Disc priests have been gutted, please explain

90 Blood Elf Mage
01/18/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Chaispice
When one ability of yours can completely negate any raid damage and leave the other healers with absolutely zero raid damage to heal, you know there is a real problem.

Why yes, that would be a problem. Thank goodness there is no such ability.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
When one ability of yours can completely negate any raid damage and leave the other healers with absolutely zero raid damage to heal, you know there is a real problem.

I don't like classes getting nerfed, I do play a resto shaman after all, Blizzard's favorite whipping boy, but disc is just out of control. You really cannot deny that fact, saying they have been gutted is probably blowing it out of proportion.

I don't think anyone who has actually looked hard at the current state of Disc disagrees that it's overpowered at the moment. However, that is primarily the result of over-the-top buffs that were neither asked for nor needed. Reverting some of those buffs would have been a much more measured way of dealing with the issue. The current PTR notes make Disc a rather...hm...half-assed, broken spec whose stats don't work with each other. The word I think I'm looking for is "clunky." We're going back to being "clunky." Only this time, we don't have overpowered buffs to cover up the fact that there are deep mechanical issues with the spec.

You know. Until they buff us again. And don't think it won't happen.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
01/18/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Taymage

Why yes, that would be a problem. Thank goodness there is no such ability.

Well, Spirit Shell has a monumental impact on certain abilities. Unseen Strike and Rain of Blades are prime examples. I can get 3 out of every 4 Unseen Strike and make them deal almost no damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Skootalloo
Well, Spirit Shell has a monumental impact on certain abilities. Unseen Strike and Rain of Blades are prime examples. I can get 3 out of every 4 Unseen Strike and make them deal almost no damage.

Damage is a good deal more intense on Heroic encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/18/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Tiriél

Damage is a good deal more intense on Heroic encounters.

It is! But with a geared disc the difference is noticeable. On a 25 even with one disc everyone dropped to 60 instead of 20...and that's with just one round of SS. On 10 it was just plain hilarious when you can max both groups out easy AND toss shields around before strike hits.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Zamboozle
It is! But with a geared disc the difference is noticeable. On a 25 even with one disc everyone dropped to 60 instead of 20...and that's with just one round of SS. On 10 it was just plain hilarious when you can max both groups out easy AND toss shields around before strike hits.

Oh, absolutely. But what I have noticed in my own experience is that my numbers, as Disc, have evened out a good bit with those of my co-healers on heroic encounters. I was merely addressing the idea that Spirit Shell can completely eliminate incoming burst. It can do this on Normal mode encounters, for the most part. It cannot do this on heroic encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hm..yeah I won't use the word 'negate'. 'Completely trivialize?' Now that's another story...and the reason why I've always believed the spell should never have came to be.
Edited by Zamboozle on 1/18/2013 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Any discipline priest that is actually complaining about these nerfs are kinda !@#$ing stupid. You all have been NEEDING a nerf and I mean NEEDING it BAD for awhile now.

And honestly boohoo PoH no longer auto DAs? GUESS WE HAVE TO STACK CRIT NOW GUYS HURRDUURRR

I feed off of all your misery, all your tears. All the complaining and whining. This nerf is complete and utter total justice in every single way shape and form.

Thank you, mister Paladin. Now that you've given us your completely unconstructive, flaming reply, perhaps you could find your way to the Paladin forums and post there instead?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Dammit somebody beat me to the report button...WHO IS IT?

/cocks marshmellow gun
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Dammit somebody beat me to the report button...WHO IS IT?

/cocks marshmellow gun

Nothing says you can't file one, too. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/18/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Thugmcnasty
I feed off of all your misery, all your tears. All the complaining and whining. This nerf is complete and utter total justice in every single way shape and form.

Someone sounds bitter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually I did offer some form of constructive feedback... Start stacking crit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Thugmcnasty
Actually I did offer some form of constructive feedback... Start stacking crit.

You posted a flame. If all you're here for is to post flames and make snide remarks, you need to find another forum.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I will most likely switch to holy simply because of the breakdown in gameplay. Tiriel hit it on the head that disc will become clunky once again. Stats won't interact well with each other and return of shield spam is inevitable if it can give enough HPS. Holy is being indirectly buffed by the binding heal glyph and I have always enjoyed serendipity. I agree Disc needs a nerf, but I really enjoy the playstyle of the class currently. Instead of just reducing some numbers, they are changing how the class plays.

Fixes should have been:

Reduce shield mana 25%, rapture 200% no outside buffs.
Increase mana on PoH 10%
Reduce mastery scaling for SS, but not remove it.
Have PoH give 25% DA and full 50% on crit.

They double whammied SS by getting rid of mastery and nerfing PoH hard. The Penance buff is hardly enough, though it will be interesting to see if it affects how long we should keep 4pc t14. Shield change + PoH nerf is going to bring back shield spam, which I think every disc priest hates, but will do if necessary. If these are the final changes, I will just not sweat it and go holy though I have never enjoyed holy as much since they added chakra.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Thugmcnasty
When the premise of a post says "MY CLASS IS DESTROYED GUYS WTF OVERNERFED" then I have a bit of ground to retort.

You absolutely have the option to retort. But you're making two large mistakes with your retort that are basically rendering you to the status of a troll:

1) You're responding to an emotional post with the express intention of provoking an emotional response

2) You're offering no constructive feedback that can be gleaned past all of the "hurr durr you're all so dumb and stupid and hahah I feed on your tears" tripe.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

I don't like classes getting nerfed, I do play a resto shaman after all, Blizzard's favorite whipping boy, but disc is just out of control. You really cannot deny that fact, saying they have been gutted is probably blowing it out of proportion.

Look at the changes before you say we are blowing it out of proportion. If you know how disc works and you've read the changes I guarantee you would agree with us. Disc was OP yes, but now we are more Underpowered then we ever were Overpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Again, I said stack crit. I did offer some constructive feedback, not none at all. You're just another mad discipline priest it seems.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/18/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Thugmcnasty
Again, I said stack crit. I did offer some constructive feedback, not none at all. You're just another mad discipline priest it seems.

Did you? or did you not? The big blue forumhammer in the sky will tell!

/fires marshmellow gun at Tiriél
Edited by Zamboozle on 1/18/2013 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]