Voidbinders Taking a Break in 5.2

(Locked)

90 Gnome Warlock
With this announcement you have all but taken away any reason for me to work on my alts when I can't even upgrade their gear. Why should I continue to pay for 3 accounts every month when it is just such a pain to try to gear them?

Why don't you just make the new tier unable to be upgraded until 5.3? The coding is already there since it does not allow upgrading to items with a base ilvl below 458. Not a hard fix to add "or above 503" or whatever number you were going with.
90 Draenei Priest
01/14/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Saraphina

Nope. It's pretty obvious that the whole "valor upgrades are a non-daily valor option" has gone they way of "we want to make PVP stats less obnoxious" and "we will have more frequent updates".

Yep. A conversation at blizz HQ:

PR rep: "Hey we want to make it so that players can play the game how they want to play it. And to be able to gear up doing things they enjoy."

Dev:"Sounds good. Tell the players it will be in there for the kung foo panda expansion"

PR rep: "OK, we told everyone we are adding it in"

MoP release

PR rep: :"Umm, how did we make it so, the player can play how they want to play and gear up doing things they enjoy?"

Dev: "We didn't. Actually we saw how some of they players were playing. They looked like they were having too much fun. We didn't like that. So, we removed the ability to gear up that way. So, now if they want to gear up outside of raids they have to do dailies"

PR rep: "How is that better?"

Dev: "We removed the cap on dailies. So, now they can do the same quests every day for months on end. We also have a plan for patches that adds 1 daily quest hub per patch with 12 quests each so, they can do even more repetitive tasks."

This...made me sad.
90 Night Elf Druid
01/15/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Calawate
The gear that we already upgraded....................... are our upgrades going to be taken away and is our gear going to default back to its original item level?

GC has already stated in a tweet that the upgrades you purchased will remain.
01/14/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Shimaia

So what you're saying is- the rep grind is required?

Pretty much. Once again you'll need to grind to do something with that valor you earned.

Gee, I sure am glad that I did my dailies instead of complaining every day on the forums about them. ;)

*Admires all the green MoP bars on her profile...*
100 Human Warrior
01/14/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Bashiok
Right now we’re planning for them to return in 5.3, which will not have a raid tier

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
oooooo...
ooo.

Blast... I was hoping to come back when the focus shifts back from Pandaria. Anyone know if the Orgrimmar raid is coming in 5.4 or something? Have there been any releases about this stuff? Wonder what the headliners of 5.3 could be?

Sorry to ask you to do my homework, but there's usually someone who knows what's up.
Edited by Keski on 1/15/2013 9:10 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
As I already said, this is disappointing. I have not yet gotten, after 9 weeks, my sha weapon.

I have been saving for the weapon while praying on horrible drop luck to change, which, as history will show, will not for me. I will be without the weapon probably into 5.2, which means I will not be able to upgrade it, to move up to the 5.2 level until 5.3?

Why does it feel like you are reinstating the 1% and the have/have not again? Do you want to lose subs? There was a reason why your numbers pumped for Wrath and Cata and have fallen off steady since.
90 Night Elf Druid
GC has already stated in a tweet that the upgrades you purchased will remain.

Not all of us (In fact most of us) Don't use Twitter. These things don't need to be said on a twitter feed. These things need to be said -here-. Where they're actually relevant.

I dont use twitter as well, thankfully MMO-champion helps to compile the scattered mess. Not that it should be an excuses for them to do a sloppy job. https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/289821071555846144

GC:Upgraded gear will not lose its upgrades. Upgrading will likely return after 5.2, but we'll evaluate all the feedback and see.

There does seem to be a growing communication lag between the CMs and GC. Also seems that unlike in Cata, a lot of the new stuff is coming from GC who is mostly keeping to twitter and blogs with CMs once again being relegated to handling feedback from the forums and posting the same things over and over again. That later part might be the reason why there seems to be such a large lag as the CMs are no longer the ones relaying what GC says and GC is cutting the CMs out of the loop.
01/15/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Keski
Wonder what the headliners of 5.3 could be?

