Really unhappy with rare pet spawn rates.

90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
01/08/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Boasaimhere
If you caught a rare after a restart it does not count and you should remove yourself from this conversation. At least restart causing respawns was a definite way to predict when some are up. So 5.1 catches and after or !@#$.

There is still a mass spawn on restarts. Well played.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
@ Hearus

You say you freely give away spawns you find. I say others should have the same chance in finding those spawns. You have yet to say why you think that would be a bad idea, you only claim that Blizzard would not want that as if you were the one at Blizzard to make those decisions. Even if I did not have a rare minferno, making a toon on your realm to look for a minferno would be a waste of whatever time I invested into it because I surely would not play a toon on a dead server especially if it is the ghost town you describe. There is no reason why I should have to make a toon on another server any more than you should have to make a toon on mine to get access to basic features of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
01/08/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Breathagain
You have yet to say why you think that would be a bad idea,

Show me where I said it was a bad idea? I said it is an idea that blizzard won't be putting in? Why do you have so much trouble understanding me?

01/08/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Breathagain
you only claim that Blizzard would not want that as if you were the one at Blizzard to make those decisions.

I claim blizzard said they like crz and rare spawns just the way they are, know why I said that. Because it is true, that is exactly what they have offered up on this.

. Even if I did not have a rare minferno, making a toon on your realm to look for a minferno would be a waste of whatever time I invested into it because I surely would not play a toon on a dead server especially if it is the ghost town you describe.

Again you not choosing to use an option does not make it not an option, Choose how you want to play, just don't expect blizz to care much about your perceived injustices against humanity.

. There is no reason why I should have to make a toon on another server any more than you should have to make a toon on mine to get access to basic features of the game.

What is your solution if I want to play on a busier server or busier crz?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
@Hearus

You have shot down the reason for needing changes saying the system is currently fair. We are saying that the system is not fair and needs change. You keep saying that I do not understand every time I point out the holes in your thinking.

If you want to play on a different server you need to transfer to a different server. I do not want to change my server. This is where my friends are. This is where I've played since I started. CRZ itself isn't a problem for me, poor spawn rates are.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
If you want to play on a different server you need to transfer to a different server. I do not want to change my server. This is where my friends are. This is where I've played since I started. CRZ itself isn't a problem for me, poor spawn rates are.

And I am the one with holes in my thinking. And again blizz stated they want them rare and they like the way it is. This is not my thinking. This is the way it is. I wish everyone could be happy, unfortunately some want the bar so low they can roll over.
Reply Quote
10 Pandaren Monk
@people blaming CRZ: These spawns were intended for a lot of people competing for them. They weren't intended to be really hard for people on populated servers and really easy for people on ghost town servers. If they disabled CRZ for pet battles, they would have to drastically lower the drop rate further to compensate. Otherwise it would be too easy to just roll an alt on whichever server is the most dead and pick up all of the rare pets in one afternoon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I feel your pain, the CRZ seems to make the problem much worst. For certain pets like miniferno, and scourged whelpling I see tons of campers around from other zones. I have my pally alt parked and everyday I do in I do a transmute. I've done that for 15 days and still no luck. I do have a uncommon scourged whleping but I think its wrong breed and don't feel like upgrading it. I don't even care if I get a poor and its the correct breed.

I've just started camping the miniferno swawn and no luck.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
CRZ is at fault. Having pet spawn times be adjusted based on the number of servers being CRZ's would be FAIR. I've seen the two extremes. I've gone to icecrown and seen 5 campers there full time. I've gone to icecrown and seen 0 people and 13 spawned every time I went there (8 hour gaps) and killed them all for 3 straight times until I got a rare.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The thing with CRZ is there is a max limit for players.

If there are too many people a new instance of the zone spins up.

It's even possible for there to be two CRZ's full of players from the *same* realm.

So Blizz has already tuned Minfernals to their 'worst-case' player capacity. Which is why they are so adamant in their stance that things are working as intended.

So to Blizz CRZ population is supposed to be constant, of course we know about min pop regions to find an underpopulated CRZ...

But the thrust of what you guys want has already been implemented.

it's just the *numbers* Blizz settled at are less generous than what you guys would like...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Some of those rare pet spawns are time based, some are action based. You have to do the research and figure out which is which. Minifernal is action while scourged whelpling is time. Just throwing you a bone.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
UE
01/08/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Amlas
You have to just ignore Hearus, she's either a Blizz employee who loves CRZ or someone who argues just to argue (we all know 'that' guy).

Might want to ignore me as well since I think CRZ is a good addition to WoW and has given life to many a dead zone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The issue really is CRZ.
If you want to make these 'rare' pets spawn once a day, that is fine - that does make the pet rare. However, when you have 8+ servers all competing for the exact same handful of pets - it isn't rare, it's a crap shoot (if you're VERY lucky). As if this weren't bad enough, there is nothing to make some pets spawn apart from a server restart.

When a few seconds length of your loading screen is the determining factor on if you do/don't get a pet, there is a pretty obvious flaw somewhere.

This is false, the issue is not CRZ and I get frustrated hearing people complain about it. The OP had it right that the issue is spawn rates. The spawn rates, essentially the "supply" is based on a certain number of people in the zone. CRZ is only meant to keep the number of people in the zone at the expected level. Now, whether CRZ is keeping those levels at the right targets is another issue, but people need to stop yammering about CRZ if their issue is pet "supply". Focusing on the wrong thing will only reduce the chance your point is heard and considered by the powers that be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The thing with CRZ is there is a max limit for players.

If there are too many people a new instance of the zone spins up.

It's even possible for there to be two CRZ's full of players from the *same* realm.

So Blizz has already tuned Minfernals to their 'worst-case' player capacity. Which is why they are so adamant in their stance that things are working as intended.

So to Blizz CRZ population is supposed to be constant, of course we know about min pop regions to find an underpopulated CRZ...

But the thrust of what you guys want has already been implemented.

it's just the *numbers* Blizz settled at are less generous than what you guys would like...

Well said. As I mentioned in my post above, it's frustrating to hear people complain about CRZ when it isn't their actual issue. It's like complaining that there aren't enough stores selling the WoW Collectors edition for the latest expansion you want because every time you go into the store there are a lot of people waiting for it to arrive. It's not the number of stores, it's the fact that the item is limited and each outlet is only getting a couple of the items for sale.
Reply Quote
95% of the pets can be caught with minimal effort. Ninety-five percent.

You don't NEED scourged whelpling and minfernal. You have plenty of options and awesome pets that you can get that are easily and readily available in the world. These are two out of a HALF THOUSAND pets that require some effort. Some rarity is GOOD FOR THE GAME AS A WHOLE.

There is absolutely no reason to change the spawn behavior and rarity of these pets. If you want one, commit to the camp and you will inevitably end up getting one. I achieved both my scourged whelpling and minfernal in the past few weeks after VERY tedious camping, and it makes me appreciate them that much more.

TLDR; quit your whining. You have a half thousand other pets you can collect if these two are too difficult of a camp for you. Just because you want everything handed to you doesn't mean the game should do so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]