5.4 WW PvE Guide: Dance of the White Tiger

90 Pandaren Monk
Would someone please take a look at my monk and tell me if I'm doing something incredibly wrong that I'm apparently oblivious too? I'm following the recommended priority system and my dps is still low, I'm lucky to keep 75k during a fight. Could my problem be lack of experience on the monk because I hit 90 almost two weeks ago?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Would someone please take a look at my monk and tell me if I'm doing something incredibly wrong that I'm apparently oblivious too? I'm following the recommended priority system and my dps is still low, I'm lucky to keep 75k during a fight. Could my problem be lack of experience on the monk because I hit 90 almost two weeks ago?
just at a glance, you should be using agility gems, not pure crit, if you wan't to hit socket bonuses that's fine, but do it with hybrids at your gear level (same goes for all those hit/crit gems)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I've got question about how I should be using chi. I've been spending chi as soon as I get enough to use the next ability in the priority (except with FoF where I try to get 4-5 chi up to make sure I don't energy cap) so my opener is usually Jab>TP>Jab>RSK. Is this a good way to do it or should I be trying to get to 4-5 chi before starting my priority (Jab>Jab>TP>RSK)? Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Main goal is to prevent energy capping, so if you can jab -> TP and not energy cap, that's perfectly acceptable.
Edited by Endangered on 5/14/2013 10:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I have heard Crit is better than Mast with out RoRO and the 4 piece, but should I ignore Mastery, letting it be wherever it winds up naturally, or shoot to keep the two kind of even?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
ignore it, it's a nice stat, but crit just works out to be stronger
Reply Quote
I'm a bit confused right now when it comes to reforging and gemming. The current trend seems to be going for crit>mastery>haste, but is that only if you have RoRo?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm a bit confused right now when it comes to reforging and gemming. The current trend seems to be going for crit>mastery>haste, but is that only if you have RoRo?

that's for if you do not have a rune, but haste needs to be at 6-7k before you really value mastery over it
Reply Quote
that's for if you do not have a rune, but haste needs to be at 6-7k before you really value mastery over it

Ah, I see...so if one does not have RoRo, then Crit>Mastery>Haste (if your haste is at 6-7k). If not, Crit>Haste>Mastery?

And then I imagine with RoRo, Mastery>Crit>Haste.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ah, I see...so if one does not have RoRo, then Crit>Mastery>Haste (if your haste is at 6-7k). If not, Crit>Haste>Mastery?

If not Haste (6-7k, it's up to you to find your comfort zone) >Crit >Mastery > Haste

And then I imagine with RoRo, Mastery>Crit>Haste.

mastery just has to be 1 point above crit and haste, and that's the most ideal set up for it

this is calculated pre-raid buffs btw
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Why'd you leave HIJ?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why'd you leave HIJ?

We dropped a raid day because people were burning out and leaving (surprisingly enough the people that were leaving for guilds with less raid days still left), then we killed Animus and it was decided we wouldn't kill Lei Shen anytime soon, so we were going to drop a raid day and take it easy. Friend in Dread has been bugging me to come over since early last tier, and the dropping down to 3 days, along with no one seeming to even want to try on Lei Shen.

So here I am
Edited by Refrigerator on 5/16/2013 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Can someone look over my stats/gems/enchants? Just curious if I have everything perfect.

No problems with dps really, just looking to min/max.

With that said, would switching to panda from nelf be any notable dps increase?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
those 2 adept gems need to go away, even replacing them with pure mastery ones would be better

swapping to panda would be a dps increase, but not a large one, racial benefits can be completely negated by poor play.
Reply Quote
Edit: Whole different questions.

Refrigerator, I have some questions about AoE.

Storm, Earth, and Fire - I noticed you didn't mention it, but that's probably because it is very straightforward.

On 2 to 3 targets, use SEaF with a single target rotation, on 4+ targets use the standard AoE rotation you listed?

Or did I get it wrong and am I missing something.
Edited by Broldir on 5/24/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
On 2 to 3 targets, use SEaF with a single target rotation, on 4+ targets use the standard AoE rotation you listed?

Yes, that's correct, however it's not worth SEFing if the target will be dieing very quickly, and you need to reapply tiger palm after popping out a clone so that he gets the Armor penetration buff.

Edit: Whole different questions.

Yes I am Endangered, I moved to Korgath and someone has the name sitting on a druid that they apparently play enough that Gm's won't free the name up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
About the heroic scenario weapons, should I be up-levelling them with the upgrading guy?

I just got 1 piece after upgrading my lfr weapon, not sure if the loss of socket bonus+socket+prismatic is worth it, but my gut feeling tells me the weapon damage makes up for it... Any thoughts?

I don't see myself doing any normal raids in the near future as my guild's raid group just dissolved, so yeah. Even so, I like to push my dps just for the sake of it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
yeah it's probably worth upgrading
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If you have a Rune, I'd suggest using my app Zephyrus to find the best possible 1:1:1 reforging. Zephyrus takes into account profession bonuses and racial benefits, and can optimize your reforges, gems, and enchants. It is exhaustive, so it finds you the best answer on the first try, and often, it can find it within a few seconds. It can even minimize the number of gem/enchant changes required. Once it has found an answer, you can easily compute the differences relative to your armory and export the reforgings to Reforgerade.

Screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/zephyrus_screenshots/Zephyrus13.png

You can find more information here:
http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Can someone check out my monk and critique anything I may be doing wrong. World of logs if anyone is interested http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dyh39tmnt4mpqnz8/details/3/?s=3857&e=4103
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]