If it's red AND either GREEN or GREY to me based on my awesome level, then yeah..it's so dead. If it's yellow then...IT'S ABOUT TO GET INTERESTING IN HERE!" >=D

“For the Horde!”

“For the Alliance!”

You mean to tell me you don't play both or haven't ever even wanted to? Please explain, because I know everyone's different and you should play whatever you want but playing on both sides adds depth to this game for me. I like seeing the different starting zones, appreciating different racials, how both sides experience MoP ....and Alliance / Horde exclusive mog items :D Very cool.

“You're bad!! BADDY!!!”

Doesn't that just mean they don't comfortably know their class/spec? Or maybe they need better keybinds? It's like when someone says you are stupid because you don't know something when the issue is not in fact your intelligence or capacity to learn, but rather, the fact that you haven't learned it yet or are rusty, nervous, etc.

Why do people throw these kinds of phrases around? I am going on the record as saying that I hate them. I HATE THEM!!!!!!!

Do you say things like these? Why or why not? What do they mean to you? Any annoying phrases going around that you can think of?

Side note: I am not great at pvp (because I don't practice enough/ make time to practice), been ganked only a few times while leveling Alliance so far, and have total performance anxiety sometimes which makes me do dumb things (certain people are particular triggers for me). Getting better but still...so yeah, maybe this is a bit personal...but I see this all the time, not just with me.
Edited by Samarrah on 1/14/2013 2:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
"if its red its dead", unless im feeling lazy. if you're ally sometimes its just not worth the effort.

just means give no quarter & expect none.

"for the alliance" - GO TEAM

"Baddy" - i reserve for those who should know better than to do things like leave their pet taunt on in a dungeon and completely ignore advice.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Warrior
I kinda back off from the "red dead" thang. I was doing my dailies on my priest on Tichondrius and encountered tons and tons of level 89s leveling still. I just leave them be. I even watched a fellow horde gank an afk ally and it was a prot warrior, and his second wind was keeping him alive. And then a second ally came in out of nowhere and attacked and killed the horde. And I just laughed my !@# off because he got trolled by an afk warrior. And then he whispered me complaining that I didn't help him.

If their level is a smaller number than mine, I either ignore them or help kill things that they're attacking. But it's fair game on people my level as long as they're by themselves, I don't like starting wars that will result in huge mobs on both factions that will delay whatever it was that I had intended to do.
Edited by Bromni on 1/14/2013 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I chose Horde when I started playing in Vanilla, this toon was actually my main. I have never played Alliance nor do I wish to, ever...

Horde 4 life.

Death to the Alliance! Xenos be purged!

[red=dead] If I am flying around and see Alliance, I target the player. If the player is red, it will shortly be dead.
Edited by Thundernova on 1/15/2013 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/15/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Thundernova
Xenos be purged!

I didn't know the Horde was a member of the Imperium's vaunted Inquisition.

I started out 7 years ago as a wee lil' human warrior (still named Samayael though), and I only recently made the switch to Horde awhile ago, about a year and some change ago. Because of that, I always have been and always will be fond of the Alliance.

Heretical coming from a member of the Horde, but thems the cold hard facts.
Edited by Samayael on 1/15/2013 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/15/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Samayael
Xenos be purged!

I didn't know the Horde was a member of the Imperium's vaunted Inquisition.

Oh but it is! It's a Blood Raven chapter, "Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation!"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blood Ravens are weak.

If you ain't the First and Finest Legion, the Sons of the Lion, you ain't jack.

True quote, the Emperor said it himself.

Though, if you want to be fair, the closest thing in WoW to the Inquisition is the Scarlet Crusade. The Horde along would be a main target of them, given the whole, ya know, Xenos thing. And orcs.

And the Blood Ravens aren't an Inquisitorial chapter, I guess I should clear that up. The Inquisition certainly had their eyes on them due to some... bad stuff that happened there.

Then again, comparing a sci-fi universe with genetically engineered, two-meter tall walking tanks for lack of a better term to a fantasy universe doesn't really work I guess.

I know way too much about 40k than is reasonable.

/glances at the copy of Eisenhorn sitting a foot away

I'm alright with that.
Edited by Samayael on 1/15/2013 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Lol yea. But FOR THE HORDE!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
full disclosure, i started out horde. which is why i am NOT IMPRESSED with them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I chose Horde when I started playing in Vanilla, this toon was actually my main. I have never played Alliance nor do I wish to, ever...

Horde 4 life.

[red=dead] If I am flying around and see Alliance, I target the player. If the player is red, it will shortly be dead.

Silly ele shaman you can't kill anything.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Horde 4 life.

Silly ele shaman you can't kill anything.

Maybe not now, but back in the glory days I feasted on Alliance. Especially when I was enhancement, wind-furry proc'ing entire groups of Alliance into the dirt. I had my fun with this toon, but I'll never hesitate to get in on some Alliance smashing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
01/16/2013 05:13 AMPosted by Thundernova
Maybe not now, but back in the glory days I feasted on Alliance. Especially when I was enhancement, wind-furry proc'ing entire groups of Alliance into the dirt. I had my fun with this toon, but I'll never hesitate to get in on some Alliance smashing.

I like my shaman as ele but being rolled like I was in greens made me not like him.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Thundernova

You forgot to mention ... If its something i can actually kill.

This goes for all Horde douche bags who think they rock it in a group of 3 or more vs 1.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
just lol if you aren't a black templar
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
“You're bad!! BADDY!!!”

Doesn't that just mean they don't comfortably know their class/spec? Or maybe they need better keybinds? It's like when someone says you are stupid because you don't know something when the issue is not in fact your intelligence or capacity to learn, but rather, the fact that you haven't learned it yet or are rusty, nervous, etc.

I have a particular level of hate for the people in Battlegrounds that spend half the game typing out complaining about the rest of the teams gear, experience, etc. I'll take a fresh 90 in quest greens that is trying for objectives over a full "elite" geared complainer any day.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
My blood runs red, not blue.

Lok`tar Ogar.
Edited by Theodorr on 2/28/2013 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Adding to this list of stuff I can't stand...

I do not like it when people discredit someone's opinion based on stuff that has nothing to do with the issue. Focus on the ISSUE!

Thumbs up response: "I do not agree with you about the state of pvp because of these facts and this logic, etc."

Thumbs down response (trolls, raise those hands and be counted): "You must not know anything about pvp, you fail! I know this because you play a belf/haven't swiped your v-card/are probably overweight/nice typo in your post bro/you don't have a toon on Tichondrius/ YOU SUCK!"

AND

I think most people know but FOR THOSE WHO DON'T, if you post on your main and then try to log over onto a level 1 or any alt and try to post with the hopes that you will seem like a separate person who is backing your awesome logic up when no one else will, BE WARNED ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT WE CAN SEE ANY OF YOUR TOONS WHO HAVE POSTED ON THE FORUMS and you are outing yourself because this extension for Google Chrome/Firefox exists: http://cogshanks.org/alt-o-magic/extension

/rant over
Edited by Samarrah on 3/27/2013 6:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]