More dailies, maybe scenarios and if we are lucky, SW will get some repairs completed. Blizzard might just surprise us and make new dungeons.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 1/15/2013 10:30 PM PST
92 Night Elf Druid

Pretty much. Once again you'll need to grind to do something with that valor you earned.

Gee, I sure am glad that I did my dailies instead of complaining every day on the forums about them. ;)

*Admires all the green MoP bars on her profile...*

I did too. On this toon. I don't want to do them on an each fricking alt just so i can use the VP I get when I scenario or LFR on that alt.

Again (I've asked this earlier) who does it hurt to just leave this in the game? How does my alt spending VP on gear upgrades hurt anyone else?
Edited by Clevmeleon on 1/16/2013 12:07 AM PST
90 Worgen Warrior
Doesn't this somewhat conflict with the notion of not changing the game for change's sake? I mean, you say you try to avoid that wherever possible, but now we can't even be certain if a feature's going to stay from patch to patch.

It just seems like a lot of headache. Do we really need to be playing a different game (yeah, I know, hyperbole) every time a patch comes out?

I'm generally welcoming of change to the game, but I'd rather have some stability than be wondering when a feature is and isn't going to be available.

THIS! there is a valor cap and would be nice to be able to plan a little bit so your not wasting vp on items that are quickly replaced
Edited by Landarkin on 1/16/2013 12:36 AM PST
90 Human Warlock
So basically, you're instituting an artificial upgrade deadline because some people can't do math(or get mr. robot to do math for them)? The people who would be dazed and confused by this are probably the same people who gem Spirit on warriors and keyboard turn ie. the people who aren't gonna spend their valor optimally anyway.
100 Night Elf Druid
Punish those that did not grind out rep. That 'took it slow' and tried to enjoy the game.

Some people do not have the rep yet to buy that gear so were upgrading what we had while slowly working on rep. Now we will be stuck and the overzelous rep grinders that complained on having to do dailies will be jumping well ahead. So they get their bashing rights again and will be blocking and harassing people that are behind.

Nice way to treat casuals again.

Why do you focus on 'balancing' PvP and treating PvEers like mindless sheep that only can grind dailies? No imagaination left in the designers of the game? Only PvPers left?

This game was originally designed around PvE with PvP as a diversion. Don't turn it into another 1st person shotter game.
Edited by Ayrthrina on 1/16/2013 5:09 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Warrior
01/16/2013 02:00 AMPosted by Saitharis
So basically, you're instituting an artificial upgrade deadline because some people can't do math(or get mr. robot to do math for them)? The people who would be dazed and confused by this are probably the same people who gem Spirit on warriors and keyboard turn ie. the people who aren't gonna spend their valor optimally anyway.

I hate to say it, but I entirely agree with this post. It's not often that I come on the forums and blatantly say 'This is a bad idea', but this is a bad idea. Stop taking away options in order to dumb the game down so idiots can't make idiotic decisions.

People are stupid. People will ALWAYS make stupid decisions. We've all done it, and most of us learn from it. There's absolutely no reason to wholesale prevent ANYONE being able to upgrade their items just because a few people make stupid choices.

Please rethink this decision. The players that can and/or want to upgrade their items deserve to be able to do so.
90 Pandaren Warrior
It is TEMPORARY, not permanent. And i agree with them doing it. It evens the playing field from my point of view.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If the goal with removing the npc is just to block the next raid tier of gear from being upgradeable, that's a pretty lazy way to do so.

I should think that the same effect could be accomplished via a maximum ilvl check and an error message from the ethereal "We do not yet have the tools necessary to empower that piece of equipment".

I'm not happy of the idea that now I have to make and upgrade my inscription staffs hopefully before 5.2 drops just so that I have them for when my priest and my monk hit 90. Or that my alts won't have the option to spend their Justice Points on their gear to bump them up to LFR a bit faster.
Edited by Saraxia on 1/16/2013 7:37 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]