Consolidate Uldaman

90 Human Paladin
Been here since right before BC, nuff said.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Many would benefit from merging guilds and it was an option I tried exploring for Broken with little results towards the end of Cata. We're now on an indefinite hiatus along with a number of other guilds that remain unable to field stable raiding rosters with what appears to be a shrinking server population. Folks are awfully fond of starting up go nowhere guilds that ultimately fold within a month or two instead of merging.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Agreed X 10
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sign the petition
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm sure if most were willing to let their guild go and merge into another guild, more mergers would happen. We recently picked up a guild on the server, and gchat is full of life :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The problem is where does it stop? The merger works for what 1 tier? then what? The fact is Uldaman is dying and nothing short of server mergers is going to save that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It was with heavy heart we took Nexus off uldaman, for many of us Uld had been our home since vanilla/tbc. Honestly, now having been on Stormrage for 6 months, I do not regret this one bit. I am not bashing my old haunt, but change is good. Going from there to here was like the country kid moving to New York. This server is alive and huge, it never stops 24/7. At 4 in the morning you will find succesful 16/16 pugs and xmog runs beyond counting. Alliance side has been dying on Uld since the end of Wrath, when Nexus and EoA used to work together doing gdkp runs, I miss Roxxane (anyone remember the Rags loves Rox guild merganzer/humzinger made??) \

Cata came along and nexus moved to 10 mans, eoa kept it going in 25, but in order to recruit both guilds had to look off server for the most part. Runestones did a hella job keeping it going, but cataclysm was just that, alot of good players stopped playing or left. Many of my friends went to SoU or Immo, what little talent outside eoa was to far spread out to make much of anything happen.

So why beat a dead horse? Alliance side on uldaman is just a shadow of what it once was, but there is a big wide world out there, and with a little research, a level 1 troll...I mean alt, and 25 bucks you can go explore and find a active and thriving new home.

Take care Uldaman.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Still think there are too many servers atm, I've also heard plenty of testimonials from people and guilds that moved w/o any benefits after it was completed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/08/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Porkofdoom
Folks are awfully fond of starting up go nowhere guilds that ultimately fold within a month or two instead of merging.

Sadly, that's because many don't realize just what kind of work is put into leading and running a successful guild. They're unhappy with their current situations and think they can start up their own guild, run it the way they want and life in azeroth will be all rainbows and cupcakes.

Those new start up guilds die because the leaders don't necessarily want to put in the effort of recruiting people to their guild. Recruitment is hard, and a lot of new leaders just don't have the patience for it. These same people could join a guild that is similar to their interests and even work their way up to a leadership role in that guild.

"Guild Merging" strikes fear and loathing into the heart of many guilds. Sure, some merges are successful. But many are not. So many guild leaders shy away from the whole idea. Mergers are hard, because not all parties are necessarily on the same page in terms of play style, goals, etc.

Server Merging is a whole different animal, and given the low population on many realms, is really not a bad idea. Uldaman wasn't doing terribly, but with so many quality players and guilds leaving the server (Alliance seems to be completely decimated at this point), it's probably going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

In order to get Uldaman back on track, we really should work together to try and get more players back to Uldaman. Call me crazy, but I love recruiting. MT is full so I'm going through withdrawals lol. If any guilds out there are recruiting off server in the blizz forums I'd be glad to help support your efforts.

/cheers
(aka Alykii, Kykki, etc)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I was just going to make a forum post about this.

I have been on this server since raiding MC in Vanilla. Some of you know my alts Cith (gnome rogue), Heishi (human paladin), Quickpaw (feral druid), Duba (worgen warlock) and many other characters. I joined Wrath of Medivh when we downed Domo in 40man MC. Cleared Cata, Gruul, Mags, SSC and TK with them in my rogue. I stoped playing in WotLK and came back at the end of Cata.

I think guild mergers could work if people know what they are getting into. Problem is people are used to doing things one way and then a merger happens and of course things change and personalities clash. This is when problems start occurring. But I do think they could work if mature people are involved.

