Qiraji Guardling

100 Night Elf Hunter
Here's my addition to all the whiners. We actually call it whinging downunder but hey..... call it what you like.

The Qiraji Guardling only spawns during the summer months.

I would just like to point out that my character is located on an Oceanic server, and in Oceania i.e. Australia (where I am), New Zealand, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea............. IT IS SUMMER!!!!!!! There is NOTHING resembling snow ANYWHERE in any of those places except maybe the mountain tops in the very south of New Zealand's south island. It was 105.8 F degrees here yesterday during the day!!!! You would have burnt your feet on my driveway at midday....... Hot.... get it???

Can I haz my guardling now???
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
lol Australias deserts could sub for the Sithilis environment. Step outside into that sunny weather snd grab yourself a guardling ;p
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It would be nice if Azeroth's seasons were that complicated, but they're not.

To my knowledge:
Winter = November through Janurary
Spring = Feburary through April
Summer = May through July
Fall = August through October
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
It's not summer in Irvine.

Therefore, it's not summer in Azeroth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
WoW seasons are based off of what it is where Blizzard HQ is located, the pacific US.

Deal with it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
WoW seasons are based off of what it is where Blizzard HQ is located, the pacific US.

Deal with it.

There is no winter in SoCal.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I've seen this request from multiple Auusies, and what's funny is that every single one who asks, already has a Snowy Owl.

Yeah... you don't get Zookeeper several months earlier than the rest of us. The only way I'd be for this change is if the Snowy Owl hadn't been available for you guys until the Guardling was available for us, because that's when YOUR winter is.
Edited by Cancionanxo on 1/9/2013 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Then people would just make a character on Oceanic realms to get the guardling now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Not only this, but if you look at the map of Azeroth, the guardian and the owl are in opposite hemispheres - so when one is in summer, the other should be in winter.

( I suppose Azeroth might have a highly elliptical orbit, so that summers and winters are based on distance from its star rather than which hemisphere is angled towards its sun ... but then again, the seasons never actually seem to change :) )
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Irrelevant thread on non QQ leads to more QQ and even a physical examination of the seasons of Azeroth.

Really? You want to be a Zookeeper THAT hard? You need a hug.

Also, OP has 221 pets in need of collection.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue

Deal with it.

Pretty much.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
We Aussies do get the seasonal pets appearing at the "wrong" times for us, but on the plus side, we get to sleep when the servers go down. Rarely are they down at a time when the average Aussie would be playing.

My heart goes out to all the poor Americans who regularly QQ on the boards because deprivation of their only pastime makes their otherwise empty lives not worth living.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Honestly, if the people on Oceanic Servers would realize, even if it WERE to go off your times...

You'd be waiting for the Snowy Owl.

You'd be in the same position you are now, only waiting for a pet that isn't the one you're waiting for.

They aren't going to change the timezones for you, giving Zookeeper to the other side of the world first. The outrage would not end well.

To my knowledge:

Something's off there. Spring starts in March usually. I only know that cause it usually starts shortly before my birthday. Looked it up.

Winter = December, January, February
Spring = March, April May
Summer = June, July, August
Autumn = September, October, November.
Edited by Reinhilde on 1/10/2013 5:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Well....... I guess the humourous "I can haz......" comment was wasted on most peeps .....

There is always going to be that one thing that we are trying to get or camping for or farming for etc...... and I'm working on the now less than 220 other pets 8-P
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Wow only has two seasons. Summer and Winter. Winter is September through March, Summer is the rest of the year.

The reason the owls didn't appear until November, is because that is when they fixed the bug that kept them from spawning.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Fine have it your way, Its summer on your server, Now Give up your Snowy Owl and wait till winter for your achiev.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
UE
Outside your door is not the same weather as Azeroth.

How is this so hard to comprehend?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just to put the nail in this coffin, the Oceanic servers are actually still in America and don't offer better pings just changed times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

To my knowledge:

Something's off there. Spring starts in March usually. I only know that cause it usually starts shortly before my birthday. Looked it up.

Winter = December, January, February
Spring = March, April May
Summer = June, July, August
Autumn = September, October, November.

Unless I'm missing something, Azeroth actually only has Summer (March 21st - September 22nd) and Winter (September 23rd - March 20th). Summer is when you can catch the Qiraji Guardling and Raw Summer Bass, and Winter is when you can catch the Snowy Owl and Winter Squid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Given the perpetual state of the south (Stranglthorn - tropical. Silithus - hot desert), and thoe north (Northrend, Winterspring, and Eversong - which i would describe as temperate), it REALLY only makes sense if you assume that what we know of Azeroth is in fact only one hemishpere. Ie, the "south" of the continents we know are actually pretty near the equator.

There's a whole other half of the world out there, peeps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]