Consolidate Uldaman

90 Human Death Knight
Exactly what Flash said. Nothing is going to happen if nobody does anything. Since we didn't have any volounteers of forming any kind of group leaving the meeting minus myself, guess what I did. That's right make a 25m pug run, its an open invite, so everyone is welcome, and its only labeled as my guild hosting the run, its not specific to my guild or carry us etc. Just the fact that my guild is bringing feasts and that I will layout the strategy if nobody else is going to or knows the fights better than me. If we want to do a round robin for guild's hosting 25m on the weekend, by all means lets do so. But like I said, if nobody does anything other than talk, nothing is going to happen except we see the server continue to steadily decline.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I think Adrac (Vanclif) was just hastily throwing something together to get the ball rolling, and leaders all have power to invite people to the raid so anyone can invite and within the next 24 hours we will have to confirm who will be going and who will not.

understood, but Im as confused as Tec... I thought ONLY GM's were inving for 1st few... especially to show who represents our guilds best...

ie - I see at least 2 of our guildys I never invited to the run for reasons it wouldnt be appropriate disclose here while our best sit wondering if we as GM's can provide the actual outcomes/solutions we all discussed in the recent meeting...

.. that said Im very happy to see the GM chat chan being used and hope it continues as all of our crew are keen to help in anyway we can for the benefit of the server as a whole..

cheers

Ðoom

ps both Chrismalibu & I are dealing with RL emergencies atm however our raid lead "Infinichi" can assist when/if we are not available.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
02/15/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Ðøømlørð
understood, but Im as confused as Tec... I thought ONLY GM's were inving for 1st few... especially to show who represents our guilds best..

That's all well and good however given the scarcity of the signups at this point we need anybody who can go to sign up to make it happen, without people we cant raid so we are taking all signups into consideration at this point and should deliberate after we see what we have to work with rather than designating a select few and have them not be able to make it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I realize this is probably not constructive in any possible way but I thought it was mildly entertaining and was asked to share it with a few friends who are from this server that either have left or are still here and contemplating leaving or are sticking it out for the long haul.

This is to the tune of the Fresh Prince of Bel'Air (yes I came up with the retarded lyrics myself)

"From the backwaters of uldaman born and raised, in the moonwells I spent most of my days, killing hogs, maxing, and doing the best that I could and all shooting some idiot with a moonfire when i could."

That is about all I came up with!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The whole reason behind the raid was met. The reason you saw people not invited is because they were invited by myself or someone from their respective guilds. To add to this, and from my previous comments, if nobody takes charge then nothing will happen, bc on the same day as our meeting, I posted the raid and passed mod status to respective GMs and RLs. So in the end, the people that showed up is in turn all of us who invited. Nobody outside a GM or RL had mod privs. If someone did it's bc the GM or RL that had mod privs was not doing anything, which is part of our problem, people talk but take no action. Which is fine in my honest opinion, bc this just lets us know who is willing to help out the server and who still just wants to say they will but really won't etc etc... Ya'll catch my drift? If you say you're going to help and don't, then don't say anything at all. If you're going to say you will help, then step up to the plate and help, nuff said. Flame me if you want bc idgaf, im trying to help the server and sacrificed my guild's ONLY two raid nights to put this together, I could have just as easily said sure I'll do it and do nothing at all. Im done with my soap box now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/15/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Balithfrigg
From the backwaters of uldaman born and raised, in the moonwells I spent most of my days, killing hogs, maxing, and doing the best that I could and all shooting some idiot with a moonfire when i could."

When a couple of horde, who were up to no good, started making trouble in our battle group. Got in one little duel and my GM got scared, she said "you're moving with your Pally and Priest to Stormwind"

I'm not digging "stormwind", but can't think of anything else lol. And thank you Balithfrigg, I've had this song in my head since I read your post!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You're so welcome! That was pretty awesome, won't lie!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Merge or die, 2 many chiefs, not enuf Injuns.

gl
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
02/16/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Mcfergus
Merge or die, 2 many chiefs, not enuf Injuns.

