Time for a server merge?

90 Blood Elf Priest
I feel like the server population has dropped to a point where its effecting gameplay. Is it time for a server merge? Im curious to see what everyone thinks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They never merge servers, so it wouldn't happen anyway. Even if it did, Bonechewer is pretty average as far as population goes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
It will never be as bad as lineage NA where there were around 200 active players near the end of its service. hue

actually it was more like 60~70 in the realm i played in
Edited by Highkick on 1/4/2013 7:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/04/2013 06:01 PMPosted by Peach
They never merge servers, so it wouldn't happen anyway. Even if it did, Bonechewer is pretty average as far as population goes.

GC was actually talking about sever merges which is why i was wondering if this was one of the servers he was refering to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/05/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Lobster
Usually when they talk about server merges, they stress how they don't want to do that and they're confident they can find other ways to address the problem.

I agree. I started back on Mal'Ganis back in Vanilla and it got to the point where we had a 2k que wait time to even get to our character page and then when you finally got on the whole server was lagging. I've played on several different servers but this one is quite low for end game content. As good as a server merge sounds, I don't think I will happen. The most probable solution will be to offer free transfers here from a high pop server.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Eventually the merged servers will dwindle and will have to be merged again which is a bandaid fix that Blizzard won't do. They're looking for a permanent solution which I think CRZ is. They'll expand on CRZ and sooner or later we might see things like a CRAH.

Also, when you say it is affecting your gameplay could you be more definite? The only complication I have with the population is that the auction house isn't furnished apart from MoP material.
Reply Quote
my problem with xrealm is the lack of community. merging isn't a bandaid fix at all, it's permanent. more mergers may be needed in the future, but that also isn't a bandaid fix. it is consolidation - why should they have 400 servers hosting 5 million players when they could consolidate it and have 5 million players on 300 servers? those numbers are just out of my !@#, but you get the gist

less is more
Edited by Slashroar on 1/6/2013 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Merging servers is going to make people angry too, so they have to choose their next move carefully. One of the biggest arguments against CRZ came from the people that choose to play on really low-pop realms. If you force mergers then they're going to be unhappy too. It's a lose/lose for Blizzard when it comes to people's opinions. They need to open up more optional transfers. Our realm is never on the transfer list because we're mid-pop, but people should have the option to transfer to any realm they want below a certain threshold.

While I think CRZ accomplished most of what it set out to do, I agree with Slashroar in that it did very little for the community.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/06/2013 06:41 PMPosted by Peach
the people that choose to play on really low-pop realms

i hear skyrim is good.
Reply Quote
either way people are going to be unhappy

merging databases that are using the same tables (and offering free renames for name overlaps) is a lot easier and more cost efficient than writing tons of code for tons of different cross realm things so that people can have the same play but without the community you get from being on the same realm

BLIZZARD IF YOU ARE READING THIS CALL ME, MY COMPANY CAN HELP YOU
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/06/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Mitnal
the people that choose to play on really low-pop realms

i hear skyrim is good.

I don't get what that has to do with WoW? Besides the point of trying to get at the fact of "If you want to play a single player RPG, that's not what WoW is" but that's not why people choose low pop realms. Like I could consider going there to make more money off the AH by selling farmed mats, easier rare spawns to get in Pandaria, and so on and so forth, you get where I'm going I believe :p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Merging servers is going to make people angry too, so they have to choose their next move carefully. One of the biggest arguments against CRZ came from the people that choose to play on really low-pop realms. If you force mergers then they're going to be unhappy too. It's a lose/lose for Blizzard when it comes to people's opinions. They need to open up more optional transfers. Our realm is never on the transfer list because we're mid-pop, but people should have the option to transfer to any realm they want below a certain threshold.

While I think CRZ accomplished most of what it set out to do, I agree with Slashroar in that it did very little for the community.
thats true however if one server that is usually low pop suddenly got flooded with new/returnning players than those player would be pissed regardless. I know theres guilds that purposely move to low pop servers to get realm first with everything but is that really the kind of people we want to cater to?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/06/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Jesterjoe
Like I could consider going there to make more money off the AH by selling farmed mats, easier rare spawns to get in Pandaria, and so on and so forth, you get where I'm going I believe :p

what are you going to do with the money you get? transfer back to another server? Just a bad design, and if you are really getting mad about people getting added to your server on an MMO game, you should probably be playing a non-MMO.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/12/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Mitnal
Like I could consider going there to make more money off the AH by selling farmed mats, easier rare spawns to get in Pandaria, and so on and so forth, you get where I'm going I believe :p

what are you going to do with the money you get? transfer back to another server? Just a bad design, and if you are really getting mad about people getting added to your server on an MMO game, you should probably be playing a non-MMO.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006247134

I think the OP in this can answer that very well. And by that, I mean the original post in general if you don't mind giving it a gaze.

And don't get me wrong, I agree, more people would be nice, but after seeing how well CRZ went over...I'm not sure Blizzard would be able to merge well either.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
this server is NOT dead, ok.

this is a medium population server. If you want dead go to Azshara or some other extremely low pop server.
Anyone that thinks this server is dead must come from a high population server and be used to the amount of people there-
Compared to servers like Mal'Ganis, yes, this server IS dead. But overall..it's not dead. no where close.
I've been playing on this server for a while now and I have NEVER thought it was dead, or had few players on it.
Again, coming from some huge server it might seem that way, but it's not
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I say we become a rppvp server so we can listen to ganked butthurt in old English.

"Blast I have been foiled by that archer wearing a beast's head as a cap how fowl, I would like to fisticuffs that gent fairly in a dueling scenario!!"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Alliance is dead, especially if u have an odd playtime. Server merge or world tenacity would help. And yes, I am that bored, but entertained................................
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
01/15/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Foremoon
Alliance is dead, especially if u have an odd playtime. Server merge or world tenacity would help. And yes, I am that bored, but entertained................................

If you believe that the game is over once you've cleared LFR for the week or you're capped on Conquest points from your 2's games and 1 RBG; or if you think that the "Over 9000" feat of strength achievement is a big deal... then yeah, this server is dead.

Maybe it's time for you and/or your guild to consider transferring. You won't be missed and no one will even know that you've gone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 02:29 PMPosted by Konomichi

If you believe that the game is over once you've cleared LFR for the week or you're capped on Conquest points from your 2's games and 1 RBG; or if you think that the "Over 9000" feat of strength achievement is a big deal... then yeah, this server is dead.

Maybe it's time for you and/or your guild to consider transferring. You won't be missed and no one will even know that you've gone.

Not slightly harsh at all :x

I believe what they mean by dead is not what you listed, but by the fact that there's, what, maybe one or two PUG groups for any raids a week? And how far do they even get?

Sure, I know alliance has some decent raid groups going, but it's still the fact that PUGs are always nice for alts, yet they're not there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]