Skootalloo's Steak Surprise - Healer OT

I'm having a hard time believing that his healing is so bad that he's getting booted from LFR. When I tried out Disc for a bit in LFR, I kind of fooled around and tried to get my hps as high as I could, and even though I burned my mana fairly quickly, I pulled huge numbers without much of an issue (Spirit Shell is OP). Even burning through my mana, I still lasted at least 75% of the way through the fight, and when I played more seriously, I easily lasted the whole fight. But even with that, I still managed to outlast a few of the other healers while doubling their hps. Yet I've NEVER seen a healer get kicked from LFR because of poor healing, because the content is so easy that the other healers can easily pick up a bad healer's slack. I've done LFR with a whole ton of awful healers and no one ever called them out or kicked them. You'd have to be phenomenally terrible to be kicked from LFR.
90 Pandaren Shaman
A couple things I find weird:

1. Disc assigned solely to tank healing
2. Disc going oom
3. Disc is still topping chart
4. Disc has overhealing (PoH spam for SS or DA?)

This makes me wonder if maybe the letter writer is a crappy healer and the disc is frantically trying to pick up their slack. :P
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/07/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Skootalloo

Grats!

Not sure how a Disc priest manages to Oom... I suppose there are some fights where it is helpful to have one healer more responsible for the tanks while the 2nd healer deals with a mechanic in 10 mans... but I dunno why you'd have a 'dedicated' tank healer o.O?

I OoM on Blade Lord. I'm pretty sure that's because I spam the raid with shields as we run down the hall. Also have some "trouble" on Will, but I think that's largely because I get really bored.

EDIT: Also, Penancing the tank prior to a pull makes sense for Disc, especially when they're focusing on Tank healing. Stacks Grace.

I was down to 100k when tornado phase started cus i was dpsing and refusing to take time away from it to rapture people. Also spamming shields on people with windstep just before the big hit when my spirit shell wasn't up in time ( came off cooldown literally 5 secs before unseen went out, like a person was already targetted so i couldn't SS.)

Dedicated tank healers are actually quite nice for a few fights, although it's less of a strict do it or else in 10 mans. In 25 mans you put a paladin or shaman on the tanks or risk wiping a LOT.

Also, disc can be a good tank healer. :( if they spec right and use lots and lots of haste instead of crit.
90 Blood Elf Priest
So someone from my guild went on the stream? any idea who it was? lol
Elegon is down! I know it's just a normal... but for the guild I am in.. it's a pretty big deal.

Thanks everyone who watched the streams, looked at logs, gave advice, and in general listened to me complain. I love you all! <3
90 Pandaren Monk
Grats Morenn :D
Thanks Iritha!:)
90 Blood Elf Monk
so cute when people post math about anything other than breakpoints.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Elegon is down! I know it's just a normal... but for the guild I am in.. it's a pretty big deal.

Thanks everyone who watched the streams, looked at logs, gave advice, and in general listened to me complain. I love you all! <3

GRATS~!
Thanks Keiri :)
90 Blood Elf Priest
Gratz
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yay Morenn!
90 Blood Elf Priest
I need to be cleansed, OT. I think I may have somehow gotten food poisoning or something. D:
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/07/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Qùess
I need to be cleansed, OT. I think I may have somehow gotten food poisoning or something. D:

What did you eat?!
/use Symbiosis
/use Cleanse

I almost had a panic attack at work today :(
90 Worgen Druid
I ranked 32 on Garalon! (reward for helping out a different guild)
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/07/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Tiriél
What did you eat?!

I can't think of anything other than perhaps the milk I drank was out of date...but it tasted fine. I haven't thrown up this much since I used to drink alcohol, lol.

01/07/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Heartsings
I almost had a panic attack at work today :(

Aww. /hugs. I get panicky all the time. What happened?

and grats, Mal. :3
90 Pandaren Shaman
heroic elegon: harder than it should be. or something. *bangs head against wall*
90 Night Elf Druid
MILKKKKK

http://media.tumblr.com/62a08391e287e8f70419fcb5e8316bc9/tumblr_inline_mgakfjLWxl1qel770.gif
01/07/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Qùess
Aww. /hugs. I get panicky all the time. What happened?

I forgot to take my meds this morning and something triggered me. I don't even know what. On my meds, I just get a little nervous, like normal people; off my meds, it turns into a physical thing that just takes control of me. I'm lucky I had the nice boss there today.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]