Voidbinders Taking a Break in 5.2

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
01/14/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Binkenstein
In the end, it comes down to this: When there's no choice to make, there's no wrong choice, but there's no right choice either.

Amazing. Give that man more thumbs up. That might be one of the best things I've ever heard on this forum. And I agree with it wholeheartedly.
90 Tauren Paladin
But if your not raiding then why do you need gear? Just to stand around and look pretty? I dunno gear is something I could care less about in game, if I get it great if not no big deal.

You skipped the part about gearing alts, can't get into Raid Finder sooner without the use of item upgrades for heroic drops otherwise you will take forever to advance.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yea, I got into raid finder pretty dang easy. I was in MV one week, and then in HoF the next week. I got the klaxxi and golden lotus items from exalted after the double rep change, and bought the crafted leather gloves and chest, and had no issue at all.

You definitely don't need valor upgrades to get into LFR, heck you're better off buying valor gear.....
90 Human Mage
Boqus that wasn't very constructive.
90 Troll Hunter
01/14/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Sabatieni
"We found that players were ignoring dailies and upgrading their heroic tier gear instead. We resent this and will make sure you do our dailies."

Normal Mogu'shan Vaults = 5.0 Valor Point gear.
Normal Heart of Fear / Terrace = 5.1 Valor Point gear.

ALL HEROIC GEAR IS BETTER THAN ALL VALOR POINT GEAR. If you're going to be snide, at least do some basic research.

If you have a choice between upgrading a heroic tier chest and buying a 496 ring from domination point to replace your 489, what would you pick?

If you're going to retort in caps, at least think it through.
90 Human Death Knight
I love you guys, thank you soooo much. Been calling all my friends and letting them know about this and other changes that are coming in 5.2. Most are more than happy to come back!
90 Gnome Mage
My suggestion - give us a way to give currency to alts, even if it's at a substantial loss.
73 Orc Warrior
01/14/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Saraphina

Nope. It's pretty obvious that the whole "valor upgrades are a non-daily valor option" has gone they way of "we want to make PVP stats less obnoxious" and "we will have more frequent updates".

Yep. A conversation at blizz HQ:

PR rep: "Hey we want to make it so that players can play the game how they want to play it. And to be able to gear up doing things they enjoy."

Dev:"Sounds good. Tell the players it will be in there for the kung foo panda expansion"

PR rep: "OK, we told everyone we are adding it in"

MoP release

PR rep: :"Umm, how did we make it so, the player can play how they want to play and gear up doing things they enjoy?"

Dev: "We didn't. Actually we saw how some of they players were playing. They looked like they were having too much fun. We didn't like that. So, we removed the ability to gear up that way. So, now if they want to gear up outside of raids they have to do dailies"

PR rep: "How is that better?"

Dev: "We removed the cap on dailies. So, now they can do the same quests every day for months on end. We also have a plan for patches that adds 1 daily quest hub per patch with 12 quests each so, they can do even more repetitive tasks."

I love you.
73 Orc Warrior
01/14/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Valius
Boqus that wasn't very constructive.

Good. This idea is so amazingly stupid it isnt WORTHY of constructive criticism. The only thing it IS worthy of is scorn and ridicule.
73 Orc Warrior
01/14/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Elisabeta
I love you guys, thank you soooo much. Been calling all my friends and letting them know about this and other changes that are coming in 5.2. Most are more than happy to come back!

Ghostcrawler, stop posting on sock puppets.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
don't give a kid a candy and nothing will happen, give him a candy then take it away and you're destroying his entire world

i never upgraded any gear with valor as i got late into the mop raiding scene (fresh 90), but i think the whole upgrade idea was very nice for min-max if you don't think of it as mandatory(which is not)

but i really can't say how extremely useful was the option to use JP to upgrade my heroic blue gear to get into raid finder (463-471), i think is a huge loss for any new 90 trying to catch up or people trying to gear up alts with less effort (we all know mop hasn't been alt-friendly and this was one of the few alt friendly features for the first steps into 90-hood), especially when JP will be easier to acquire and a new raid tier will be released

