90 Pandaren Monk
huh?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
well if the extra targets don't need to die, then no

:|
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hearing that we should be going for Mastery in 5.2 now. There any merit to that or is Haste still king?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
OP, on your original post, you recommended using tigers eye brew at 8 stacks, were you taking into account that as of 5.2, tiger eye brew stacks to 20, so waiting for it to hit 10 won't cost you any stacks since any stacks that would be generated then would continue to build, you just can only consume 10 stacks at once.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
In PVE does Storm, Earth, and Fire also stun/interupt their targets?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In PVE does Storm, Earth, and Fire also stun/interupt their targets?

do not think so

Hearing that we should be going for Mastery in 5.2 now. There any merit to that or is Haste still king?

Stat weights are pretty basic for Windwalkers.
Dual Wield using Fists of Fury
Agi>Hit/Exp cap > Haste (5-7k depending on your comfort zone) > Mastery > Haste > Crit

OP, on your original post, you recommended using tigers eye brew at 8 stacks, were you taking into account that as of 5.2, tiger eye brew stacks to 20, so waiting for it to hit 10 won't cost you any stacks since any stacks that would be generated then would continue to build, you just can only consume 10 stacks at once.

yes, doesn't change the fact that you want as much up time as possible from the buff. Pooling past 10 stacks is really only worthwhile if you're about to have a burst situation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Noxxic says the stat priority is: Agility > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Crit > Mastery > Haste

this true?

and is this thread up to date as of the 10% dmg reduction on our stance?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

considering that the stance nerf didn't actually change anything, yes

Noxxic says the stat priority is: Agility > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Crit > Mastery > Haste

this true?

noxxic is wrong
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
considering that the stance nerf didn't actually change anything, yes

but you need to say the sky is falling :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
HC

this true?

Once I verify that there aren't anymore TEB bugs in SimC, i'll send an email to noxxic to update their pages.
Reply Quote
I didn't see this anywhere, but you need to add T30 talents into DPS rotation priority. I'm assuming they're behind TP and RSK but above everything else.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Make sure chi wave only hits once.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I didn't see this anywhere, but you need to add T30 talents into DPS rotation priority. I'm assuming they're behind TP and RSK but above everything else.

I'll be revamping it a bit, I have it mentioned in the talent section, but that's about it

k I lied, I'll try and get to it later today
Edited by Endangered on 3/12/2013 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Alright so been reading a ton and seeing a ton of different things that I'd love to have cleared up. Keep in mind this for someone who is gearing T15 regular, not someone in heroic T15 anytime too soon.

Trinkets - Is new valor trinket good to go for? I hear rune is pretty good as well.

^Until you get the rune trinket and 4 pc T15, crit > mastery?

(What would be the ideal 2 trinkets to pair for regular T15?)

Also, how much haste is ideal now? And power strikes or ascension?

I've also seen people suggest waiting to use TEB only when trinkets proc or when different dmg buffs go up (boss takes extra dmg, bloodlust, etc.) Meaning we should let it stack above 10 before using?

Last question, how often should we use chi wave? Or is it still bugged I guess?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Trinkets - Is new valor trinket good to go for? I hear rune is pretty good as well.

^Until you get the rune trinket and 4 pc T15, crit > mastery?

the new valour trinket is stronger than the Hawkmasters talon you are currently using

if you get a rune, it will push you into stacking the hell out of mastery, and trying to bank 10 stacks to ensure that you can use said ten stacks with a rune proc, Crit and Mastery values will change depending on gear levels (I think simcraft is working as intended now, so sim it!

(What would be the ideal 2 trinkets to pair for regular T15?)

I'd run with Bad juju and Talisman of Bloodlust, Origination is strong if you can consistently get mastery above haste without sacrificing haste to be able to consistently generate chi.

Also, how much haste is ideal now? And power strikes or ascension?
Between 5 and 7000, depending on your comfort zone
Ascension

I've also seen people suggest waiting to use TEB only when trinkets proc or when different dmg buffs go up (boss takes extra dmg, bloodlust, etc.) Meaning we should let it stack above 10 before using?
This is a discretionary thing, I would not try and time a full ten stack with my Terror in the mists proccing, however I probably would try and pool a bit to line up with that hawkmaster talon or the troll racial, definitely have ten stacks going into bloodlust if you can.

Last question, how often should we use chi wave? Or is it still bugged I guess?
When you have available GCD's to use it, I would only prioritize it over say a combo breaker tiger palm, if your TP uptime is still high and you have nothing else available to you.
Edited by Endangered on 3/12/2013 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Between 5 and 7000, depending on your comfort zone

ive seen this said alot "comfort zone", I mean really what does that mean, like how good I am at managing having no down time or?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/12/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Sharksan
like how good I am at managing having no down time

yeah pretty much, what level of energy regen can you handle playing with?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Are you testing/doing math on the new ability, storm earth and fire, or are we supposed to ignore it pretty much.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
not much to test, you use it when there's more than 1 target that needs to be DPS'd
If there's 2, you put it on 1 and attack the other
if there's 3, you put one each on the ones you're not attacking

why to people find that ability so confusing :<
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Another question, if you have a storm earth fire copy on an add like 20 yds away and you are attacking a mob surrounded by a bunch of little adds, should you avoid spining crane kick?

Or should you delete the copy briefly and aoe the adds down near you?
Edited by Sharksan on 3/13/2013 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]