Really unhappy with rare pet spawn rates.

90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
01/08/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Breathagain
or leveling a toon for the soul purpose of capturing one pet.

I bet you could use it for more than one pet and leveling a dk out of the starting area is not really that time intensive. This goes back to the laziness factor from before. You want things just anything more than the tiniest amount of effort hurts your feelings.

01/08/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Breathagain
If Blizzard wanted things more fair they would not cluster spawn restarts.

Blizzard has made some tweaks and pets don't only spawn at restart. What is your point here?

If they wanted things to be different it would be changed already is not a valid arguement for anything. If that were true NOTHING would ever change.

This is a favorite for people to haul out for these things. The thing is though blizz is pretty good about admitting what they do not like and what the regret and will be changing. Things that do not fall under this, rare spawns, pvp and crz. Good luck crying about it though it seems to be doing you guy swell so far.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
@Hearus

You are quick to call someone lazy. I have all rare wild pets possible with most of them leveled. I guess that is laziness to you. Yes, leveling a death knight for the soul purpose of capturing a pet is too much effort. It would need to be able to be leveled to the point where it would have a high speed flying mount usable in the old world to be competative. It would be a complete sideways waste of time.

Pets still cluster spawn. Are you saying that your odds of finding a cluster spawn are not best at reset? If that is the case one of the changes that people have argued won't happen cause Blizzard doesn't want them to happen has already been put in place. Unfortunatly for me, my job keeps me working during resets.

Blizz is well known to change or add things with no warning or to put off changing something it seems to be leaning toward. Forums have long been the place for people to chew over their ideas and voice their opinions. Saying that opinions don't matter because things won't change is thick headed and wrong. As a matter of fact, if you are claiming cluster spawns have changed, you are argueing against your own point.
Edited by Breathagain on 1/8/2013 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
01/08/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Breathagain
You are quick to call someone lazy.

If doing the starting zone is to much to get a pet I see you with 2 choices. 1 stop !@#$%ing because it ain't that much to ask or suck it up and level it so you can what you want. Lots of people have done it. Why should they cater a system to people who don't want to put in any effort at all?

It would need to be able to be leveled to the point where it would have a high speed flying mount usable in the old world to be competative

Bull. if that was true why have people done it and had it work?

Pets still cluster spawn. Are you saying that your odds of finding a cluster spawn are not best at reset?

I am saying they spawn throughout the day so people continously spew the it can only be captured at reset crap need to learn that just isn't true. Not for even a single pet in the game. Not a single one. Is the best way the only way to do some cause that seems to be the argument being used and it is rather weak imo.

Blizz is well known to change or add things with no warning or to put off changing something it seems to be leaning toward.

Covered this in my last post. That really isn't how blizzard has worked for awhile now. Pay closer attention to them.

Forums have long been the place for people to chew over their ideas and voice their opinions.

The rate of pure complaints and whines to actual good feedback is very bad so bad in fact that GC himself said most of the staff no longer even reads the forums. But really rant threads with false numbers and exaggerations may one day get something changed so more power to that crowd. Just don't be surprised when it doesn't change.

Saying that opinions don't matter because things won't change is thick headed and wrong. As a matter of fact, if you are claiming cluster spawns have changed, you are argueing against your own point.

I am saying they won't change in this case because the solution offered is get rid of crz which I promise you ain't going anywhere.
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Druid
i think CRZ bugs some player where even if the pet is there, you won't see it. imo it is not working for all players

people who started pet leveling/collecting different than others are the ones that got lucky with certain pets such as minferal and scourged whelping. they were easy at the start, gone now, over camped or bugged by CRZ phazing.

my friend has random logged and camped felwood since the start and left a player there, no luck....as for me, not going to bother

i'm building pets to PVP or resell
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
@ Hearus

Are you reading your posts? Are you trying to argue that in a contested spawn area, a person with a slower mount is not handicapped? Would a level 58dk not be gimped in a race to a spawn? Now you are standing by your ground even when it is crumbled beneith you. Give up a loosing fight and admit that in order to raise a toon to be competative in outdoor rare pet spawn locations it does take a fairly decent amount of effort.

My suggestion is that CRZ zone population add to the spawn rate. How is that getting rid of CRZ?

You need to stop arguing for the sake of trying to put someone else down.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
01/08/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Trixu
people who started pet leveling/collecting different than others are the ones that got lucky with certain pets such as minferal and scourged whelping. they were easy at the start, gone now, over camped or bugged by CRZ phazing.

In the past 2 weeks I have given 3 total minfernal spawns I have some across. One of those was even poster here on the forums. it has nothing to do with being lucky on log in or getting them before pet battling caught on a little. one of the biggest problems with it is people camping for days on end and increasing their aggravation and making it an unenjoyable experience.

There is so much more to do in pet battling than staring at the ground in felwood. Go fly around do stuff, check in from time to time. Or if you really just have to have it roll the dk on the super slow crzs or the few servers with no crz and get it. Sitting there starting will not help you in anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
01/08/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Breathagain
Are you trying to argue that in a contested spawn area, a person with a slower mount is not handicapped?

