Skootalloo's Steak Surprise - Healer OT

90 Blood Elf Priest
01/07/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Tiriél
:O we got blade lord to 15% today. What's all y'all's general strat for running tornado alley? Heal up then go or go then heal up at the end?

I cannot run and heal at the same time. I inevitably make friends with a tornado, no matter what I do. So, I park at one end and let the other two healers do the heavy lifting and take care of the healing when the raid comes back to my end. >.>

----

Also, I'm going to have to try this "private tanks" window thing. I honestly never use it (I hate clutter on my screen) and I've just been targeting Tsulong and healing him the old fashioned way. >.>

I'm actually quite good at tornado jumping. i got hit once at the very end when one spawned just behind me but that's it. spamming PWS and using cascade seems to work. debating using halo to get the further out people.
90 Worgen Druid
Also, I'm going to have to try this "private tanks" window thing. I honestly never use it (I hate clutter on my screen) and I've just been targeting Tsulong and healing him the old fashioned way. >.>

Me too. :)

01/07/2013 07:33 AMPosted by Keirisonis
I hear life cocooning him just before you get the sunbreath buff along with sooM>surging>surging>renewing is hella high hps.

Whenever we did it, we had the Prot Paladin and Holy Paladin putting Executioner Sentence after each breath, Resto Shaman putting down healing rain after each breath for the raid damage (it seemed moderately high for my raid group for some reason), Shadow Priest uses Divine Star (did like 8 million healing just from that thing alone), and I just threw all HoTs I could on the thing, including Swiftmend, and ended up doing a crap ton of healing.
01/07/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Malrius

Me too. :)

01/07/2013 07:33 AMPosted by Keirisonis
I hear life cocooning him just before you get the sunbreath buff along with sooM>surging>surging>renewing is hella high hps.

Whenever we did it, we had the Prot Paladin and Holy Paladin putting Executioner Sentence after each breath, Resto Shaman putting down healing rain after each breath for the raid damage (it seemed moderately high for my raid group for some reason), Shadow Priest uses Divine Star (did like 8 million healing just from that thing alone), and I just threw all HoTs I could on the thing, including Swiftmend, and ended up doing a crap ton of healing.

I've only done it on LFR, but I love the fight as a Holy Priest. If you time it right, you can get 60k+ Echo of Light ticks and 100k+ Renew ticks hitting him after the breath is down (though you do lose out on other heals, because if you use single target heals after that, it reduces the Echo of Light HoT and refreshes Renew).
90 Pandaren Shaman
Heroic Garajal down last night, then lots of silly wiping to heroic elegon. Tonight he will die, yay!

:P
100 Tauren Druid
I love doing Tsulong on LFR with a bunch of other resto druids. When the first Sun Breath goes out, a bunch of Trees pop up in front of him.

Chia raid!
90 Worgen Druid
I love doing Tsulong on LFR with a bunch of other resto druids. When the first Sun Breath goes out, a bunch of Trees pop up in front of him.

Chia raid!

LOL!
90 Human Priest
What is this breath healing you speak of...all I know on tsulong are two buttons.

Dispel and mass dispel.

orz
100 Draenei Paladin
Tsulong for me is like this:

Raid Leader: Okay so healers, this is how you do the fight... blah blah... big heals... blah blah... heal the boss... blah blah... BIG HEALS BIG NUMBERS YOU'RE REALLY IMPORTANT... oh yeah Tail and one of the shammies you're on the tanks/raid, just toss a heal on the boss once in a while or something okay

Tail: I am disappoint

Everyone else: LOLOLOLOL

[Elethia] whispers: It's okay, when I get a #1 rank again this week I'll try not to rub it in your face too hard
Tsulong for me is like this:

Raid Leader: Okay so healers, this is how you do the fight... blah blah... big heals... blah blah... heal the boss... blah blah... BIG HEALS BIG NUMBERS YOU'RE REALLY IMPORTANT... oh yeah Tail and one of the shammies you're on the tanks/raid, just toss a heal on the boss once in a while or something okay

Tail: I am disappoint

Everyone else: LOLOLOLOL

[Elethia] whispers: It's okay, when I get a #1 rank again this week I'll try not to rub it in your face too hard

That's what Dreamwalker was for me back in Wrath. I was stuck on raid healing, I never got to heal the boss.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/07/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Tailias

ROFLMAO!
90 Tauren Priest
Have a holy priest put guardian spirit on him.

You have no holy priest? Shame on you!

Guardian Spirit + Serenity Chakra.

Mmmmdatssumguudhealz
90 Blood Elf Priest
Y'all need to read this:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/07/officers-quarters-an-overhealing-intervention/
Y'all need to read this:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/07/officers-quarters-an-overhealing-intervention/

Holy !@#$.. did I write that?

o_O

Well except for the tank healing thing and coming prepared and any other good thing the person actually said.
Edited by Morenn on 1/7/2013 3:31 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
I GOT MAH RELIC OF CHI JI
90 Human Paladin
Y'all need to read this:

I swear this is the reason I'm always bottom heals in LFR, there's almost no point in me trying because the rest of the healers have oomed themselves keeping everyone at 100%, all my heals become over heals and... Yeah :(
Edited by Gracilyn on 1/7/2013 4:34 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Y'all need to read this:

o_O

Well except for the tank healing thing and coming prepared and any other good thing the person actually said.

LOL it made me think of you!
90 Blood Elf Priest
Y'all need to read this:

o_O

Yeah, except it's an unnamed writer talking about a Disc Priest, claiming the guy is sniping all of his heals and then going OOM halfway through, and that the Priest is THE tank healer...does that even happen in 10 mans?
90 Human Priest
01/07/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Keirisonis

Grats!

Not sure how a Disc priest manages to Oom... I suppose there are some fights where it is helpful to have one healer more responsible for the tanks while the 2nd healer deals with a mechanic in 10 mans... but I dunno why you'd have a 'dedicated' tank healer o.O?
90 Gnome Priest

Grats!

Not sure how a Disc priest manages to Oom... I suppose there are some fights where it is helpful to have one healer more responsible for the tanks while the 2nd healer deals with a mechanic in 10 mans... but I dunno why you'd have a 'dedicated' tank healer o.O?

I OoM on Blade Lord. I'm pretty sure that's because I spam the raid with shields as we run down the hall. Also have some "trouble" on Will, but I think that's largely because I get really bored.

EDIT: Also, Penancing the tank prior to a pull makes sense for Disc, especially when they're focusing on Tank healing. Stacks Grace.
Edited by Skootalloo on 1/7/2013 5:12 PM PST
90 Tauren Priest
Pipi is hating on my alli name. D:
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]