Thoughts on 25 man raids

90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm curious how people feel about 25 man raiding. What do you like or dislike and what made you choose 25 man or 10 man? What changes do you think 25 man raiding needs for both normal modes and heroic modes?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Back to the Wrath model imo.

(This thread has potential)

(Also I went to the wrong realm forums)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm fine with the Wrath model as long as it is the same loot in 10 and 25. I really disliked running 10s for more Emblems and a few BiS items. If the loot is the same as it is now but 25 has a higher ilevel, I would be all for it. The problem with that is you now have yet another level of gear. Justice, Heroics, Rep/Epic 5s, Valor, Crafted, LFR, 10s, 25s, 10H, 25H. I suppose you could remove the Justice and Valor gear and use those currencies solely for upgrading gear.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
25s should never have been spawned, it should have been an even 20/10 split.

Its just too much work especially on Earthen Ring to recruit a 35+ person roster and expect people to stay around.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yeah I agree, same loot, different item levels.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I've done both 10 & 25 mans.....I prefer 10 mans becuz coordinating 25 people is just a pain.
ESPECIALLY on Earthen Ring.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There's no real motivation to do 25s at the moment, aside from wanting to play with a larger group of people. 10s are easier to organize and coordinate, 25s demand a lot more, which a lot of people just aren't willing to put up with.

There's some servers that have very strong 25m raiding scenes, but those are sort of self-perpetuating. They keep themselves going simply by having been around for so long and being far ahead in progression. And meanwhile, you have servers like ER that can't really sustain that kind of scene. More people would just rather do 10s.

Something's gotta change! The whole 10/25 gear dealio that's happening in the asian servers right now... 25s have the EXACT same loot as 10s, just 4 ilvls higher (I think it's 4). It might help, but would it be enough? Dunno.

Either way, props for keeping on with 25s. More options are always nice. I know that can't be easy, especially on a server like this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You can bloodboil harder in 25s, Dibby.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Blizz will never give 25mans higher ilvl loot again and there's no real way to get around the logistical issues of 25man aside from an incentive like that so yep.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/14/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Cuddlebolt
I'm curious how people feel about 25 man raiding. What do you like or dislike and what made you choose 25 man or 10 man? What changes do you think 25 man raiding needs for both normal modes and heroic modes?

Myself, I think the game would be dramatically improved with the complete elimination of both raiding and PvP, though I do understand that this is a minority position.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
01/16/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Kolzi
Blizz will never give 25mans higher ilvl loot again and there's no real way to get around the logistical issues of 25man aside from an incentive like that so yep.

Behold THUNDERFORGED!!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709282055
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Not really a fan of this system.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I'm just back from a long dwarven hibernation, so I've had to read up in the GD threads to try and get a basic understanding of newer fundamental systems, to try and put the changes into some sort of context for myself. I'm not an active raider presently.

I've read thoughts on both sides with regards to benefits and drawbacks, but I'm not in a position to even have an educated opinion as I haven't raided since the Burning Crusade, and the majority of my experience comes from raiding in groups of forty.

I just wanted to post the information in a pertinent thread and quoted you for context. In hindsight that may appear like I was confronting you on your opinion. My apologies to you as that wasn't my intention.

It was meant more with a dash of humor, but I admittedly have a strange sense of humor. Tini can vouch for me on that one.

I will leave the discussion of the more serious aspects of the changes to you good folks. I've got to go play the part of the Lorax in Mount Hyjal and teach an old nemesis to embrace the Azeroth Arbor Festivus.

/salute
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]