Handicapped sure, handicapped to the point that there is no reason to do it? seriously?

Would a level 58dk not be gimped in a race to a spawn?

That is why you are on a slower crz with the dk, odds are good you are camping alone. One man races are easy to win.

Now you are standing by your ground even when it is crumbled beneith you.

Not so much.

Give up a loosing fight and admit that in order to raise a toon to be competative in outdoor rare pet spawn locations it does take a fairly decent amount of effort.

Not in any way shape form or fashion. I use a level 38 on a busy pvp crz for some pet stuff. You are just trying to use a weak excuse to cover that people are to lazy to even try.

My suggestion is that CRZ zone population add to the spawn rate. How is that getting rid of CRZ?

They are fine with how rare the spawns are. I wasn't replying to you in the first place you jumped in white knighting someone else. Someone who is to lazy to actual try other options available in game right now to get this mediocre pet that people freak out about. I hope you feel like a better person now.

You need to stop arguing for the sake of trying to put someone else down.

Telling someone that is sitting on their hands hoping for a change to give them something easier that they are lazy is not a put down it is fact. I get you are trying to crusade for a better internet or some hero complex thing but they really are being lazy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I was lucky getting my minferno. I popped in at a good time and happened accross him.

Scourged whelpling drove me nuts. I've only ever seen one up and I grabbed it. It was terrible to camp for. There is nothing in the area to work on while you are waiting. The roaches (as common as they are) are even few and far in between. Luckily there's usually not a mob sitting at the scourged whelpling site on my realm. They seem to fly over on their way to the argent daily. For giggles I sometimes fly to check for spawns while Im in the old neighborhood so to speak. I had a friend that happened upon a huge cluster spawn. One person kills 7 looking for a rare. That lowers the rate of exposure and causes inflated rarity.

My problem with wasting a night or so of my pet battle time working on a server I don't intend to stay on is as follows:
I will not be able to communicate with friends unless I have them on real ID or in vent.
I will not play that toon for any reason except to collect things due to the fact I hate melee.
If the area is even lightly camped I will most likely be the slowest racer being a waste.

I think it is great that you came accross 3 spawns in two weeks. I think that is a pretty realistic and resonable rate. That you had enough time to pass off spawns that is awesome and shows that things are not too badly contested where you are. I am not exaggerating when I say there are always a number of people camping alongside us on Hydraxis. Sometimes I'll count half a dozen or more. I'm trying to help out a friend with getting this pet so sometimes when he's farming I'll go to the area and level through my smaller pets. I know he has spent 3 and 4 hour blocks of time sitting there not seeing anything. I can tell you that since I started I've seen a total of 2. Someone beat me to the first one and the second one I caught.

It would be more fair if everyone was getting the same type of shot you seem to get.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
My problem with wasting a night or so of my pet battle time working on a server I don't intend to stay on is as follows:
I will not be able to communicate with friends unless I have them on real ID or in vent.
I will not play that toon for any reason except to collect things due to the fact I hate melee.
If the area is even lightly camped I will most likely be the slowest racer being a waste.

you choosing to ignore an option doesn't make it not an option. At the point you are choosing that the pet is not worth a time investment. I do find it sort of chuckle worthy that you think it isn't worth when you got lucky enough personally to not have to do it that way.

And as for the slowest racer line I point out again it ain't hard to win a one man race.

01/08/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Breathagain
It would be more fair if everyone was getting the same type of shot you seem to get.

they do.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Pets still cluster spawn. Are you saying that your odds of finding a cluster spawn are not best at reset? If that is the case one of the changes that people have argued won't happen cause Blizzard doesn't want them to happen has already been put in place. Unfortunatly for me, my job keeps me working during resets.

My server just reset at 5am this morning; during my lunch break (ya I'm lucky I know) Everlook just started spawning Robo-Cubs left and right for about 10 minutes (I already had 2 though, but w/e).

Over the weekend I also saw plenty of Emerald Proto-Whelps in the afternoon; ditto Nexus Whelplings. So neither had anything to do with server reset.

I'm pretty sure I caught my Minfernal during a respawn in the evening too (it's been a while since I caught it).

I haven't seen cluster spawns for the Scourged Whelpling, but I have seen it a few times the past week (when I caught mine). And I am not up anywhere near server reset time.

So I'd say the server reset thing has been fixed.

01/08/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Trixu

CRZ phasing begins when you land in the zone; so taking the taxi will make it look weird; CRZ for the most part isn't broken in the way you're suggesting.

Also, I'd like to refute what you're saying about start early or go home. I started collecting pets a month ago and I've caught all the rare spawns except the weather and Pandarian pets (I haven't even beat the Cata trainers yet, I'm taking my time with this x-pac).

As for alts - we created alts just to get the Worgen/Goblin/Panda pets (or at least I did and to see the starting zones), so why not make one to camp a rare spawn? That's what my Worgen is going to do - wait for rain in STV.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I have all wild rare pets in the game and I'm on a PvP server/CRZ.