He's honestly right, far and i mean far, too many guilds have a solid 5-7 raiders who can and are willing to raid and cannot fill for most raid nights. At this point guilds have to die .... so that raiding can live. For those teams and guilds that are in this situation I very much hope you see that loyalty to your guild tag at this point (especially if you WANT to raid) is not compatible with the situation. If you are stuck with less than 8 raiders every raid night, you need to talk to a raiding guild in the same situation you are and start seriously talking about a merger because that is the ONLY way you will get to raid and experience the content.

Look at it this way, raiding for progression (for this tier if you are in the situation described above) at this late stage is redundant. Use the next 2-3 weeks until next tier to talk about some potential mergers, run 10 Man JOINT MSV's to test viability and compatibility.

I cannot speak for the other top alliance guilds but Audacity, although we are stable and pushing our progression, will do our best to help out where we can because we want this server to be successful again. However we cannot, and will not, carry people to kills because that solves nothing. We need to get people interested in raiding, start asking people who normally dont raid to try it and teach them the basics. The recruitment issue we all face is a result of a lack of interest in raiding not from small population. Getting people into raiding again and giving people who wouldnt normally get an opportunity to raid a chance to do so could spark many players to take up raiding and filling the spots on our various teams.

Either way as Adrac said, everyone is talking a good game but no one is trying to change anything. And as Ive said if people are unwilling to abandon their guild tag in order to raid and raid successfully, then this is all for not.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I meant not to offend anyone Van - tho was confused why you were spamming trade bout an 8 bags hosted 25m run str8 after meeting & until raid raid day...

I must have misunderstood, I thought the Fri/Sat run was to see what level of raiders the represented guilds could offer keeping in mind that 1 or 2 of the more progressed guilds had much more to lose by retarding that progress due to raiders with only avge skills....

.. even those who are committed & skilled raiders will still have a steep learning curve compred to these guilds ie Audacity/Airbourne etc and sending only our best was meant to reflect the requirement of "hard core" raiders for that grp..

.. and I thort we had agreed to a 2nd 25m for raiders who prefer to be/are more casual raiders due to either skill, experience or attendance... with considerably lowered expectations of raid behaviours & progress...so that most everyone gets a run again in response to Flash's comments players pay to raid and no one wants to lose or any guildys because they dont get selected....was this not the case ?

kudos for putting ur hand up to send invs to GMs Van , seriously & ofc sry my tarded letters make it difficullt for ya but but Im always in GM chann to assist with that...Personally I use add-on "Prat 3.0" that allows me to copy/paste in game... (comes in very handy for GM's/officers lol)

...if Ive misunderstood how we meant to proceed I apologise... but again.. no offence intended... just trying to make sure we're ALL on the same page..

cheers

Ðoom

I
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Its all good guys, nobody has offended me by any means, Ive got thick skin and a thick skull. The whole reason is to get more of our guild leadership involved instead of just talking. The reason that I did this 25m over the weekend is 1. pug people nobody knew whether it's from a more progressed guild or a trade chat hero, and 2. have fun... that is the only thing i absolutely require from any raider in any of my raids is to have fun. there are several definitions of fun from people, like clearing content, 1 shotting bosses etc... so as you can imagine, making sure everyone has fun is quite difficult. I do try and make it happen though.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Priest
Its all good guys, nobody has offended me by any means, Ive got thick skin and a thick skull. .
^ Ain't that the truth :)
Edited by Risin on 2/16/2013 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Go for it Aly! Your recruiting posts are amazing :-)

Apparently I don't know how to copy correctly...this was in response to your offer of recruiting lol
Edited by Destani on 2/17/2013 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm a little late to this party, but I have been talking to some of the other GM's about this issue.

My info is Destani#1289 and our raid times are Tues/Thurs/Fri 8:30 - 11:30 server. Most of us have several raid ready alts too, so don't hesitate to hit us up if you need spots filled.
Edited by Destani on 2/17/2013 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]