I have a group of 8-9 dedicated raiders that come prepared each night and know their classes in and out. We are all real life friends and hang out a lot outside of WoW as well. Most of us are from Dominican Republic and we have been raiding since before BC. We would definitely entertain the idea of joining a guild/creating a new guild to raid 25mans. We are NOT hardcore raiders. Meaning we have a life outside of WoW. We do give it our all for every raid and use WoL to try to improve our performance daily. All of us are between 25-35 years old and we have jobs and families to take care of outside of Wow. So raiding 4 times a week is out of the question. We raid 2 times a week from 8pm-11pm server time (after dailight savings is over we do 9pm to 12pm server). Sometimes we may do 3 times a week when we are close to downing a boss.

Add me on my battletag (Sundice#1173) if you think you have a group of raiders interested. As of right now we are open to anything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well said all. We talked as a guild and came up with a group decision to stay on Uldaman, stay Alliance and stay Millennium! I'm proud of the ownership and sacrifice that everyone is taking in our guild. If we can help any others, please don't hesitate to call on us.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm glad to see some open dialogue by folks on the topic and wish all here on our "backwater" (man, when did we first get that tag thrown on us?) server the best of luck carrying on. The idea and implementation of merging a few of the lower population servers is overdue.

Yes, I agree guild mergers can be and are dicey at times. It does take a lot of communication and making sure like-minded people are getting together as well as strong, well managed leadership. I hope that this thead can inspire some folks to work towards some mergers to make some stronger more stable guilds on server for all of our benefit.

Though some of you may be filthy alliance, I applaud you for working on your guilds, it really is no small or easy task. I'd again advise those thinking that starting another guild is the solution to think twice and shop around with the number of guilds already around that you might mesh well with. Like Twynkki said

01/10/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Twynkki
Sadly, that's because many don't realize just what kind of work is put into leading and running a successful guild. They're unhappy with their current situations and think they can start up their own guild, run it the way they want and life in azeroth will be all rainbows and cupcakes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Although you are a pagan horde, you seem wise. Must of been the time in the Stockade around humans... ;)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/10/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Reignmaker
Although you are a pagan horde,

Thanks for the compliment :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Had a great 25 run with another guild tonight!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Although you are a pagan horde, you seem wise. Must of been the time in the Stockade around humans... ;)

^^ pmsl

seriously though, Im yet to see a truly successful guild merger that doesn’t leave too many once loyal guildys embittered or disenfranchised...

...that said I agree with Reignmaker & others above that a merger of lower population servers is long overdue & I reckon our best hope of retaining both the skilled & the hella funny players that have made Uldaman my server of choice for so long.

Cheers
Ð
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
01/15/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Ðøømlørð

^^ pmsl

seriously though, Im yet to see a truly successful guild merger that doesn’t leave too many once loyal guildys embittered or disenfranchised...

...that said I agree with Reignmaker & others above that a merger of lower population servers is long overdue & I reckon our best hope of retaining both the skilled & the hella funny players that have made Uldaman my server of choice for so long.

Cheers
Ð

Audacity merged with Who Put That There awhile ago and have had nothing but good times since.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Keep the discussion going
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/15/2013 09:46 PMPosted by Zelinei
Audacity merged with Who Put That There awhile ago and have had nothing but good times since.

Glad to hear about one going well! Did I see Blackout and Bloodshrine Hordeborn merge too? How's that going?

Guild mergers CAN be successful if done right. Personally I've been afraid of them, but we have successfully absorbed some cores of other guilds over the past year. From my observations, the ones that have failed have been because:

1. The two guilds weren't compatible with each other
2. The membership of the original guilds didn't like the direction the "new and improved" guild was going
3. Power struggles among both leaderships
4. Leadership couldn't handle herding cats when going from a small guild to a suddenly large guild
5. Lack of clear communication about the new goals and expectations

For those of you that have successfully merged guilds, do you have any pearls of wisdom on how you're making it work? It's always best to learn from the mistakes and success of others. :)

/cheers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]