T15 bonuses

90 Worgen Druid
I don't like the druid bonuses very much. The radius on efflorescence is so small it's hard to use some times and just 1 more person seems kind of meh. I end up swiftmend the tanks most the time because everyone is spread out due to a boss mechanic or something else. Small situational thoroughput buff. 4 set seems kind of weird, giving rejuv ramp up. Seems like it will actually add quite a bit of free healing to the back half of rejuv.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
01/09/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Sensations
The 4pc is 100% reliant on encounter design, I guess for your average bad guild where people are herps and don't stack when possible it's awesome but if fights are designed similarly to t14 then it won't be a huge deal for good Rshamans.

Not sure i understand this. A free heal that is smart is pretty good. Interactive, not really, but both two piece and four piece increasing smart heals are pretty good imo. You are always casting something anyway so encounter design should not have much of an impact on usefulness. Unless i am totally reading the bonus wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The 4pc is 100% reliant on encounter design, I guess for your average bad guild where people are herps and don't stack when possible it's awesome but if fights are designed similarly to t14 then it won't be a huge deal for good Rshamans.

Not sure i understand this. A free heal that is smart is pretty good. Interactive, not really, but both two piece and four piece increasing smart heals are pretty good imo. You are always casting something anyway so encounter design should not have much of an impact on usefulness. Unless i am totally reading the bonus wrong.

The argument is that basically in some encounters your healing is done almost entirely through methods that can't proc AA in the first place, making the bonus weak. Especially on 25 man, where its much easier to use chain heal and healing rain to great effect. Riptide is certainly always used, but an AA proc on a non-crit riptide is going to be a rather trivial amount of healing, especially if glyphed.

In 10 man, its probably always going to be at least decent, I've never had a 10 man encounter where I don't use my single target heals a decent bit, but I can see for 25 man it doing very little for at least a few encounters.
Edited by Asthas on 1/10/2013 7:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
01/10/2013 07:45 AMPosted by Asthas
but I can see for 25 man it doing very little for at least a few encounters.

Agree that it is not OP but i don't think any 25 man shaman would be using rt glyph and i rarely find myself not casting at least a few ghw's on a tank per minute. Granted it is not going to make a huge difference but 20% is a pretty high percentage in the grand scheme of thing. I guess we'll have to see. After the craptastic 4 pc this tier i guess anything looks better.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The resto druid 2p is nice, but the 4p has me thinking a bit. What with the rumored changes to Wild Mushrooms, and the proposed change to SotF, I am wondering if the intent is to abuse the three together to "fix" our burst healing lack. I don't like the idea that we would be forced to spec and gear specifically for one gap in our healing toolkit.

Personally, I like the T14 bonuses better.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
01/10/2013 08:02 AMPosted by Pipikaula
Personally, I like the T14 bonuses better.

Yeah the druid one is a bit odd with all the snipe healing that goes on. Seems as if the best part of the heal will go completely to the overheal column.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/10/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Harpoa
Yeah the druid one is a bit odd with all the snipe healing that goes on. Seems as if the best part of the heal will go completely to the overheal column.

Add that in to the rumored Wild Mushroom change, and I think that is intended, as I mentioned. It seems like they want to reward druids for poor play/sniping.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
One good thing about the resto druid 4 piece though is that it interacts very favorably with haste buffs. You get bigger and bigger returns on each extra tick. A soul of the forest hasted rejuv during heroism is going to end with some very large ticks. Not sure what the next haste breakpoint is for rejuv beyond ones druids normally get, but it might make it worthwhile to shoot for one that is normally ignored.
Edited by Asthas on 1/10/2013 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For Rejuve, the next haste tick is something obscene, like around 13k. It might be possible with SotF, Bloodlust (heroism is for sissies! :P), Lifeblood (the herbalism perk), Bezerk (troll racial), but I am too lazy to math it out at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The temporary buffs will definitely give extra ticks, even if having one passively is out of reach.

For soul of the forest, for example, you will get 70% more ticks than whatever you get without it. Whether that rounds up or down depends on your exact haste level. Same thing with heroism, except its 30%. If you combine the two, you get 121% more ticks, because haste effects from different sources are multiplicative.

Its probably still going to be true that soul of the forest is usually for wild growth, even with the tier bonus, but the possibility is there for high single target healing, and even heroism alone is a nice bump with the bonus.

edit: Fixed soul of the forest number
Edited by Asthas on 1/10/2013 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/09/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Areos
I don't like the Holy Paladin four set bonus. The two set bonus, which is 50% increased Daybreak healing, is fine and a logical step up from the current two set bonus, but I don't like the idea of 20% more Beacon of Light transfers in comparison to our current reduced Holy Shock cooldown. I like the current four set because it helps alleviate the sluggish Holy Power generation that Holy Paladins have with Holy Shock at 6 seconds, not to mention that Beacon of Light is already a very high percentage of our total over-healing.

