[PvP] Merely a Setback - Open to New Members

90 Night Elf Monk
Not an average "2k+ to be invited" guild.

What This Post is About:

• Who is Merely a Setback and where did we come from?
  • What is Merely a Setback's Goals and Member Ranking System?
  • What are we looking for?
  • RBGs: We Run every CR--join today!

Merely a Setback: Our Goal

Our goal is to nourish Darkspear PvP by running World PvP Raids, doing premade BGs, arenas and running RBGs. We have a goal that PvPers of any skill level--0 rating to multi-glads--will be able to find players of equal skill level to run with.

Because we do not have a limitation on the PvPers we invite to the guild, if you're a streamer or a video creator, you'll be able to find a rapidly growing audience in MaS.

Merely a Setback's mascot and symbol is the lion. We view ourselves as a pride--and yup, we're quite prideful, too!

About the GM

My name is Kitsu and I was originally an officer of Outsider Domination (also known as OD), Wrath's premier PvP Guild before moving over to The Crimson Tide on Horde. When I wasn't PvPing on both factions, I ran with PvE guilds such as Deathwish and The Church. After 2 years I have again returned to the Alliance to create Merely a Setback.

A PvP Guild for Every Rating

We highly value "skill" and "rating" as many other guilds, we also understand that everyone has to start somewhere. We'd love for you to come learn from us and our players.

There is no minimum rating to join the guild. (Please Note: there are requirements for our RBG Groups and just because you are in the guild does not mean we can guarantee you a RBG Core spot.)

Dedicated Streamers, Video Makers & Skill Capped Access

Merely a Setback is always looking for dedicated and active streamers and video makers, and your stream and video does not necessarily need to directly involve PvP! In fact, if you have any video that will somehow benefit PvP even indirectly we'd love to feature you. (IE: "How to Make Gold"; benefits PvPers by giving them a source of income that allows them to buy the enchants and gems they need.)

I am currently looking into a way to provide the entire guild with free Skill Capped access. Stay tuned for more updates on this!

Membership and Ranks

Merely a Setback Ranking System

Ranks in MaS are established by your cumulative PvP ratings, including Arenas and RBGs. This helps the multiple RBG Leaders we have determine who they want to run for different CR Comps. Officer ranks are distributed based on the needs of the guild, and what you do to contribute.

We have plans in the future for Gladiators and Heroes of the Alliance to be rewarded with their own rank in the guild, as well as help gemming and enchanting their gear for next season for a toon of their choice.

What We're Looking For...

A great candidate to MaS is a mature player who has fun doing PvP and playing WoW. Members should treat WoW as a game not as a secondary life (IE: You shouldn't take it personally if we don't bring you to an RBG). While rating and titles may be their driven factor, the MaS member realizes that everyone starts somewhere and that a number does not define the player as a person.

Members with a lower rating should understand that their rating does not necessarily define their quality as a player, but that other players still reserve the right to choose not to play with them or bring them to RBGs because of their rating.

PvP Membership - Forever Recruiting!

If you're on Darkspear and you love PvP, we're happy to have you join us as long as you can fit the requirements above in our "What we're looking for" section. Please note that we believe in giving people a chance, so acceptance into MaS is easy--staying in, however; requires that you both be an active and mature player. We value maturity over rating.

Current Core Group Recruitment

MaS is currently recruiting for our next season core RBG group, where you'll join other like-rated players to push for "Hero of the Alliance". (Please Note: Whether GM, Officer, Gladiator or a member of any kind, until you pass the below requirements during next season, you will not be eligible for being a part of the Core RBG Group.)

Requirements Include:

• Previous 2k+ RBG Rating / Experience (this XP can be on another toon from the same account)
  • Full Malevolent Gear Minimum
  • Ability to make every RBG Raid Night. (We understand IRL emergencies or duties happen and are more important, but please be courteous of the 9 other people expecting you to be there).
  • Add On's: Battleground Targets ("Healers Have to Die" is also a nice-to-have)

What Are You Waiting For?

Whisper Kitsu for more information, or any member for an invite!
Edited by Kitsu on 1/20/2013 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Loving it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
01/07/2013 07:47 PMPosted by Toskosa
a nicely done recruitment page i like it.

Thank you Toskosa! :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'd apply but I lack teh cheeves.

In any event, I'm invincible and I approve this message. :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
seems legit, like what you are doing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
did want to join until i saw none of your members have gems and enchants.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
01/07/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Toskosa
i am pretty bad at this game so the odds are ill die horrible.

I'm a pretty good peel-bot. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
ill join if toskosa joins :>
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Definitely going to send a /w next time I log on tomorrow sometime after the reset; looking for a more active guild so I hope to talk with you soon :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
01/07/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Fireflame
ill join if toskosa joins :>

Welcome to MAS! :)

01/07/2013 11:57 PMPosted by Zodberg
Definitely going to send a /w next time I log on tomorrow sometime after the reset; looking for a more active guild so I hope to talk with you soon :)

Sounds great, look forward to having you and doing PvP with you! :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/07/2013 11:25 PMPosted by Kitsu
i am pretty bad at this game so the odds are ill die horrible.

I'm a pretty good peel-bot. ;)

Truth.

She's a better monk than I am a pally. :l
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
01/08/2013 12:23 AMPosted by Invíncíble
She's a better monk than I am a pally. :l

Aww. <3 :3
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Well written out recruitment post, haven't seen one in years.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
01/08/2013 06:08 AMPosted by Mvp
Well written out recruitment post, haven't seen one in years.

Thank you Mvp. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Thanks for the compliments people.

Looking for more friends always for pvp actionn.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
01/08/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Fireflame
Looking for more friends always for pvp actionn.

Yup! Let's do it! :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]