The Worst Idea Ever Conceived by Blizzard PT2

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/18/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Embral
I think the problem is a lot of current 2.2K pvpers think of their gear as trophies, and don't want everyone to get it. It's a legit problem. However, trophies should NEVER increase your performance.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Posted by Psyops
http://i.imgur.com/pc7Ss.jpg

Did...Did he just admit to DDOS'ing someone?

That is what I'm seeing too

Just shows my point about win trading and cheating... so the teams such as the OP here get to the top and get T2 and it holds everyone else that came in late season back because of the gear differance...

the fact he sees this as welfare gear and no a way to balance pvp just shows how scared he is

not of horrible players such as my self of course but as the upcoming pvp community as a whole.

Jesus christ, you're an idiot if you think Nadagastt would play with a DDoSer. Please learn to tell satire apart from a serious statement. Abn is a tournament player from WotLK, if you think he's a DDoSer, it shows how clueless you are.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Seems like we might have a compromise - make "elite" gear a recolor of normal gear, and keep all unique-looking 2.2K pieces as vanity-only rewards for high rating PvP teams. This way you get to keep your cool unique look without getting unfair competitive edge.

Jesus christ, you're an idiot if you think Nadagastt would play with a DDoSer. Please learn to tell satire apart from a serious statement. Abn is a tournament player from WotLK, if you think he's a DDoSer, it shows how clueless you are.

PUH-LEASE. Highly competitive WoW players have shown long time ago, time and time again, that no dirty tactic is beneath them. I wouldn't be surprised of anything at this point.
Edited by Embral on 1/18/2013 10:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
chop city #1 forum cry baby all else filler
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I think the problem is a lot of current 2.2K pvpers think of their gear as trophies, and don't want everyone to get it. It's a legit problem. However, trophies should NEVER increase your performance.

How about this: the new "elite" gear is a recolor of normal gear, and unique looking 2.2K pieces stay as transmog trophies?

And again, Op has said it, dozens and dozens of posters have said it, make the reward a cosmetic one, just give 2.2k players something to show for it.

I agree, and I thought it was the plan to begin with? There were quite a few arguments that people with higher rating deserve better stats.

I'm sure there are some people who think that higher level players should have better stats, but i think for majority of pvpers they just want a cosmetic reward. Problem is that blizz hasn't stated that they will be adding anything extra in for those higher rated players, at least as far as i'm aware, so people be mad.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I think if it's a matter of just straight up 'prestige', sure. Give 2200+ players their recolored armor. But, let's take away the ability to transmog it. Or is the 'prestige' not important enough for people to make that sacrifice?

Its probable not worth it. The reason, at least as I see it, for allowing the recolored elite version to be obtainable is to turn it into the new carrot on a stick for people. I mean once you have 27k conquest you wont really need to do arena/RBG. But Blizz wants people to do there weekly RBG/arena dance and the elite gear is their carrot.

Also if you cant transmog it why even bother getting it?
Edited by Zerde on 1/18/2013 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
01/18/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Wazikoski
Can they hand out challenge mode gear too if i run enough heroics

Why people compare PvP scenario with PvE, by doing that you just prove your lack of common sense and intelligence.

Balance PvP should always be: A match of equal forces and quantities determinate by skills.

This guy gets it
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Why is everyone ignoring the fact 2200 elite sets are only cosmetic except for the weapons?

JUST REMOVE THE WEAPONS!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3sm5ec/

That is all... God day sir! <3
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight

And they're not competing in anyway near the same way with there fellow guild members.

Kinda makes the point...pointless. Even on a grander scale they're not competing with rival guilds in anywhere close to the same way.

then why the people outraged for this change make their points trough pve comparatives?

they are both different so they should be handled different and is a good step to treat them like they are doing it right now, pve needs the gear advantage to progress whereas the pvp needs to lessen the gear advantage to make the real motive behind pvp to stand out, which is, skill

there can be dozens of rewards for pvp for all i care, but they should not be tactical advantages
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Its probable not worth it. The reason, at least as I see it, for allowing the recolored elite version to be obtainable is to turn it into the new carrot on a stick for people. I mean once you have 27k conquest you wont really need to do arena/RBG. But Blizz wants people to do there weekly RBG/arena dance and the elite gear is their carrot.

Also if you cant transmog it why even bother getting it?

You won't ever convince me that a winner in ANY sport on earth deserves any reward that make the game easier for him. This is simply not how competitions work.

^

Remove the weapons if you want, but don't give the entire elite gear re-color set to the legions of mongoloids.

Would it make you feel better if they introduced entire new unique-looking set only available for top PvP players, that didn't have higher stats?
Edited by Embral on 1/18/2013 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Why is everyone ignoring the fact 2200 elite sets are only cosmetic except for the weapons?

JUST REMOVE THE WEAPONS!

^

Remove the weapons if you want, but don't give the entire elite gear re-color set to the legions of mongoloids.

I will bet my firstborn that literally 90% of the people on these forums haven't a clue about what they're talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
how often do most "Higher level" players with T2 compete with the casual player in arena? If anything stop team hopping because that's why there MMR is so low and they compete with low rated people.

01/18/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Vicìous
aww man.. I was actually pretty bummed out when I read about the T2 gear being acquirable by all. It would have been sweet to finally get 2.2 and then buy that gear..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
OP can we be friends. :[

We need to hug this out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
01/18/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Poppychulox
how often do most "Higher level" players with T2 compete with the casual player in arena? If anything stop team hopping because that's why there MMR is so low and they compete with low rated people.
Your belt doesn't match, dummy.
Edited by Zolid on 1/18/2013 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Like everything, its all about money. They have a team of psychoanalysts and statisticians tell them that if a timmy feels "left out" they wont want to play anymore (money) because poor little old them dont have the skill or the time to 'acomplish' anything in the game. Its along the same lines of the "we'll now mail you purples for loggin in" aspect of LFR.

Blizz is thinking "we dont want all the talentless braindead wallets out there to ever feel 'left out' or 'less special' than the rest of the community (because that leads to quitting, which means less money) SO.... all anyone has to do now is figure out how to bot while they sleep, and you will eventually wake up with the best gear available!! WEEEEE!! YAY!!!! Everyone is Special!!! WEEEE
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

aww man.. I was actually pretty bummed out when I read about the T2 gear being acquirable by all. It would have been sweet to finally get 2.2 and then buy that gear..

This.

Also, if wintrading is the issue, solve wintrading, because removing T2 gear and shifting it to a points-earned system will not stop wintrading. All it does is tone down the incentive to wintrade slightly, but it still remains there as wintrading will allow you to get a higher conquest cap.

People who wintrade to 5000 rating will be among the first to receive their welfare T2. This is what the PTR system does.

Blizzard needs to immediately revoke the PTR changes and acknowledge them to be the horrid abomination that they are.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
01/18/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Embral
You won't ever convince me that a winner in ANY sport on earth deserves any reward that make the game easier for him. This is simply not how competitions work.

I'm not sure how you got that from my statement considering I was referring to Huggywuggles suggestion about not allowed the elite gear to be transmog, I am 100% in favor of the current changes. Bottom line, elite gear will be the carrot on the stick after we all et 27k honor, if you remove the ability to transmog it, the elite gear will be a rotten carrot that I just dont think people will try and get.
Edited by Zerde on 1/18/2013 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]