Quoting Fails Sporadically

90 Draenei Shaman
13805
This has been going on as long as I can remember, but I've finally gotten annoyed enough to take the time to post a report. Dragging over text and hitting the quote button seems to work correctly. I go to my post and see a \[quote="SomeID"\]...\[/quote\] as expected. However, when I save my post the ID sometimes disappears, leaving just a normal \[quote\]...\[/quote\] with no ID. I can't seem to find an exact pattern for when this happens, but I've noticed that it happens more often when there are linefeed/newlines in the quote or when the editor automatically rearranges the text to accommodate the box width as you hit the end of a line. About 75% of the time quoting works fine but it's hard to get points across the other 25% of the time when you can't easily provide a link to the original post you're quoting.

Edit: sorry for the \[, but it was actually creating quote blocks even when I tried to encase them in code blocks. Please disregard the \s.
Edited by Ronduwil on 1/18/2013 4:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
01/18/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Ronduwil
I can't seem to find an exact pattern for when this happens


Hi Ronduwil, thanks for your report.

There is currently an issue where quoting posts with HTML/BML markup will not work as expected. It works on the preview, but then after submitting the quote is missing the author.

We are working to resolve this, but unfortunately we don't have an eta on when the fix will be out.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
7095
This has been occuring since the beginning of the current forum format/version (well over two years).

Apparently it's not a high priority to fix.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]