5.4 WW PvE Guide: Dance of the White Tiger

90 Pandaren Monk
Kk thanks.. But the 516 staff is better than the lfr 502 staff right?

I'll just wait til I get another 1h from lfr to dw
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/09/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Beaau
Kk thanks.. But the 516 staff is better than the lfr 502 staff right?

yeah
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
So i had RoRo drop yesterday on LFR.... I did some prelimanary possible reforges on paper and if i reforge into Mast, redo almost every gem i have i could get the 1:1:1 ratio at best around the 6.5k mark, maybe more but not sure yet. If i did this i would loose like 2k agility a lot of crit and even some haste. Is it still worth it at that point?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
yes its still worth it
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am currently using a Jalak's Maelstrom Staff that is thunder forged from normal and upgraded 2/2. I feel my dps is not where it should be.

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/emx5jn90odifu04b/rankinfo/
Toon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Nevaduck/advanced

Note: I have re-rolled as our ten man teams dps/3rd healer role from my Guardian tank (3/13H and are rebuilding our ranks). So I am still new to the dps role on my monk. I feel I am pulling ok numbers for my ilvl and experience but I am missing some of the understanding as far as gear, Tiger brew usage, ect... I have read everything I can get my hands on and I know the more comfy I get playing this toon the better my dps, but I as always want more and faster results. So I would appreciate any help you could toss in my direction.

Thank you.
Edited by Nevaduck on 6/19/2013 7:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'll look through logs and junk when I get home

however looking at your armory, I see you do not have a Rune of Re-Origination, yet you are gemming for secondaries (and aiming for a ridiculous amount of haste to boot). You can basically swap all those yellow gems to orange or pure reds, don't gem for set bonuses like 60 crit. the only piece that it's worth meeting the set bonus involving a blue gem is the pants, all the other blue gems you're using should go the way of the dodo (and the gem in your pants should go to agi/hit).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thanks for the info gonna start working on my gear. I know my druid to the point where if something does not feel right I can change it without even having to research it.

I have felt like my dps should be higher but I did not want to spend a ton of Gold testing things out. (in less than two lock outs I have gone from 435 ilvl to my current ilvl and I feel my learning curve has suffered for it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
So, I've started playing my WW monk again, I dont have RoR yet :(. Is it a dps increase to use FSK on single target? I would think so, since it does double the damage of Jab. Mainly I use it when I have nothing else to do (3 times in a 7 minute fight) or if the target goes flying off (Suen). Trinkets wise I have LFR Talisman, Normal Terror, Relic, and normal Bottle. Which two should I use? Currently 2H because LFR hates me. On Final Phase of Twins, where both bosses are active, is it a dps increase to use Storm, Earth, and Fire?
Edited by Roakun on 6/22/2013 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
^ This is my monk
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
On Final Phase of Twins, where both bosses are active, is it a dps increase to use Storm, Earth, and Fire?

yes, but it's kinda scumbaggy, also depends on how low you get lulin/sulin before P3

So, I've started playing my WW monk again, I dont have RoR yet :(. Is it a dps increase to use FSK on single target? I would think so, since it does double the damage of Jab.
Not really, since it doesn't generate Chi, really only gets used as a gap closer (should be prioritized over roll)

06/22/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Roakun
LFR Talisman, Normal Terror, Relic, and normal Bottle.

bottle and talisman
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Is it worth setting up for the RoR with My Thunder forged 2h or should I wait for two 1H weapons?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
yes, RoR doesn't rely on weapon type
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
06/22/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Refrigerator
On Final Phase of Twins, where both bosses are active, is it a dps increase to use Storm, Earth, and Fire?

yes, but it's kinda scumbaggy, also depends on how low you get lulin/sulin before P3

Gotta be careful, if you SEF during tidal force you're just throwing DPS away.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
oh I guess she still does Tidal force in P3 eh?
Reply Quote
73 Human Monk
Leveling a Monk and taking it slow.. I didn't see anywhere in this guide about the best professions.

Herbalism for haste?

Skinning and leatherworking for crit and agil?
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Fridge is too busy playing brewmaster to answer windwalker questions.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Leveling a Monk and taking it slow.. I didn't see anywhere in this guide about the best professions.

Herbalism for haste?

Skinning and leatherworking for crit and agil?

As of 5.4, could be. I'd go Engineering and something else as secondary.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Maybe I should convert this to a Brewmaster guide :<
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
^^

Guild brought in someone's alt monk for Tortos progression to kite bats because I declined. Not going down that route. As soon as you volunteer to tank, you become that red headed off tank. Aint my bag, baby.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
lol yeah I got pushed into it on stone guards soooooo

worst part was it was me or a guardian druid that stacked stam...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]