Offer Active Players Free Transfers off Maiev

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
When we say it is dead here, or that it is a low population server, we mean it. Not just because there are small number of unique accounts but the fact that there are small number of people even playing anymore (most including myself have multiple accounts on this server, so when you say there are 20 people here its more like 12). I don't blame those for leaving, it has been dying for a long time, but recently, its gotten worse. If I didn't care so much about my guildies, I would have stopped playing as well or at least transferred my main off Maiev.

So many people from Maiev over the past year alone have transferred off or stopped playing entirely. Which practically eliminates any social aspect (aside from blizzard redoing some social aspects for Cata & MoP, in turn ruining something that was already working), I have interacted with more people on other realms than anything lately, but that however does not help Maiev or our guild.

The sole reason for people leaving though is that Maiev isn't what it used to be. It sucks now.

It is supposed to be a PvP server which no longer has any pvpers, something I always have enjoyed most, the majority of the ones still here "pvping" are just awful and well doesn't allow for any good players to really progress. When I say there are ones still here pvping I mean like 5 people on Horde and 8 on Alliance and usually only 2 hours out of the entire day, again when My guildies get on there is very few others online as well on the server.

Maiev should not be listed as a pvp server, I feel it is false advertisement. Not to mention the fact that there is fun to be had, which is completely false when it comes to this server, aside from certain stand-out individuals in my mind, there is no fun (that also has something to do with the fact that all there is to do is dailies).

Why does blizzard care so little about their small servers and small guilds?

THAT being another thing. I run a small guild, which is hard enough to maintain it to be small and active and actually get to know everyone to make sure they are a good fit, but when the server is small and DEAD, it is impossible to recruit, being I also never recruit players already in guilds (Any active players are currently in guilds). When any of our members that have stopped playing or transferred off can't be replaced because there is NO ONE to replace them with, and I do mean No One, it is time for Blizzard to fix it.

So why is a company that makes nearly 1 billion a year acting as though they are so hard up for money, refusing to help the little guys or girls in my case? Theories being that if you offer such things it means you are going downhill, which any current or former player knows will eventually happen anyways, but that does not stop us from playing. What stops us from playing is when the company (BLIZZARD) refuses to help current players and actually solve their problems, rather they aim EVERYTHING toward NEW players or OLD players (2 years+ inactive). Why are you not listening to ALL demands of your Current players???

We want ACTION, not hearsay of merging servers, or the company going down. Clearly if we are speaking out wanting a change, we also are wanting to stick around. I know Maiev is not the only low population server but I have created characters on low population servers that are FAR more active than ours which is as of right now a medium population server. Not sure where or how they calculate their numbers but just create a character and see that there is nothing to fix here.

Get rid of Maiev and other extremely low population servers. Offer free transfers to specific servers and once those servers are populated and activity has grown. Then at least we can all have fun again and actually be able to DO some of the current content as a guild not wait around in queues for LFR or LFG with people we don't know let alone like, because let's be honest its quite difficult to get a random group of people who are nice and know what the hell they are doing. As I said before, its nearly impossible to recruit to get a good player to join a guild and even more impossible to recruit people to do raids or rated bgs when they already have a guild they raid with and don't pvp or suck at it.

If you absolutely cannot do free transfers off this horribly dead server for everyone than at least do a discounted transfers for people who have all their toons here or an entire guild they want to move with all the members. There has to be something!

As Always Many Licks from Dea
/lick
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree with some of your points, but you're just wasting your time. This entire post is pointless as little as they care about their small servers and small guilds they care about your opinion even less.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I agree, I know how frustrating it is to have a dead server when you're a high level (or really any level). I think Blizzard should at LEAST offer a discount for max level players willing to transfer from a very low populated server. Even a little bit could help.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Hey guys stop crying, we have the cross realm zone now hahahahahahaha

^sarcasm
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Firstly, I'm sorry you feel this way about the server. Sadly most of what you say is true. The main thing is to stick with what few friends you may have and try to make the best of it. As far as I see the only downside to this low pop is the terrible AH. But then again none of us raid. If it's PVP you are looking for then look no further because War Horse is welcoming new members.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If it makes you feel better I left Maiev and I am on a good server with active players and I still play alone because they are all awkward and I have no friends. :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/09/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Dea
The sole reason for people leaving though is that Maiev isn't what it used to be. It sucks now.

Well, you know, maybe if you wouldn't go around licking people all the time.........

