R.I.P. Tar

90 Human Warrior
Kilrogg,

I'm sorry to be the one who brings you this news, but most of you knew Tar, and a lot of you loved him.

Tar passed away yesterday, from what seems to be an upper respiratory infection.

Most of us know him as the guy who would drop whatever he was doing to lend you a hand. Even if it meant flying out to Nagrand with no hearthstone. The guy loved putting everyone else in front of him, and was one hell of a funny guy to be around. He's been a friend to many of us, and a lot of us have great memories of him.

I'll miss the !@#$ out of you, Tar, but I wont forget you.

<3
Koore
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
QQ
<3 I will miss the hell out of that guy and jumping on his Vent just to yell balls of steel and then hopping out again lol, I send my condolences and respect to his family and loved ones. I will miss you Tar much <3 :(
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Losing Tar has been nothing short of tragic. He truly was a selfless person who was always there to help a friend or crack a joke to brighten your day. He was the only friend to me in this world who was just as much a Star Wars nerd as I am, and that was a bond that many would laugh at...but it meant a lot. :)

My fondest memories playing this game have always included a small group of people, and he was definitely one of them. As Koore said, he really was a friend to so many of us. He will be truly missed.

Thank you Tar for being one of the best damn human beings I have ever known. We love and miss you always.

<3 Ayu
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I don't even know what to say...

Tar was without a doubt one of the coolest, most down-to-earth people I have ever had the privilege to play this game with. Always with a positive attitude and in good spirits, he was a great guy to be around, raiding and PvPing with him easily rank among the best memories I have on WoW. Hearing of his passing was a shock, and I send my heart out to his friends and family.

R.I.P. Tar, you will be missed.

<3 Fae
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i didnt know tar for long but he was a great person and a good friend. its terrible to hear this kind of news. we will miss you tar

Bouncydemon~
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
one of my first friends in LC back in TBC.. one of the most friendly guys ive met here on and definitely fun to raid and goof around with.. RIP tar
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
R.I.P. Annatar, Tar, Deathstar, Bustyraps, etc.

You will be sorely missed, and my fondness of memories of yore back in AR before the split are fondly remembered; then meeting back up with you in Wrath through ToC, a bit of Ulduar, and ICC. Suffice it to say, we eventually went our seperate ways, though he was exactly the kind of person that if you needed help, or just someone to talk to, he would be there.

My most heartfelt condolences go out to his friends and family - you all know how great a guy he was.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Knew Tar since Wrath, back when LC was still together, good dude, rest peacefully dude.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
QQ
This is truly terrible news. Tar was great person and I enjoyed my conversations with him. Always cool and thoughtful in every situation no matter how bad things were going. He always had a way of speaking that was calming and could rally people to get a job done. I will miss you Tar, and your family and friends will be on my mind.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
This is shocking and tragic news. I remember Anattar as far back as GY rushing Azuregos. He's in a better place now. Rest in peace.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
QQ
8'(
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Vianya isn't able to post with her own account at the moment, but she wanted to make sure her message got posted:

Bye Tar. The wind's chill has had a little more bite since I learned that the world no longer had you to add your warmth. You will be missed.

- Vianya
Edited by Pitho on 1/6/2013 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Great guy, he will be missed :(
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I really cant believe this.

Tar, or as I liked to call you Elvegron, you will surely be missed. Thanks for recruiting me to Kilrogg back in the Relentless days.

A true friend.
God has taken one of the good ones away from us.

My prayers are with your family,

Bald-Dozer, as he used to call me.
Edited by Dozz on 1/6/2013 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Tar was an amazing person to be around. He was a good friend that i will miss dearly. This is terribly sad news. Anyone that was lucky enough to spend time with him i know feels the same.
RIP Annatar
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It's so hard to think of the right words... Tar made everyone better around him. It's thanks to him that I did as much as I did in the game. I remember the old-school raids, doing all the old content during BC and Wrath. I feel very fortunate to have been in the same guild as him in Wrath. I just wish there was a way I could thank him or at least try to pay him back for what he's done for me.

We'll miss you Tar.

:(
Edited by Clorana on 1/6/2013 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I have being playing with him for so long, from AR to Ascension to LC to Modest, I have so much to say but I dont know what to say since I heard this terrible news.
he is a great MT, and a great friend, hes always trying to help everyone without asking anything in return. he is someone you can trust everything even your life to.
Hope him rest well in heaven, I will always remember him.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
:(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]