if any i think the upgrade system should be more "sensitive" as for having different cost o upgrade different pieces depending on what's the item budget of the slot (using VP to upgrade items like neck/rings is unheard and 2h users are rejoicing) and to allow the upgrade of low-ilvl gear for catching up purposes

we also have to see how big is the jump of gear for the new tier, if we'll get new VP rewards with the new factions and how much VP we'll need to earn before we run out of things to do with VP again
90 Worgen Priest
Inconsistency always leads to confusion, drama, and remorse. Stick to a plan or don't patch something that is fundamentally changing in the gear upgrading process. To think people are wasting all of their time just because some game designers can't make up their own mind on the project they are doing, seems totally unfair in every sense of the word. I'm glad I never touched the thing. Its a total waste of valor now, which could be spent on future MoP gear with better stats/per VP cost.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
if we boil down to it, the game has never been consistent as they are always making change, right now they want to play with the gear progression trough patches that don't feature a new tier

as i said above, my only fear is that we'll lose that awesome JP upgrade to kick into the raid finder with relative ease

also not a single VP spent on upgrades is lost as they'll keep their ilvl gained trough upgrades, so it won't be more of a VP loss than you replacing your VP gear(and you can't call that a loss since you actually got a use of it while it lasted)
90 Pandaren Monk
01/14/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Bashiok
we don’t want to create a trap where people are wondering what’s more lucrative: spend currency on new items, or on the new gear appearing on vendors? (Hint: It’s the new gear on vendors.)

Why is this a bad thing, though?

It's obvious to anyone that the new gear would be the better value and goal over upgrading previous tiers.

It seems like you're implying that the WoW player base isn't smart enough to figure that out for themselves so you need to coddle us by removing an option to progress our characters.
90 Worgen Priest
Its a relative thing, yes you keep the upgraded ilvl, but that is generally 1250 to 1750 VP for two ilvls. Do you know how much I save by simply buying new valor gear next patch? Yes, you get the ilvl upgrade benefits right now, but that is a very short-term impact per how long MoP will last. Until next expan, VP is both scarce per week and valuable per gear bought. I can't just spend it on something that gives so little in return, and know that it will shortly be outclassed (or at least equalized) to the next patches content.

I'm not rich or hardcore at least to do this. I don't have the time to just get most BiS and use the upgrade system. And yet still know that I could have done the same thing for must less cost next patch. The upgrade has only two demographics to relies on: Normal/Heroic Raiders and those with a ton of time on their hands. I am neither.

I don't mind this system actually, it gives options, and I like that. But to keep changing it like some FotP (Patch) is horrible in consistancy. Yes I know Bliz ain't exactly a model for stability, but some standard has to be made at least per expan. Otherwise we won't know where to spend our time and resources with. Imagine if Bliz kept switching the required faction license of flying cloud serpents every patch, on and off again. It would be totally odd and angering to those that get to keep it for free, while the next patch players have to pay for it. Its the same general situation here with the way gear upgrading works.

Either let us have the option to upgrade present items, or make new tiers for us to buy, farm, or earn. Or let us have both. To keep going back and forth with having extra or not having options though is totally disorientating. I just want Bliz to make up their mind instead of switching mid-release. This isn't Beta they are talking about, this is about a released official patch process literally going back and forth. I want solidity in their official statements, not back remarks saying "well maybe we're going to take away what many were looking forward to, right after we released it as a permanent thing".
Edited by Vespereva on 1/15/2013 12:44 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
if we boil down to it, the game has never been consistent as they are always making change, right now they want to play with the gear progression trough patches that don't feature a new tier

as i said above, my only fear is that we'll lose that awesome JP upgrade to kick into the raid finder with relative ease

also not a single VP spent on upgrades is lost as they'll keep their ilvl gained trough upgrades, so it won't be more of a VP loss than you replacing your VP gear(and you can't call that a loss since you actually got a use of it while it lasted)

The thing is these types of changes usually occur with expansions and not really patches. Imagine if they implemented the dungeon finder and then decided next patch to just remove it. Its the same idea just on a slightly smaller scale.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]