Could Rets Use More Healing?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
First off, I have no issue with ret's damage. Any geared ret who pops their cooldowns wether It be mindlessly or at an opportune time will see that our damage can be truly obnoxious, and requires no setup.

However, ret's healing is a different story. Or I should say our survivability is a problem. As a ret, our heals are our only survivability. Our off-heals are wonderful, by using 3-stacked selfless healer procs. Yet, we cannot heal ourself to... Well, save our lives!

Sure, we're getting a buff to healing in 5.2. I'm as happy about that as any ret. Is it individual help to ret? Absolutely not. Don't get me wrong, 25% is magnificent; well, better than nothing I should say. Ret's healing wasn't very good in 5.0.4 either though. So we're being given back 25% of the 50% (won't even mention battle fatigue) taken from us. So we're halfway back to sub-par.

I just don't feel that's right. Ret needs some sort of individual healing buff to remain competitive. As it is, we're the number one kill target in arenas and battlegrounds. Why?... We have no way to protect ourselves.

Divine shield? Delays death for eight seconds.

Lay on hands? A second chance to die.

All we need is a serious look and fix to our self-healing. Increase WoG crit rate, give a self-buff to selfless healer. Something, please for the love of all that is pure and holy.

One last point before give this thread to the mercy of the paladin community (and I pray, the dev team). Paladins are a support class nowadays, and I love that. How can you treat ret as a hybrid spec when it is not truly a hybrid such as shadow, or shamans? We are a support, we need to be treated as such. Not just tossed into the barrels with the hybrids. Ret as it is is purely about team play, so how can we be a team player when we're dead inside 20 seconds of every match start?

Ret could use some healing love, please.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We could be enhancement shaman

Ill take it where i can get it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
already getting buffed in 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Martellius
We could be enhancement shaman

except enhancement shamans are actually better then us right now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We need more cowbell.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/13/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Aglaea
We need more cowbell.

Thats probably what the devs said when they decided to make tauren pallies available.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Leafytoastdk
already getting buffed in 5.2

I'm saying that we're just being thrown in with all the other hybrids, when we were lackluster from the start.

I'm not saying we should have healer-quality heals. If our only real form of defense is healing, shouldn't our self-healing at least be somewhat good?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
People still play ret..?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/13/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Invíncíble
People still play ret..?

Go away, troll. You just did the equivalent of walking into a cop bar to rob the business.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/13/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Hootin
Go away, troll

You just hurt my feelings! D=<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Invíncíble
People still play ret..?

I really adore Ret, I would just like to see it have a rightful place in PVP again. Right now I just struggle to get by and enjoy myself in BGs, I don't care for arenas as Ret.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/13/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Fenloth
I don't care for arenas as Ret.

Fortunately for you, Arenas don't care for rets either.

So it all works out!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Invíncíble
I don't care for arenas as Ret.

Fortunately for you, Arenas don't care for rets either.

So it all works out!

:/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/13/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Fenloth
:/

=p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Invíncíble
So it all works out!

Nothing works out when you're Ret.

At the end of the day, could we be worse? Yeah.

Could we be better, and have justification for those buffs? I think so.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd just really love to see a bit of constructive thinking here and see what everyone else thinks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
...Fotm s11 or s5 neva again
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I think the extra 25% will be plenty, but its hard to say without having gotten to test it first hand yet. I don't really like the idea of giving up selfless healer, but with the buff to self cast eternal flame and the 25% healing buff to pvp power it might be quite an attractive option.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/13/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Halfcalf
I think the extra 25% will be plenty, but its hard to say without having gotten to test it first hand yet. I don't really like the idea of giving up selfless healer, but with the buff to self cast eternal flame and the 25% healing buff to pvp power it might be quite an attractive option.

EF will need to be buffed by around 500% to be a viable alternative for ret.

SH is bad'ish for Holy because that means they have to waste globals on 5k judgments.

SH is amazing for ret because.... it's gives them a niche, other than just exploding.

The EF buff is more directed towards Holy.

No ret will take the new EF.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah I'll probably be going holy for 5.2. Everyone wanted me when I was holy. Even the people I played with in RBGs/Arena are like ehhhh you're ret no no thanks.

Been holy since I started playing and decided to switch it up. WELL THAT WAS A MISTAKE lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]