I pretty much agree here. I see a lot more ppl brushing up on their Beacon swapping tactics or there must be some really OP mechanics coming out. Yet again, however, I see RLs forcing us back into that little niche of tank healing. super sad face
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
With regards to shaman, I like to think of the tier as just a bonus, and in this specific case that bonus is going to help with where we usually struggle the most in which. While the 4 piece more than likely won't proc with chain heal or healing rain (AA doesn't proc from them) (aka when we are really strong with the stacked up aoe), its going to proc when we need it the most which is when we need to use single target heals for spread situations, etc.. The 2 piece pretty much complements that, but to be honest I would like less of it to be from passive healing, but both these tier bonuses are the exact opposite of that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Ceresc
I don't like the Holy Paladin four set bonus. The two set bonus, which is 50% increased Daybreak healing, is fine and a logical step up from the current two set bonus, but I don't like the idea of 20% more Beacon of Light transfers in comparison to our current reduced Holy Shock cooldown. I like the current four set because it helps alleviate the sluggish Holy Power generation that Holy Paladins have with Holy Shock at 6 seconds, not to mention that Beacon of Light is already a very high percentage of our total over-healing.

I pretty much agree here. I see a lot more ppl brushing up on their Beacon swapping tactics or there must be some really OP mechanics coming out. Yet again, however, I see RLs forcing us back into that little niche of tank healing. super sad face

I would've liked our four set bonus more if it still increased our Holy Power generation in some way. With Holy Shock going back to 6 seconds with this set bonus, it means the play style is going to feel more slower than it did before. A set bonus I feel would've been something to look forward to are the following:

-- Your Holy Shock will always grant Infusion of Light, and you gain 1 Holy Power when you use a healing spell enhanced by Infusion of Light.
-- Your Holy Light, Divine Light, Flash of Light and Holy Radiance spells have a 30% of causing your next Holy Shock to not trigger a cooldown if used within 15 sec.
-- When you use Word of Glory, Eternal Flame or Light of Dawn at 3 Holy Power, your next 5 casted healing spells used within 30 sec will grant 1 Holy Power.
-- Your Holy Shock grants an additional charge of Holy Power.

I feel any of the above would be a more attractive four set bonus than the upcoming one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Very happy with it! It reminds me of the T12 set which I loved as well. I'm still rocking NO TIER right now too but the bonuses are meh anyway so whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/10/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Ocyla
Very happy with it! It reminds me of the T12 set which I loved as well. I'm still rocking NO TIER right now too but the bonuses are meh anyway so whatever.

4pc T14 is worth using LFR gear for. 4 sec CoH, 6 sec Penance. My gawd.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I love the Shaman 4P. Cool idea, Blizzard. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

Well 10m encounter design(I can't speak for 25m as I don't raid it) determines if we'll be casting single target heals enough to make the 4pc worthy. Right now in t14 I can see maybe a couple fights where the 4pc would be a significant portion of my healing and the others where it would make less than 1% difference.

If t15 follows a more firelands encounter design model or a heavy tank damage model then the tier bonus will be amazing, but outside of that I don't see it being that great. The 2pc also makes it look funny. I mean I'm sure all Shamans will get it, it's nice to have and has great potential depending on encounter design but that's a determining factor.
Edited by Sensations on 1/10/2013 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
01/10/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Gardiff
With regards to shaman, I like to think of the tier as just a bonus, and in this specific case that bonus is going to help with where we usually struggle the most in which. While the 4 piece more than likely won't proc with chain heal or healing rain (AA doesn't proc from them) (aka when we are really strong with the stacked up aoe), its going to proc when we need it the most which is when we need to use single target heals for spread situations, etc.. The 2 piece pretty much complements that, but to be honest I would like less of it to be from passive healing, but both these tier bonuses are the exact opposite of that.

It really depends on encounter design. I can find plenty of places in this tier alone where I would enjoy having our T15 4P, although that may have more to do with how....bad our current 4P is. It also depends on the itemization of the tier pieces as well, since we may want to pursue them for itemization alone.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
01/10/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Sensations
Right now in t14 I can see maybe a couple fights where the 4pc would be a significant portion of my healing and the others where it would make less than 1% difference.

I don't think there has been a set bonus in a long time that has actually made up a "significant" portion of our healing. 2% sounds about where it should be at the end of the day. I know that i am usually casting at least 5-6 direct heals plus riptide per minute in fights. Bladelord, SK, Elegon, and others much more. I just think overall it is a pretty good set bonus especially the two piece being HST is already free if you pull it in time.
Edited by Harpoa on 1/10/2013 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
01/10/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Harpoa
I don't think there has been a set bonus in a long time that has actually made up a "significant" portion of our healing.

RIP T10 4P.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]