Time for a server merge?

90 Human Priest
I couldn't even get a Heroic Firelands group together to finish my legendary staff mid-day on a Saturday. Or how about trying to do Sha of Anger anytime other than Tuesday? Tell me how quickly you get that filled.

If people aren't willing to run old content, I don't even want to imagine trying to pug MSV. It would basically be sitting in trade for 2 hours looking for people, finally getting in, wiping on stoneguards for 30 minutes and the whole raid get demoralized and quits.

Do you know why you couldn't fill Firelands? Partly because of Alliance population, but not all. It's because it was a 1.5 year old instance and you were forming a group and reserving the legendary part(s) you were on and trying to create a legendary a year and a half after it was relevant. Just like every other caster that didn't have a guild or wasn't in line to get one in their guild. I pugged Firelands on my hunter quite frequently before crossrealm raiding was enabled and when Firelands was current. When crossrealm raiding became available, I pugged it all the time. If you wanted to do Firelands and nobody in trade wanted to go, you could have done it on openraid, except at that point every single Firelands group was "Legendary reserved" or "Mount reserved/roll priority based on attendance" if they could kill H Rag. Akirachan was able to do it, if he can do it, you could have, too.

You're right. You "don't want to even imagine". You want someone else to do all the work and you just want a larger pool of lazy players to pick from instead of footing the effort yourself to socialize, lead raids, make friends or organize groups. If you think horde is better for you because you can just whip together a pug with whatever random !@#$ters are in trade, you'll find the same problems you would on Alliance side. Aka people are terrible.

Also, please tell me you aren't serious with your last paragraph. If that was Blizzard's policy since wow was released, I doubt we would even be here arguing over how dead Bonechewer's Alliance is. Taking away faction/realm transfers at this point would just cause nothing but problems.

Partly serious. It's obviously an extreme solution they would never do, but at this point I don't know what to do to fix the realm. Part of it has to come from Blizzard but part of it also has to come from players. You need to take pride in the faction/realm you play on and actually strive to make an effort to improve it, not many people are willing to do that.

When I pay my $15 a month like everyone else, I deserve to be allowed to do whatever I have to do to get things done in wow.

Well, here's the underlying issue. Sha of Entitlement consumes you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

i get it! :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/19/2013 06:20 AMPosted by Hygeia
Akirachan was able to do it, if he can do it, you could have, too.
You are right, I could have done it back then when Akira did. But I figured I shouldn't waste my time getting a legendary that would be obsolete in 3 months anyways. I hope Akira get the most use out of his staff in the 2-3? months he had it before Mists. And because Alliance is dead is exactly why I have been creating my own Heroic Firelands for the past 5 weeks on Openraid.

Aka people are terrible.
And you think with an attitude like this you are somehow a positive role model for this realm/faction?

Partly serious. It's obviously an extreme solution they would never do, but at this point I don't know what to do to fix the realm. You need to take pride in the faction/realm you play on and actually strive to make an effort to improve it, not many people are willing to do that.

So you do admit there is a problem with this realm? Ok, now we are out of the denial phase. Second, I do take pride in Bonechewer. I like BC, nearly everyone I've talked to on Horde or Alliance side I have made friends with. That is why I would rather faction transfer than realm transfer (Like driven did in the beginning of Mists). Now, I'm sorry, but I have already reset my progression from 7/16 to 3/16 once this expansion, I don't feel like going even farther back to help teach more people encounters that have been out for months now. (This isn't being an elitist, I just feel like experiencing 16/16 normal before 5.2 comes out)

Let me dumb this down for you. If you spend your real-life money (not your gold) on a video game, but are unable to enjoy your game due to factors out of your control, do you not try to fix those issues so you can enjoy the game and get your money's worth? I'm not complaining about simple things like the Tuesday maintenance, but imagine in a year or two when you login and Alliance is literally dead. Are you going to keep paying your $15/month just to show off your Ashes and original T3 (both of which nearly anyone, even "terribles" can get with incredible ease now) or are you going to strongly consider transferring to a different realm to enjoy the game you spent money on?

Please try to tell me you are going to stick to Bonechewer Alliance until wow is dead, with your head in the sand pretending everything is fine and remembering the days of Burning Crusade and Wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
yawn
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/19/2013 05:17 AMPosted by Foremoon
Anyway, i check the forums time to time to see if horde start any posts about me, i get a lot of rage

search results: 0

I'm not going to get caught up anymore in this, as far as i know, this is a pvp server, just figured i'd put in my 2 cents.

total forum posts: 2

... on a side note, who was talking about making this a pve server?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Aka people are terrible.

01/19/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Zcreed
And you think with an attitude like this you are somehow a positive role model for this realm/faction?

01/19/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Zcreed
I don't feel like going even farther back to help teach more people encounters that have been out for months now.

Aka people are terrible.

ITS CIRCULAR I TELL YOU!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/18/2013 09:45 PMPosted by Hygeia
Also, Alliance might have less population but that doesn't mean the faction is terrible.

It's not. It's just the frustration of how much effort it honestly does take to get a PUG going, and no one wants to. I'll admit, I don't bother trying to myself, because I simply don't like to.

There is quite a few good players on alliance, but it seems like no one really feels like starting up raid groups, being a raid leader, and all that stuff. I'd rather not do it myself personally, because I just don't feel comfortable doing it myself.

Also, most of those good players are on alts that are already in raid groups or something, and can never be available on the days that you'd want to have a group anyway.

Basically, what I'm saying is I agree with both of you basically, Hygeia and Zcreed, because I believe you're both right on your own terms.

There is enough people to form 10 man PUGs with, but, it's frustrating to try to get it going, so if Zcreed feels he'd rather go somewhere else than fix it himself by creating PUGs and leading them, that is a reasonable choice, and very few seem like starting PUGs away. I'd personally rather move too, but, I don't feel like dishing out $100 to leave my guild, rather fond of them.

That's my two cents on it anyway.

I'm not going to get caught up anymore in this, as far as i know, this is a pvp server

PvP server doesn't mean there isn't any PvE. o.O
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]