Character Limit Per Server & Account

90 Tauren Death Knight
I am sorry to bother everyone, my question is regarding the Limit for your characters. I looked on other forums and they keep saying 10 per server but since the new Xpack its now 11 providing you have it. My question is, how many Characters can you have per Server and on the account. Is it still 10 Characters per server but 50 maximum on the account?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
11 per realm with a hard cap of 50 still as far as I'm aware.
Reply Quote
25 Tauren Druid
i don't have the expansion and my cap per server is 11. so you don't need the panda expansion for it to be 11
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Shaman
I'm totally confused at Blizzards thinking on this subject.

Previously with an account cap of 50 and the allowance of 10 characters per server it worked out for alt-o-holics to be 1 of each class on 5 servers equaling your 50 account character limit. (10 classes - 10 slots per server - 5 servers = 50 account limit)

They add a new class and see the need to allow people to now have 11 characters per server, but they don't add 5 spots to our account maximum to equal out the math?

They should add 5 more slots per account to up the maximum character limit to 55 for all of us alt-o-holics so we can have one of each class on those 5 servers. (11 classes - 11 slots per server - 5 servers = 55 account limit)
Reply Quote
My question is why have a limit per server? I can only play one at a time so what does it hurt to have a lot of different char on the same server. I can see why then wont let you mail items to another server I just don't understand why I could not have my 50 limit on the same server.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
89191892740:
My question is why have a limit per server? I can only play one at a time so what does it hurt to have a lot of different char on the same server. I can see why then wont let you mail items to another server I just don't understand why I could not have my 50 limit on the same server.

I believe that was one of the options on the table originally. But they couldn't make it work.
Reply Quote

Gold farmers. They ruin it for everyone :*(
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Warrior
They should raise the number of characters per realm to 13 at least. Then you could have one of each race all on one realm :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/10/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Sarvon
They should raise the number of characters per realm to 13 at least. Then you could have one of each race all on one realm :)

I couldn't agree more. At least let us try out one of each race without having to have them spread out over each server. Especially when each race has different starting quests etc. Blizzard really need to do more to encourage the playing of alts, similar to SWTOR. Like many people, I like playing different alts so I'm not missing out on different parts of the story and play experience.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Why necro,a 5 month old thread?
Reply Quote
25 Worgen Rogue
06/21/2014 06:32 AMPosted by Frost
Why necro,a 5 month old thread?

Because it's still relevant
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Looks like there's a way around the limit now for some people at least. People who are on a realm that is connecting with another realm will be able to make characters on both realms. Since all will be able to be in the same guilds, share mail etc, it will effectively be the same as having 22 characters on the one realm. This of course only helps people who are in connected realms cut I guess in a way it indicates that continuing to limit characters to 11 on a realm is kinda pointless.
Reply Quote
31 Pandaren Monk
06/30/2014 04:32 AMPosted by Bexine

If a question is not asked after 6 months, the answer is as relevant as a fart in the wind.
Reply Quote
12/10/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Sarvon

GREAT idea !
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I really don't understand the problem here.

Seriously, why in the world would you need/want more than 50 freakin' characters?

If you played a different character every day, it would take you almost two months to cycle through all your characters.

If you played 8 hours a day and played each character for 1 hour/day, it would still take you almost a week to play them all.

If you focus on 1-3 characters, what's the point of the other 47-49 just sitting there collecting dust?

Honest question: how many people does the 50 character/account limit really affect? I would guess not too many.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
05/28/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Rvr

I realize this is an old thread but the topic was discussed HEAVILY pre-BC when the new races were introduced. If memory serves correctly, the reason for the limit at that time was basic memory on the servers in California. I don't know if that is still an issue or if technological advances since then have increased to the point where the limit can be increased.

I know this doesn't help much now, but it's kinda what I remember from long ago.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
07/16/2014 08:12 AMPosted by Vaelthormrac
I really don't understand the problem here.

Seriously, why in the world would you need/want more than 50 freakin' characters?

I don't. I would like more than 11 though and I don't want them spread out over different servers. It was easy enough to max out the character limit a few years ago if you wanted to try out all the different classes / races and a lot of people did. Since then new races and new classes have been added but the allowable number of characters remains where it was.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
07/16/2014 07:40 AMPosted by Windfist
06/30/2014 04:32 AMPosted by Bexine

If a question is not asked after 6 months, the answer is as relevant as a fart in the wind.

If the question hasn't been answered in a satisfactory way then it is still relevant.

The fact that you apparently don't care about more characters doesn't make it any less of a concern to other players. If you don't think more characters is good thing then can you tell me exactly why it would be a bad idea? Why it would negatively affect the game for you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]