Voidbinders Taking a Break in 5.2

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
You must not have many alts. Hmm.. lets see.... once you get Revered with almost any faction you can BUY for a measly 100? gold an item that gives ALL your ALTS ACCOUNT WIDE Horde and Allience 100% extra XP for that faction.

That alone is HUGE!

If you hit your Valor cap - you get a buff that gives ALL your alts 50% extra Valor!

You obviously have NO idea what you're talking about. QQ....
90 Human Paladin
Why is ANYONE crying over this?

Better gear is coming. More choices over gear in Pvp. When the new gear hits why waste your points on your current old gear. You still have X amount of points to spend on new gear. They are just taking away for 1 patch the ability to upgrade your gear.

You either grind for upgrades, or your grind for new gear. Its the same.

Even those who upgrade to get into LFR - you can still buy better gear.

I dont see a problem. If you buy new gear for say 1750 points or upgrade older gear twice for 1500 (750 x 2) - its all balanced out.

Blizz always makes getting the VP gear with JP gear after an expansion has been around for a while. It helps alts level up, it helps those who havnt been playing since day 1 catch up.

It saves you WEEKS of extra grinding ESPECIALLY if you have alts BECAUSE you dont have to grind for the JP gear before getting the VP gear. After the xpac has been out, you can use JP to get the top gear and newer stuff comes out for those to spend VP on.

The ONLY frustration about new tiers and new gear is... after working to get to the top... all your gear enchanted, buffed, upgraded etc, its nice to take a break for a bit and enjoy the "top" feeling. Yes... I finally made it! Nothing more to upgrade! I can just play for FUN screaming through content with my amazing gear. :) Pwning in Pvp.

Its a good thing if you really think it through.
90 Gnome Warlock
With a new raid tier coming, we don’t want to create a trap where people are wondering what’s more lucrative: spend currency on new items, or on the new gear appearing on vendors? (Hint: It’s the new gear on vendors.) To help ensure we’re not indirectly encouraging anyone to spend their currency somewhere they probably shouldn’t, the item upgraders will be taking a break.

Are you saying this tier of gear is available for those who DO NOT raid? If not, what vendor options will non-raiders have to improve gear stats?

My problem with the part that you quoted is that Blizzard assumes that any decision that isn't "Must grind new dailies for weeks/months" is wrong by default, no matter how badly they handle the itemization of the vendor items, so they're doing this to ensure that you have no choice but to do dailies in 5.2.

If there was any evidence that Blizzard's dev team didn't swallow their own slop about feeling dailies are optional, this decision is it. GC's line on twitter about not wanting dailies to be "too optional" also doesn't help the CM spin about how non-mandatory Blizzard's dev team wants dailies to be.

01/18/2013 09:35 PMPosted by Perrycs
Why is ANYONE crying over this?

Because, per Bashiok's post, it's a bad decision being made for the sake of forcing people into the new daily hub, rather than because it will genuinely benefit the playerbase.
Edited by Bomdanil on 1/18/2013 9:43 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
You all don't get it. Sheesh...

The VALOR Gear that takes a long time to get will now be purchasable with Justice Points which are INSANELY easy to get.

Why would you want to upgrade anything when you can get a VALOR piece VERY EASILY with Justice Points thats WAY better than even 2 levels of gear higher if you used the old upgrade system.

Blizz knows you aren't going to think it through so they are removing them to HELP you so you don't waste your points on the wrong thing.

And for those of us who already have all the top current gear, more gear will be available for us to spend our Valor on.

Its so simple really... and it makes perfect sense. The problem I think is... most of you do NOT know that the high end gear is moving down the chain and new gear is being added to the top!

And then... some of you just like to cry over everything but who cares about you anyways. :)

GREAT changes blizz!
90 Human Paladin
If you look at the posts you will find most people don't know that....

Most people are pretty dull and cannot possibly think for themselves. They NEED to be hand fed. Not just in games. In real life also. The majority of the population is pretty stupid, unable to think for themselves.
90 Gnome Warlock
01/18/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Perrycs
The VALOR Gear that takes a long time to get will now be purchasable with Justice Points which are INSANELY easy to get.