And, yes, my horde knows you very well; as you are on her ignore list. Perve.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So why is a company that makes nearly 1 billion a year acting as though they are so hard up for money

Because Blizzard is a BUSINESS. And, that is what businesses are suppossed to do - MAKE MONEY.

low population servers that are FAR more active than ours
Not Blizzard's fault. This has everything to do with the players on this server, or on any other server for that matter. Blizzard can't make people get online and play. I seriously think it's just 'you'. As when I'm online, I see MORE THAN ENOUGH people playing (whether it be alliance or horde).

Get rid of Maiev and other extremely low population servers.

No. Just because you and your very horribly-demanding attitude wants this, doesn't mean everyone else does. I happen to like it here JUST FINE. Been here 3+yrs and will always - ALWAYS want to REMAIN right here.

There has to be something!

There is: it's called either paying a $25 transfer fee OR re-rolling on another realm.

Those will always be your only 2 options. Either deal with it, or just stop playing. Either one is fine by me.

*Wow, a company that makes money. Go figure..
Edited by ßöòtßóöt on 1/15/2013 2:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm surprised they have not opened free transfers from a higher pop realm to try and fill out Maiev, even if just for a little bit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Most of my toons have xfered to Emerald Dream, I cant even begin to describe the positive change that brought, for those looking for both active pvp and pve look no further. However for the 5 ally toons and 1 horde toon left on maiev the population drop that sever suffered after the release of mop was insane, for the record the horde is more active than the alliance, but not by much. I spent several years on maiev and it was always a decent mid sized server until the end of cata when things started to decline, but now? wow, i think ursin has more players. People claim that is what the dungeon tool is for and cross realm servers and so on and so forth but this isnt enough to fix things for these extremely low pop servers. dungeon finder is great, so long as you have 2 hours to spend in q and as far as cross realm zones go, im not sure there is much going on in the battlegroup, i mean this server is DEAD. I really wish blizz would consider merging these servers, they would have less to maintain and people would get the experience they are after without having to constantly pay to realm jump.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Bootboot has the right idea here. I agree with you 100%. There is still fun to be had here. If you are looking hit up War Horse. We are always engaged in some sort of pvp. Whether it is wpvp, bgs, arenas, or rbgs. There are still a few good people on Maiev :)
Reply Quote
87 Human Priest
The server is what you make it. My home server is Maelstrom, which shares cross-realm with Emerald Dream (a realm a lot of people keep bringing up). And it's really not all that different/better. Think about the California Gold Rush if you will.
I've played on big servers before like Tich, Mal'Ganis, and Warsong. Just because there's a lot of people on a server, doesn't mean they're going to interact with you.
I'm transferring over to Maiev to play with a small group of chill bros, and that's a far better gaming experience than playing alone on a high pop server looking for arena partners. Similar to what Razzberry said.
Keep your friends close, and make the server what you want it to be.

Home is where the hearthstone is.
Edited by Superunsanq on 1/19/2013 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The server is what you make it. Home is where the hearthstone is.

Forever ♥ ♥ Maiev ♥ ♥
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Razzberry! Long time no see.

I'm seriously considering moving this guy to Darkspear where my other main is. The main reason is the economy. My auctions sell within hours if not minutes over there and I can wait days to shift anything on Maiev. I like making money on my toons! I just feel like this character would thrive much better in a better economy. Also pretty much all my friends left Maiev when my guild (Portal) transferred. SW is a ghost town here compared to Darkspear and forget about world pvp. I can go all day and never see another toon in the world.

I love this toon too much to just let him languish here so I'm getting ready to bite the $25 bullet.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Priest
Maiev should not be listed as a pvp server, I feel it is false advertisement.

I agree with this 100% and I have only been here a few hours. I transferred my 86 priest so I can play with some of my friends here and I've already been helped by the opposite faction twice while killing a rare. Coming from another PvP server, I was prepared to fight for my life and the kill. Holy moly this is strange
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So why didn't you turn on them and teach them why they shouldn't help the opposite faction?
If you don't, aren't you being part of the problem?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Only horde are gay enought to help alliance kill rare or anything on this server. They are so scare of us lawl , its funny as !@#$ !
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
In all honesty, the only problem I have with our insanely low realm pop is the complete lack of a player-driven economy. If Blizzard could just merge AHs between a few low pop servers, I think a lot of people would quit complaining about how dead our server is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This server has been dead since Get Well Soon left in BC. The straw that broke the Camel's back was Pandemic leaving and whatever happened to PWA.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Good thing for the virtual realm merges.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]