Darkmoon trainer bug/cheating?

90 Blood Elf Mage
Darkmoon tonk vs the trainers monkey. I get stunned. I hit pass then three turns later I can act. I hit the tonks lock on ability and I can't do anything until my tonk dies. It locks in and I lose more turns. Basically when the monkey comes out my tonk is dead only being able to do one ability over a number of turns. I counted 6 turns earlier twice. I had this happen three times this morning.

Anyone else had this issue where the bleeping monkey gets extra turns after stunning you or your abilities give it extra turns?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Don't hit pass. It's bugged right now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Play it safe. Use a different mechanical. I think the darkmoon tonk is a double agent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
So Im just screwed if its my last pet, pass bugged. Fun.

Sadly my only mechanical at 25 so next faire I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
If it's your last pet the game should auto-pass for you after a bit.
Edited by Sibenice on 1/8/2013 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
/hug

You can get a loaner mechanical from a friend.
You can change the weather to avoid the stuns.
You can try a non mechanical.
You can resist pressing the pass button. (very hard for me since once you tell me not to do something I WILL take that as a challenge.)
You can power level a specific pet now.
You can keep your fingers crossed that Blizz with put in a hot fix.
You can smash the computer. RAZ SMASH!!!

Don't give up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
/hug

You can get a loaner mechanical from a friend.
You can change the weather to avoid the stuns.
You can try a non mechanical.
You can resist pressing the pass button. (very hard for me since once you tell me not to do something I WILL take that as a challenge.)
You can power level a specific pet now.
You can keep your fingers crossed that Blizz with put in a hot fix.
You can smash the computer. RAZ SMASH!!!

Don't give up.

Yes I was close on the last one. I actually tried to run the weather on my dragon but he was too close to death and died first. That was attempt 5 and I was pretty mad. I didn't destroy the computer, but I did destroy my ottoman...

I have a few other routes to go now, that monkey is just annoying. Thanks for the advice. I may just try other abilities as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Do not press pass. Do not press pass. DO NOT PRESS PASS.

The game automatically passes for you when it is your only option for action; if you try to do so yourself it will bug out.

Do not press pass.
Reply Quote
38 Goblin Hunter
Do not press pass. Do not press pass. DO NOT PRESS PASS.

The game automatically passes for you when it is your only option for action; if you try to do so yourself it will bug out.

Do not press pass.

For those that didn't get the memo: DO NOT PRESS PASS. Oh, and we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I heard about how hard Major Payne and the Darkmoon trainer were and got scared before I did them.

Then I realized, Conflag completely and utterly destroys mechanical pets. And if you can survive 4 rounds with your Conflag-er will take a huge chunk of HP off a 2nd pet too.

I was going to suggest you switch to a pet with that ability, but you don't have one levelled... So I'm just happy the Phoenix Hatchling was always my favorite pet in the game.

BTW for your Nexus Whelpling use Wild Magic instead of Arcane Storm; despite what you'd think it changes the weather to Arcane Winds which doesn't do anything for your Whelpling.

After you tail-whip the Eye to Death the Nexus Whelpling is 50/50 against drawing the Tonk which I guess you'll just have to hope to power through (or cripple for your other pets to finish off).

Haven't heard about the Tonk Bug, that's bad news if so since he's obviously a good choice against the monkey.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Kind of misleading.

DO NOT PRESS PASS.

Unless you've been sitting there 10+ seconds and nothing has happened.

Then press pass.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
this is a bug with me using my tonk against his monkey. Good advice all around will try again after some magic cookies and after work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You can press pass, but only once.

The bug is that if you hit pass twice while stunned, you lose all your turns.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Pie
I finally got around to leveling my Fel Flame yesterday.... omg, what was I thinking not using him before?! Makes mechs a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh, gosh, I was wondering why that monkey was so darn hard. Thanks for giving me a head's up about this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It seems the monkey stuns also work through Arcane Storm.

I used Lil'Tarecgosa, Fel Flame, Fluxfire Feline.

Lil killed the Eye and was able to cast Arcane storm on his last attack against the tonk.
Fel Flame killed the tank in 2 hits
Monkey came out stunned my Fel Flame....
Then proceeded to kill him and the Fluxfire Feline (again stun). I didn't see the "do not press pass" warnings until after my fight today but Arcane Storm should have prevented the stun in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's strange. I've never had a problem on this fight. Then again I use celestial dragon vs eye, venus vs tonk, and for some of the monkey, then switch to clockwork gnome if the venus dies.

It helps if you get a stun move off vs the monkey tbh, alternatively you might want to try using a critter which negates the stun duration.
Edited by Waraila on 2/3/2013 8:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
A buddy and I each beat Jeremy Feasil first try yesterday using Anubisath Idol, Darkmoon Zeppelin and quite low-level pets we were levelling up.

Last month, before the ninja update that prevented repeated challenges, I battled Feasil over a 100 times levelling pets up against him. Trouble is I didn't have Idol then and don't remember what I used. Scourged Whelpling, Emerald Proto-Whelp, Fel Flame, Clockwork Gnome and Fluxfire Feline are favourites I was likely to have chosen from.

My point is, don't give up. There are pets that handle him quite easily once you know what you're doing, and those pets can all be obtained in the game, free, and are worthwhile additions to your pet army. - I guess that's the "trick" with the more difficult tamers. It's not just a team you need, it's an army from which you can choose an appropriate team.

You have a lot of great pets in need of levelling up, and once you can 2 v 3 the Pandarian Tamers you'll find it easy to level up at least 2 pets a day if you have time for Tamer battles.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]