That isn't happening this expansion, or at the very least, it isn't happening in 5.2.
90 Human Rogue
What about archaeology BOA blues?
90 Human Warlock
You all don't get it. Sheesh...

Why would you want to upgrade anything when you can get a VALOR piece VERY EASILY with Justice Points thats WAY better than even 2 levels of gear higher if you used the old upgrade system.

Blizz knows you aren't going to think it through so they are removing them to HELP you so you don't waste your points on the wrong thing.

And for those of us who already have all the top current gear, more gear will be available for us to spend our Valor on.

Its so simple really... and it makes perfect sense. The problem I think is... most of you do NOT know that the high end gear is moving down the chain and new gear is being added to the top!

And then... some of you just like to cry over everything but who cares about you anyways. :)

GREAT changes blizz!

Actually the old Valor gear is merely getting a 50% price cut. It's still Valor gear, and will cost Valor to upgrade. Removing item upgrades makes no sense.
90 Troll Druid
I understand why items that can be upgraded with Valor, Honor, and Conquest points are being turned off. What I don't understand is why gear that can be upgraded with Justice points is being turned off.

Why can't the Ethereals leave behind an apprentice that only knows how to do upgrades to gear that can be done with Justice points? These upgrades can give that little bit of a bump to ilevel to help get to that first LFR ilevel gate. It doesn't affect any new gear (to my knowledge) that is being introduced in 5.2 that would give any advantage. Would allow us to continue to upgrade those BoA items that we get from Archaeology that we give to our alts to get them started in Mists leveling.

The apprentice that is left behind could have a dialogue option that would explain that the normal Ethereal was "on vacation" and he was only able to help with the lower ilevel gear. This could help explain to people who don't read up on patch notes as to why they can't upgrade other gear when 5.2 drops.
...I still dont have an item level high enough to get into all of the LFR because I haven't gotten lucky with drops and getting Valor through dailies takes weeks upon weeks to gather enough to buy one piece of gear....sigh....any hope for those players who are not gifted with lucky roles and the ability to play more than 4 hours every day?
90 Night Elf Hunter
I think it's a mistake to remove this level of functionality.

It may have been a mistake to introduce it in the first place, but once having been introduced, we end up with inconsistent adoption across the player base. Gear disparity is increased. Generally, gear availability should be increased as time passes, not decreased.

Removing the upgrade NPC removes a place to spend Valor. It removes decisions from the players. This will be particularly evident with weapons, which are not available for purchase with Valor. Players whom the RNG is not kind too will have few options without either Valor weapons to purchase, or Valor upgrades to existing weapons.

One of the things the Devs have commented on is that in the aggregate, the gear distribution models are working well, but that there are issues with it in the specifics. Removing the upgrade vendor removes a layer of granularity, accessible at the player level, for dealing with those specific incidents where the RNG creates gear holes. It increases player reliance on drops. Removing the upgrade vendor specifically attacks the gear distribution model where it is the weakest.

I think it's a mistake to remove the vendor.
90 Undead Warlock
I really like how this system would work - one patch of raid progression only focusing on gear, then in the follow-up patch worse guilds or just guilds with less time available can knock off that last few million health!
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The real reason for this change is that they will be adding another faction to daily rep grind with valor gear of the new tier locked behind them.

By removing upgrades it forces (only way to spend valor) to do their new dailies.
90 Human Death Knight
And here's another hint : we want you grinding out rep for the new faction(s)!

Your time is meaningless to us and we enjoy unending repetition!
90 Human Warlock
Sigh, Blizzard is yet again making a decision that should be up to the player. I can decide how I want to spend my VPs and JPs. I don't need you deciding that you will "help me out" by removing a decision point. I am a grown man thank you very much and can make my own decisions. You created a mechanism that I actually think was a good idea then decided that "Blizz knows best" and take it away. If I did not know better I would think that Blizz was owned by Big Brother.

Disgruntled,
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]