Voidbinders Taking a Break in 5.2

(Locked)

100 Orc Warrior
A little inelegant, but reasonable. Don't suppose there'd be a way to just raise the minimum qualifying item level each patch (and display it in nice big numbers on the window).
100 Troll Druid
Moo.

What will the ilevels be of the new tier's gear?
Will the new normal level gear be good enough that people who aren't able to fully upgrade a heroic t14 set won't be at a disadvantage for heroic t15 progression?
100 Draenei Paladin
No raid tier in 5.3? Do we get a contested zone then like TB and WG?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So... Is there something I'm missing here? What exactly is the benefit of removing the VP upgrades? Whether or not it's "better" to buy new pieces of gear with VP, the fact is it was a great outlet for people that didn't want to feel completely obligated to grind daily quests every single day (Not even considering the fact the people play alts) and for people that kinda reach the peak of the tier on gear there's no need for any of those valor items so people will just kinda be stuck in either spending valor on their off spec or just sitting there capped.

Seems to me like you jokers don't really know what you're doing and this is kind of needless. God forbid people upgrade their T15 they might down the content you release in the same day an hour or two faster
100 Human Warrior
I agree with the VP version being removed, and I also agree with those requesting the JP version stick around.

Upgrading 463 blue weapons is very nice for new characters just starting LFR.

I wish the vp version would stay gone. Its unfair to classes that dual wield and just bugs me personally that I will never have enough points to upgrade everything. Not to mention my os can never have any vp devoted to it with this system in place. =(
The jp version wouldn't be wanted/needed if the gear from jp was 463 making it worth buying.
90 Troll Hunter
"We found that players were ignoring dailies and upgrading their heroic tier gear instead. We resent this and will make sure you do our dailies."
100 Worgen Mage
The change was needed for a few reasons, but namely that you didn't have the spare currency to buy the rewards from the new daily reps, so there wasn't much point in doing them outside of vanity items.

I just hope that 2pc 517 T14 isn't so strong that T15 isn't worth using. Some bonuses are really good.
90 Goblin Mage
01/14/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Bashiok
With a new raid tier coming, we don’t want to create a trap where people are wondering what’s more lucrative: spend currency on new items, or on the new gear appearing on vendors? (Hint: It’s the new gear on vendors.)

Except this really isn't true for raiders, is it? Long-term, if you're going to get raid drops for every or nearly every slot, it makes sense to spend your points on upgrading drops rather than buying new pieces. Especially for people who are currently in mostly heroic gear, which, when upgraded, is likely as good as or better than the new valor gear.
100 Tauren Paladin
Can we at least have Sha-Touched Weapons able to be upgraded by Wrathion or something, as upgrading those items are kind of their schtick for this expansion?
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I recommend keeping item upgrades in full time, but with a higher initial cost - 1000 valor or so. Then every other week reduce this by 5% so it ends up pretty cheap by the time a new patch is near. Then reset the cost to 1000 every raid patch and start the decline anew.

The result will be that valor gear will be more cost efficient initially, but not always, and people can item upgrade if they really want to at any point.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
So... Is there something I'm missing here? What exactly is the benefit of removing the VP upgrades? Whether or not it's "better" to buy new pieces of gear with VP, the fact is it was a great outlet for people that didn't want to feel completely obligated to grind daily quests every single day (Not even considering the fact the people play alts) and for people that kinda reach the peak of the tier on gear there's no need for any of those valor items so people will just kinda be stuck in either spending valor on their off spec or just sitting there capped.

Seems to me like you jokers don't really know what you're doing and this is kind of needless. God forbid people upgrade their T15 they might down the content you release in the same day an hour or two faster

Resorting to insults means you...ah never mind.

In the past, when a new tier becomes available, the old tier gear cost drops from VP to JP. Meaning anything you would purchase from Shado-Pan or Celestials should be purchased with JP once 5.2 drops.

I agree with the poster who said older gear should still be upgradeable using JP.

My concern is the valor cap. Will we have anything to spend our VP on if we aren't at the right rep level with the relevant 5.2 factions?

I imagine rep will be similar to FL where we can rep grind on trash. Although with FL, we purchased rep gear with gold and spent VP on tier tokens/boe's. Not sure what to expect in 5.2. Any comments Bashiok?
100 Worgen Death Knight
Stop being lazy, Blizzard and implement it the proper way: disallow upgrade on new gear instead of removing npc.
90 Human Mage
01/14/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Aligatro
Stop being lazy, Blizzard and implement it the proper way: disallow upgrade on new gear instead of removing npc.

How is that even remotely lazy? Seriously the fact they are considering removing it shows they are not lazy about their development. I just cannot even comprehend why this is lazy other then to be a nitpick.
90 Troll Warrior
I'd like to see Upgrading remain available for Justice Points and Honor Points...especially Honor Points. Catching up in PVP can be brutal. :|
100 Tauren Paladin
01/14/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Bashiok
To help ensure we’re not indirectly encouraging anyone to spend their currency somewhere they probably shouldn’t, the item upgraders will be taking a break.

And for those people who don't raid or aren't even that far ahead? Guess we can take longer to upgrade now. I understand the intent but it seems to hit those who don't raid or who are gearing alts kinda in a bad way.
90 Troll Warrior
To help ensure we’re not indirectly encouraging anyone to spend their currency somewhere they probably shouldn’t, the item upgraders will be taking a break.

And for those people who don't raid or aren't even that far ahead? Guess we can take longer to upgrade now. I understand the intent but it seems to hit those who don't raid or who are gearing alts kinda in a bad way.

I'm sorry, but...how is "No more progression after acquiring an item" equating to "Will take longer to upgrade"? Isn't the exact opposite happening? o_O
Edited by Sabatieni on 1/14/2013 12:11 PM PST
90 Goblin Mage
01/14/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Dawnsky

No, this change doesn't affect the optimal gearing strategy for non-raiders at all. If you don't have raid gear, the obviously correct thing to do is use your VP to buy new gear rather than use it to upgrade your current gear. Upgrading only makes sense for people who have raid-quality gear.
90 Troll Warrior
01/14/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Gulder
"We found that players were ignoring dailies and upgrading their heroic tier gear instead. We resent this and will make sure you do our dailies."

Normal Mogu'shan Vaults = 5.0 Valor Point gear.
Normal Heart of Fear / Terrace = 5.1 Valor Point gear.

ALL HEROIC GEAR IS BETTER THAN ALL VALOR POINT GEAR. If you're going to be snide, at least do some basic research.
90 Human Paladin
Are 472+ weapons going to be more reasonable to obtain, or are they still going to be "LOL RAID ONLY!"? (except for the 0.00001% chance from scenarios that is)

A few of my characters still don't have enough JP to upgrade their weapons... I'd hate for you guys to remove the upgraders and then I can't upgrade to 471... that'd be kinda annoying.
Edited by Hirai on 1/14/2013 12:23 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]