What Makes a Bot?

21 Pandaren Shaman
I'm so sick and tired of people confusing real players for bots. Somebody being AFK does NOT equal a bot. The person is AFK! A bot is a third party program that does the work for another person. With that said, it is definitely true to say we don't know the difference between a bot and an actual player. Don't say "well if they don't whisper back, they're a bot." No, the person doesn't want to talk to you, this doesn't make them a bot. I don't respond to whispers because I want to be left alone, farming my route, collect what I need and sell. When you farm everyday, you get a rhythm down. I've heard accusations that claim a bot is someone who has a good farming route, it could be, but it could also be a player who farms themselves to death because they farm everyday, and they know the zone. I just feel sorry for real players who get accidentally reported because somebody makes a false accusation on them.

Also, multiboxing is a real person who simultaneously plays multiple characters at once. The multiboxer pays real money to have these accounts open. There is a program, that I don't use but have heard, that triggers abilities to be activated at the same time with one click.

I understand it's frustrating when people manipulate the game and take advantage, but please use your brain and understand what a bot really is and don't accuse real players of being one just because you don't like the action being set in place.

EDIT: Took out a sentence, but you can still view that sentence in past posts and troll at me through them.

EDIT 2: Retitled it because I'm curious.

EDIT 3: Troll all you want, you ain't getting a response from me.
Edited by Notamonk on 1/10/2013 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
IBecause THEY DON'T EXIST!

Hahahaha. A few weeks back I cruised through a popular bot's forum to get a better idea of what all they were capable of this expansion. Pretty impressive actually, if only these developers put this much effort into something more legal. Eh, whatever, people pay real cash for these things, so I guess the bot developers win.

What I found curious was just how much people make botting. With how ridiculously profitable it has become, there's not a care in the world of getting banned, because the account is paid for in short time
Reply Quote
21 Pandaren Shaman
01/09/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Trygveseim
IBecause THEY DON'T EXIST!

Hahahaha. A few weeks back I cruised through a popular bot's forum to get a better idea of what all they were capable of this expansion. Pretty impressive actually, if only these developers put this much effort into something more legal. Eh, whatever, people pay real cash for these things, so I guess the bot developers win.

What I found curious was just how much people make botting. With how ridiculously profitable it has become, there's not a care in the world of getting banned, because the account is paid for in short time

All just empty words. Nothing else to provide back up on everything else I said besides this particular sentence? Until you can provide actual proof, there's not that many bots that people claim there to be.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
People tend to use terms such as "bot", "ninja", "nerf", and "qol" pretty liberally here.
Reply Quote
32 Troll Druid
I'm so sick and tired of people confusing real players for bots. You wonder why Blizzard doesn't take action on these so called "bots"? Because THEY DON'T EXIST! Somebody being AFK does NOT equal a bot.

01/09/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Notamonk
Because THEY DON'T EXIST!

THEY DON'T EXIST!

DON'T EXIST!

wat
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
All just empty words. Nothing else to provide back up on everything else I said besides this particular sentence? Until you can provide actual proof, there's not that many bots that people claim there to be.

Can you unequivocally prove that there are less bots than many perceive to be out in the world?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
01/09/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Notamonk

I'm not posting bot resources on the forums, but I'm pretty sure that google works the same on your computer. You can choose to be ignorant, but that's your choice and it doesn't change reality
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/09/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Notamonk

If only there were something on the web that allowed you to search for certain terms or combinations of words. An engine for searching, if you will.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If a person is going the exact same way every time they resurrect and using the exact same spells every time, they're probably a bot.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
01/09/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Eternalwars

From what I am reading.. a lot of botters are making 1000 - 2000 with just 6 bots running. So that makes it about 200-300 bucks per month.. per bot. There is your answer.

I probably only spent 20 minutes checking out a small handful of threads on their forums, and I did notice a thread about people whining that the Chinese just weren't paying what they used to. Either way, from what I saw everyone that talked about bans mentioned minor slap-on-the-wrist 3-day bans, and that it would take plenty of small actions over many months to actually lose the account. The general consensus was that losing the account sucks but never hesitation to start up a new one and start over (because well, leveling via botting just isn't that strenuous).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
01/09/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Eternalwars

From what I am reading.. a lot of botters are making 1000 - 2000 with just 6 bots running. So that makes it about 200-300 bucks per month.. per bot. There is your answer.

I have been reading the bot forum since I found 9 bots in my WSG this morning. They have bots for EVERYTHING. Raiding / Instances / BGs / Pet Battles / Professions / Auction House / RAF / Archaeology / Achievements and more.

Actually what I found to be the most interesting was the questing scripts. It just seems like such attention to detail to lay out the actions to complete entire quest hubs in the open world, I hate to say it but the creators must be talented. The AH bots are possibly the most annoying to players though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Characters that run the same route over and over again are bots.

In BGs, they usually do little to no damage.
For farming, they usually go for the herb/mine despite the fact you're clearly there gathering it.
I've noticed a lot of bots like to be PVP flagged for some reason.
Edited by Febreeze on 1/9/2013 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
In hindsight, this is probably one of those things that Blizzard doesn't want us to discuss, because it won't help it go away. They're aware of it, and further discussion is probably just better for the bot community than the Blizzard community (because any publicity is good publicity).

So with that being said, I expect this thread will disappear, and I'll just quit posting now... :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
THEY DON'T EXIST!

If I close my eyes as I pass a cop at 80mph does he not exist? I mean after all I didn't see him there for he can't exist right?
Reply Quote
21 Pandaren Shaman
01/09/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Viktoria
People tend to use terms such as "bot", "ninja", "nerf", and "qol" pretty liberally here.

Exactly. I'm getting frustrated.

01/09/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Chegoatvera

Can you unequivocally prove that there are less bots than many perceive to be out in the world?

I just post it all in the OP. It's hard to claim who's a bot and who's not.

I'm not posting bot resources on the forums, but I'm pretty sure that google works the same on your computer. You can choose to be ignorant, but that's your choice and it doesn't change reality

I can read, and I just posted valid information in my OP, that you chose to ignore because you don't want to admit that there's not that many bots as people claim there to be.

01/09/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Pyri

If only there were something on the web that allowed you to search for certain terms or combinations of words. An engine for searching, if you will.

Again, read the OP and ask questions here so I can answer them for you with real things that real players do.

01/09/2013 08:36 PMPosted by Karob
If a person is going the exact same way every time they resurrect and using the exact same spells every time, they're probably a bot.

The exact same way, I can understand, but that doesn't constitute it to be 80% of the game being bots. The exact same spells? There's a rotation each class has....
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
THEY DON'T EXIST!

LEL.
Reply Quote
32 Troll Druid
I'm so sick and tired of people confusing real players for bots. You wonder why Blizzard doesn't take action on these so called "bots"? Because THEY DON'T EXIST!

You do not exist, give me proof that you exist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]