hand of freedom and emancipation

90 Night Elf Hunter
just exactly what do these do? I play holy and ret but when I hit freedom it doesnt stop fears, stuns, disorients or anything I can tell and as ret everytine Im any of the above my emancipate fuzzs out just like all of my other ablities. the only thing I have is my trinket, used and im done with 500 more fears coming my way. I ususally just stand there have spasms while some warrior fears, stuns, stuns, fears me till im dead
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What do the tooltips say?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh boy, don't get me started about freedom. It really irks me that it works so poorly. There are many things that I think freedom should do, but it is gimped badly.

I think it should be able to break a stun, and it should protect against death grip.

Currently you can cast freedom while you are stunned, but it won't break the stun. By the time the stun wears off, you freedom effect is ending. I kick myself every time I misread a stun as a snare. I pop freedom thinking I will move, but I don't. I just sit there stunned, and watch one of my big CDs get wasted. I guess I could cast on a teammate while I am stunned, but It doesn't make sense in most situations. If I am actively being cc'd, I'm probably going to need that freedom for myself, which makes the fact that I've wasted it in a stun all that more costly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
CC (crowd control) abilities in WoW are separated into distinct categories, characterized by two primary categories: loss of control and movement-impairment.

Loss of control effects are those which prevent you from acting: stuns, fears, incapacitates, polymorphs, cyclones.

Movement-impairing effects are those that hinder your movement: snares (reduced speed) and roots (cannot move, but can otherwise act).

Hand of Freedom and Emancipate only remove movement-impairing effects. Thus, they won't remove stuns, fears, incapacitates, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/10/2013 07:34 AMPosted by Tenacius
I think it should be able to break a stun, and it should protect against death grip.

HoF would be extremely OP especially if talented with clemency.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Emancipate is useless while silienced and if the silience is combined with a snare it usually results in death from ranged kite. How are you supposed to generate HoPo while silenced from ranged or silience + deflection ? I guess this is when 1 should hardcast FoL for uber 30k's if the pet allows me too.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Freedom while feared is usually worse because you are feared further away w/o a snare on ya
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
CC (crowd control) abilities in WoW are separated into distinct categories, characterized by two primary categories: loss of control and movement-impairment.

Loss of control effects are those which prevent you from acting: stuns, fears, incapacitates, polymorphs, cyclones.

Movement-impairing effects are those that hinder your movement: snares (reduced speed) and roots (cannot move, but can otherwise act).

Hand of Freedom and Emancipate only remove movement-impairing effects. Thus, they won't remove stuns, fears, incapacitates, etc.

thank you I understand now do you have any advice?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/10/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Aglaea

HoF would be extremely OP especially if talented with clemency.

Doesnt Blink breaks stuns? Its basically half of HoF cd as well, Clemency can have something like Double Time from Warriors, where the charge will only generate Rage at every 12s (in this case, HoF will only break stuns at every 25s).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The choice between hand of freedom and emancipate, if I'm understanding your question, is HoF is used with repeated slows, like a glyphed death and decay that slows you while you are in it's aoe, versus just a one time root. The choice between the two is basically, hand of freedom when in situations you find yourself spamming emancipate just to move, or being spammed with movement impairing effects.
Edited by Cynthiapain on 1/12/2013 6:09 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]