Resto Kitty Legitimate DPS

90 Night Elf Druid
So I've been running dungeons with a few dps trinkets equipped, one that procs extra critical strike off of spell damage and another that procs extra agility off critical strikes, and when I got lucky enough to have both of them proc during Heart of the Wild, I was getting some nasty crits, 300-400 K range. My question is, are people utilizing this in a raiding enviroment? The implications of this to min-maxing during progression are obvious.

Like the rotation is not even hard, you just maintain lifebloom and rejuvenation on the tank, apply moonfire, spam wrath until the spell damage trink procs, pop HotW, go kitty, dps until the agil trink procs, and consume the combo points.

Consider what would happen if you just stacked pure intellect and then took this technique to raid. You could provide supplemental dps while the healing was stable and healing cooldowns for burst damage phases.
Edited by Anoru on 1/6/2013 8:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Maybe for farmed bosses? But to be honest if have time to do those its better to cut down healers although i do agree maximising dps is always helpfull in heroic fights i barely had time to melee the boss let alone do what u say u can do.... Ofc i never played druid and i dont know how good u are.... But as role of healer i think its wiser to heal and let dps do their job
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Definetly... I'm not even aware of what raid-level dps trinkets are out there which may be applicable, you know? I didn't go for raiding this expac because of dailies, been doing pvp instead, but still sometimes run dungeons for giggles and I just don't know if people are aware of the dps capabilities of resto druids right now.

There is definitely an even better way to exploit the "intellect becomes agility on shapeshift" mechanic that I just haven't found yet. Stack ridiculous haste for crazy energy regen? Stack ridiculous crit for more numerous trinket procs? Reforge Hit? Work with me here.

:)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Maybe u can try it for pvp since u guys are expecting nerf with some of ur mechanics and always feels good to land a killing blow in arena as healer rofl
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The main problem is that you have to gimp yourself by sacrificing the int and/or spirit (or whatever healing proc) from the healing trinkets for 45 secs of great dps. It's workable, but no real cutting edge team will run it because the classic 2 1/2 healer approach is usually one that involves either a holy or disc priest, who can still output about the same amount of healing as a dedicated healer at a moments notice, should the phase that requires extra healing come around.

However, I'd love for druids to get a monk-esque dps to healing conversion (outside of NV). It's a mechanic that i personally enjoy and would love to see more of.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Word of warning tho dont exploit it too much or make it public if u do find an awesone way to dps as resto cause big bad blizz will come out of no where and nerf the living crap out of ya =)
Edited by Keola on 1/6/2013 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
>_> There's nothing to see here <_<

Also I confess that sometimes after an especially long arena match which ends in loss, I maybe sometimes go into bgs, maybe prowl around in stealth to find undergeared rogues and maybe solo them with HotW.. :(

NS Ferocious Bite! Wait....
Edited by Anoru on 1/6/2013 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There are several raid fights depending on the strength of your healing team where an Rdruid can pop HOTW and pure dps for 45 seconds. Elegon is a very viable fight for HOTW, for instance.

Don't worry about getting nerfed, HOTW has already been nerfed pretty severely, I doubt they'll bring it down much more. The amount of damage you're doing is intended.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah like if you popped it off the top when there was minimal damage, and then had another chance to pop it before the enrage, that's a minute and a half of 30-50k dps (depending on your gear,) and even more if you run with some int-based dps trinkets. The agil trinket that I'm speaking about is "Searing Words" which grants critical strike on equip, so thats pretty sub-optimal but there are SURELY better options for dps trink stacking.

Honestly I wouldn't be suprised to see a resto druid top meters with the right gear if only the duration of HotW was taken into account. Getting a bloodlust during this cooldown? A hero? Please.
Edited by Anoru on 1/6/2013 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]