druid healing GC tweet.

90 Blood Elf Priest
Since we're talking about percentages of a each individual's total, your math is wrong. Everybody should get 15% of their own grade taken away. The results after the reduction should look like:

A: 79%
B: 76.5%
C: 63%
D, E: Still failing

But you will notice that when you take away 15% of each individual grade, that A drops by 14 points, and C only drops by 11 points. You will also notice that after the grade reduction, the gap goes from 19 percentage points between A and C to 16 percent between A and C.

This means that the top performers lost MORE points in the grade reduction than the lower performers did, and it also means that the gap between the high and low performers actually shrunk.

I forgot to weight the reduction, but you can still tell it's not that great of a solution. It puts the top grades in line for sure, but it still hurts the lower grades unnecessarily. It's as if the teacher found out that the top percentile had stolen a copy of the test, but couldn't prove it, so he just scaled everyone in the whole class's grades down.

This hurts the entire class for certain, but what of the student that just barely passed through hard work and studying? (not saying that any class works harder than another here.)

To those saying that there's not any direct competition in a class, you're semi-right. However, when applied to this situation it becomes the simple fact that if a class can't pull their own weight, then they won't be taken to any sort of organized pvp.

If you had a choice on who to bring to the spelling bee, would you bring someone who underperforms on every single test, or one of the exceptional students who actually know what to do?
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
I'm more interested in establishing that, and I think I did show, the imbalance that exists. By this I mean:

A blanket nerf to all is inherently NOT equal due to the existing differences between class toolkits and throughput.

Demonstrating in a mathematical proof of what this threshold is will be very difficult due to the myriad of variables (class, gear, peels, cc's, damage). But structurally, it would resemble a matrix that represents relative heals and relative damage constrained by health pools and time as measured by GCD's.

Should damage exceed healing (cc's, peels, outs not withstanding) all dps could solo a healer.

Should heals exceed damage ("variables") then no one dies. Blizzard is making it clear that, according their balancing preferences, this outcome will be avoided at all costs. No one wants the return of 30 minute matches, least of all Blizz.

Where classes fall on this line or curve would represent their individual theoretical threshold.

I think druids are suggesting that, unlike other healing classes, they are falling closer to the 'damage exceeds their toolkit' side of the matrix.

Regardless of how much closer healers output may be, if one healer falls under this theoretical threshold, taking toolkits into consideration; that one class is simply no longer viable.

I think druids may have a case.
Edited by Zahriah on 1/8/2013 5:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm more interested in establishing that, and I think I did show, the imbalance that exists. By this I mean:

A blanket nerf to all is inherently NOT equal due to the existing differences between class toolkits and throughput.

Demonstrating in a mathematical proof of what this threshold is will be very difficult due to the myriad of variables (class, gear, peels, cc's, damage). But structurally, it would resemble a matrix that represents relative heals and relative damage constrained by health pools and time as measured by GCD's.

Should damage exceed healing (cc's, peels, outs not withstanding) all dps could solo a healer.

Should heals exceed damage ("variables") then no one dies. Blizzard is making it clear that, according their balancing preferences, this outcome will be avoided at all costs. No one wants the return of 30 minute matches, least of all Blizz.

Where classes fall on this line or curve would represent their individual theoretical threshold.

I think druids are suggesting that, unlike other healing classes, they are falling closer to the 'damage exceeds their toolkit' side of the matrix.

Regardless of how much closer healers output may be, if one healer falls under this theoretical threshold, taking toolkits into consideration; that one class is simply no longer viable.

I think druids may have a case.

This is very well put, and i couldn't agree more. No healer wants to feel useless because their healing does absolutely nothing, but at the same time they shouldn't be laughing, kiting gods who can't be killed by a dedicated dps who is using their toolkit to the fullest and are playing quite skillfully.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/08/2013 06:38 AMPosted by Katlei
OK fanboi. GS is the "FACE" of the developers. When one says something about him, they are not just merely saying HE SHOULD. They are saying CURRENT developers should. He tweeted, therefore the comments are directed at him but not just at him in general.

As a software dev I have to say, he's the face of the product design team. Devs write the code that the product people spec out. They don't make the retarded choices, they just implement then. Don't blame devs, we're great people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]