PTR and eternal flame change

90 Tauren Paladin
I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to play around with eternal flame on the PTR yet. From what I read on here (and I try to take this forum with a grain of salt) and what people in game talk about, it seems that most think this change was in place to benefit ret's need of extra survivability...

What I'm wondering though is I haven't heard anyone say anything about using this as holy spec. With the boost to self cast, wouldn't this make holy pallies much harder to kill for non dispel classes or is it less effective than sacred shield?

I'm just curious because I really haven't seen much talk about using it for holy since so many people have been clamoring about ret lately.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Halfcalf
it seems that most think this change was in place to benefit ret's need of extra survivability...

I don't think it was geared toward retribution. I think it was geared toward protection, and making it a more viable alternative to self casting sacred shield. (however, last I heard EF tics reset the casters swing timer. I don't know if this has been fixed)
Edited by Yarko on 1/11/2013 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
What exactly are the changes? I haven't looked into the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
increases the effectiveness when cast on yourself by 100% for the tics I believe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
with 3 holy power and battle fatigue it heals for like 4-5k not worth it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/10/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Halfcalf
it seems that most think this change was in place to benefit ret's need of extra survivability.

Probably, SH is still almost as good/better, even when self cast; and waaay better for off healing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I personally use EF currently in my PvP holy spec. While the HoT itself isn't extremely significant (around 8-10k ticks), it adds up with time. I can only imagine how good that will be for self-sustainability whenever it's healing 16k-20k ticks.

There are a few reasons I like EF over the other abilities. The first being the fact that it allows me to continue to gradually heal people over time. If I can get -any- healing without using mana then I don't see that as a bad thing. Selfless Healer seems too tempting of a talent to burn mana, and Sacred Shield is an ability that you have to babysit and make sure it stays up.

Another advantage comes from our Mastery. The shield that we get from Illuminated healing requires a heal every 14 seconds, which the HoT from EF very happily sustains. This means that either myself or an FC can essentially have 120k more health with very little mana cost/upkeep.

I can't speak for the rest of the community, but I must say that I'm personally excited and curious about the change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]