It's not that difficult and shame on you for being lazy and wanting everything handed to you on a silver platter.

Casuals these days...

It's funny - the same people that complain about CRZ are the same people who complained that there was no one in zones while leveling. You can't have it both ways.

No one is forcing you to capture every pat in the game - if that is what you desire, there's consequences for that.

Working as intended.
Edited by Sventizz on 1/8/2013 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
@Hearus

I honestly find it difficult to believe that there are servers where Minfernos are not highly contested. You are the only one lately that I've seen claim that they see minfernos just sitting there doing nothing waiting to be caught.

Again you argue against your own point when you said everyone has the same shot at you, yet you claim to be on a server where nothing is contested. At the same time you feel the need to tell people who are sucked into bad CRZ populations that they should deal with it because it's fair and Blizzard wants them to be miserable.

Perhaps you don't like the idea of CRZ population determining spawn rates because realms like ours might have as high exposure to rares per character as you claim. OH NOES! It won't be fair if they make it fair!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
@Hearus

I honestly find it difficult to believe that there are servers where Minfernos are not highly contested. You are the only one lately that I've seen claim that they see minfernos just sitting there doing nothing waiting to be caught.

I can vouch that I've seen Minfernals many a time I've flown by the zone doing that pet daily. I already have a rare so I usually just kill it so when the lazy people who are on their mounts alt tabbed on the forums crying about how they never see one won't get the spawn.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
@Hearus

This is why he said to find a low-pop server/region to park an alt in...

Besides, it's not like people camping are guaranteed to get the pet when it spawns. There were about 5 people in Felwood looking for Minfernals when I caught mine. And I managed to make grab 3 of them. Despite being lvl 85 on a PvP server.

Edit - at guy above me; I'm pretty sure I'm on the same CRZ as you. You didn't stop me from getting my Minfernal!
Edited by Roanranger on 1/8/2013 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Hydraxis is not a high pop server. We just popped into a bad CRZ group. Although high interest areas are pretty crowded now, it usually isn't with other Hydraxis neighbors. We basically got screwed by CRZ.

I do like the support popping up showing that so many others are not having the same issues. It does highlight the fact that the current situation is so very unfair for those effected by it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've had some interesting issues with finding the rare spawn pets. I expected to spend a lot of time looking for a scourged whelpling, since it only spawns once a day. However, it only took me about six hours of logging in at random times to find one. The arctic fox kit, in Storm Peaks, however, is an ENTIRELY different issue.

I've come to the conclusion that it never snows in the CRZs. I know that the snow is not zone wide, so I've been flying circles around the zone. The only times that I have seen snow were when I was riding a taxi into the zone. The moment I landed and had control of my character, the snow and the fox kits vanished -- along with all the MOBs and NPCs, which is an indicator that I've been pulled to a CRZ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Well said mister Op, I will phrase this so people understand how frustrating it is. !@#$ THE DEVO THAT THOUGHT OF THIS.%^-* THE RARE PETS !@#$ THE CRZ THAT CAUSES THEM TO BE SO MUCH HARDER.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Thank you Boasa - for giving us more reasons as to why we don't like hunters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
01/08/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Breathagain
I honestly find it difficult to believe that there are servers where Minfernos are not highly contested.

And yet several other people offer up the lower pop realm names all the time. The info is out there from more than just me. Sorry you don't believe it. Doesn't make it not true.

You are the only one lately that I've seen claim that they see minfernos just sitting there doing nothing waiting to be caught.

People post all the time at oddball hours that they got yours. You must not read around this forum as much as you think you do.

Again you argue against your own point when you said everyone has the same shot at you, yet you claim to be on a server where nothing is contested.

Never said not contested ever. My play hours come into this as well as I work graveyard and am often on those hours on my days off. It isn't arguing against myself either.

At the same time you feel the need to tell people who are sucked into bad CRZ populations that they should deal with it because it's fair and Blizzard wants them to be miserable.

Way to think getting a minfernal easier makes living on a slow crz all rainbows and unicorns. There is a whole more to this game than one pet. How would you like an ah that at peak action has 20+ plus darkmoon trinkets and no more than 10 pets listed, happens all the time here. Can't get people around for stuff as easy either. Half full glasses are also half empty.

Perhaps you don't like the idea of CRZ population determining spawn rates because realms like ours might have as high exposure to rares per character as you claim. OH NOES! It won't be fair if they make it fair!

Perhaps you have trouble with the thought that I have already posted how I freely give these spawns up to people, so yes obviously I am hoarding them to myself. You have the hardest time paying attention.......

You can come to my crz any time and experience it, or even slower ones they are out there. I am thinking this whole thought process is a little to much for you though so good luck either way <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
If you caught a rare after a restart it does not count and you should remove yourself from this conversation. At least restart causing respawns was a definite way to predict when some are up. So 5.1 catches and after or !@#$.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]