Disc priests have been gutted, please explain

"Divine Aegis is no longer guaranteed when Prayer of Healing is cast. The effect now procs when the spell crits."

The single biggest nerf to Disc Priests since I have been playing.

Ok, so maybe we can cast more Power word: Shields with the 50% spell cost reduction, but:

"Rapture now grants Power Word: Shield consumptions to mana equal to 100% of your Spirit, down from 250%."

Guess not.

I'm glad I have alts.
Edited by Reprobus on 1/18/2013 1:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There are already four other threads about this in this forum. In fact, they're right underneath your post. It might be helpful if you posted there instead of making another thread. :-\
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Druid
Not a huge surprise that so many disc priests are freaking out over these *potential* nerfs. Keep making QQ threads, though. I'm sure acting like a petulant child will prevent your class from "being gutted".

I'm not shocked one bit at these reactions because this is what being spoiled gets you. Just because your class isn't going to be grossly overpowered anymore, doesn't mean you should switch up which toon you play.

Not saying that these incoming nerfs (if they even go live) are the right way to put disc back in line with other healers, but seriously... we all knew *something* was coming.

Anyways, I'm prepared for a huge backlash from the disc priest community... looking forward to seeing tons of whiny posts in the following weeks. I wouldn't expect anything less. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/18/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Riddell
Just because your class isn't going to be grossly overpowered anymore, doesn't mean you should switch up which toon you play.

Sadly, there just isn't any class loyalty anymore :( I have alts that I like to randomly play but Ceresc will always be my raider.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2013 05:30 AMPosted by Ceresc
Sadly, there just isn't any class loyalty anymore :( I have alts that I like to randomly play but Ceresc will always be my raider.

I feel the exact same way about my priest. I shall always be pretty in a dress, even when others choose to wear bondage gear or tin cans.
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Druid
Yeah... I never quite got flavor of the month people. I understand some people are in guilds where playing the best classes are needed to do cutting edge progression. However, if you're in the position most raiders are(casual to semi hardcore), you should play the class you love.

Sometimes you're on top, sometimes you're on bottom. You just gotta roll with the punches, and remember this game is just that... a game. You should be having fun! If you can't get enjoyment because your class isn't the strongest... then you're doing it wrong.

Not going to lie, and say I haven't got caught up in the meters at times... especially being that my class wasn't exactly the strongest this tier. I got over it, and just focused on playing the best I could with what I had. Surprisingly enough, I've done pretty well regardless, and I still love the helk outta my druid.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
01/18/2013 05:53 AMPosted by Riddell
Not going to lie, and say I haven't got caught up in the meters at times... especially being that my class wasn't exactly the strongest this tier. I got over it, and just focused on playing the best I could with what I had. Surprisingly enough, I've done pretty well regardless, and I still love the helk outta my druid.

Not to garner any sort of flame war, but you say this while posting on a lvl 45 druid. You can't even start trolling the priests on your main. Forgive me for not taking you the least bit seriously. You sit there on your alt, stirring the pot, then have the gall to start talking about how you love the hell outta your druid. >_> Yeahokaythere!

I'm not butthurt about the disc changes. In fact, I'm excited to see how they turn out. I just hope playing isn't as frustrating as it was at the beginning of the expansion. I actually started going holy before patch notes started up because a) we had another disc in the raid and b) disc was getting boring with PoH spammage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have a disc off-spec for doing old raid content for achievements, but mostly I run holy. I never have cared much how strong it is, I just like to play it. Simple thing is, if you don't enjoy playing it anymore, then don't play it.

I do think that disc is a little overpowered at the moment. That being said, being holy I have out healed disc priests on more than several occasions easily. I personally think Holy is pretty strong too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Not that I have any experience with hard content in this expansion after my 2 year break... lol.. so anyway, carry on!
Reply Quote
Could we please please pretty please stop using extreme verbage.

We are not gutted.
We are not useless.
We are not destroyed.
We are not killed.

When anyone with an intelligence level higher than that of a stick sees MULTIPLE posts with this absolutely excessive description, anything contained within the post will be summarily dismissed as childish temper tantrums.

If there are, or will be, issues... they definitely warrant discussion, but for the love of all that is holy (or disc in this case)... STOP WITH THE DRAMA.
Edited by Morenn on 1/18/2013 7:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Not only that, even one person saying it gives cover to the inevitable trolls saying that all disc priests are crying and claiming the "sky is falling." Take a breath and refrain.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
01/18/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Alashe
Not only that, even one person saying it gives cover to the inevitable trolls saying that all disc priests are crying and claiming the "sky is falling." Take a breath and refrain.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Alashe

This is true as well, but I am less concerned with the opinions of trolls than I am with having any actual issues my spec may have ignored because of a vocal minority (please let it be a minority) that feels the need to run around like chicken !@#$ing little every time there is a new patch.
Edited by Morenn on 1/18/2013 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
To be clear, it's not their opinions I'm concerned with, it's the derailing of genuinely useful discussions as pages mount with the back and forth of people arguing with them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Alashe
To be clear, it's not their opinions I'm concerned with, it's the derailing of genuinely useful discussions as pages mount with the back and forth of people arguing with them.

And you think the last 5 posts were constructive? Stop being a hypocrite.

Just because you don't like our choice of words doesn't mean what we are saying isn't 100% true. Disc has been nerfed to the point where we aren't valid in a 2 heal scenario anymore. We have no AOE to bring to the table that every other class doesn't have, except ours is now weaker.

You telling the people complaining to shut up is less constructive than the complaining itself. Stop posting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Since you asked, yes, I think it's constructive to ask people to refrain from using words like "gutted" and "destroyed," having seen how genuine concerns get twisted, trolled, and misrepresented and lost in flame wars. You're not the only person with this spec, or valid opinions on it. So stop being a hyprocrite, indeed.

Also, selfishly, when the time inevitably comes, I'd like to be able to say, "No one's saying the sky is falling," and have it be true.
Edited by Alashe on 1/18/2013 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You don't seem to see that the last 7 (8 now) posts are arguing about wording instead of what the actual thread is about yet you are fine with that? Talking about Disc being 'gutted' is still more valuable than arguing about what color the sky is. I repeat, Stop Posting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As I said already, in the post just above your last one, I do think it's valuable. And I'm fine with the fact that you disagree. I don't even think our disagreement means you should stop posting.
Edited by Alashe on 1/18/2013 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/18/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Tweakler
You don't seem to see that the last 7 (8 now) posts are arguing about wording instead of what the actual thread is about yet you are fine with that? Talking about Disc being 'gutted' is still more valuable than arguing about what color the sky is. I repeat, Stop Posting.

Tweakler, I don't think Alashe is disagreeing with you. Many believe the discussion is valuable, even if they disagree on the extent of the impact of these proposed nerfs.

Hopefully I'm not being too presumptuous, but I would hazard a guess that the reason why she is asking folks to at least partially temper their language is that there has historically been posters in these forums who, at least in my opinion, have reflexively brushed aside any and all concerns about disc priest healing, and who have literally called priests expressing such concerns over-emotional whiners. It has led to flame wars, finger pointing, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
When one ability of yours can completely negate any raid damage and leave the other healers with absolutely zero raid damage to heal, you know there is a real problem.

I don't like classes getting nerfed, I do play a resto shaman after all, Blizzard's favorite whipping boy, but disc is just out of control. You really cannot deny that fact, saying they have been gutted is probably blowing it out of proportion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]