Character Transfer Sale?

90 Pandaren Monk
Any chance someone from Blizzard could let us now if we'll be seeing a sale for character transfers anytime soon? I've love to transfer a few guys to my main's server but it'd be $55 a character now that I'm playing Horde and my wife would kill me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/18/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Bofferd
Any chance someone from Blizzard could let us now if we'll be seeing a sale for character transfers anytime soon? I've love to transfer a few guys to my main's server but it'd be $55 a character now that I'm playing Horde and my wife would kill me.

Then don't do it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/18/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Presumption

Then don't do it.

I'm not, hence asking if we could expect a sale anytime soon. :P
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
That would be fantastic. It's a bit steep right now, and I'd like to get all my characters on one server. Not trying to escape a dead server or anything, but I've made characters to play with friends and then they left, so now I have stragglers chillin' on a random realm.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/18/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Gwendolan
That would be fantastic. It's a bit steep right now, and I'd like to get all my characters on one server. Not trying to escape a dead server or anything, but I've made characters to play with friends and then they left, so now I have stragglers chillin' on a random realm.

Looking at my account Blizzard's probably gotten about $1000 from me over the course of the past 7 or so years. Unfortunately having gotten a bit older and accrued a few more bills I just can't spend that money bringing some guys over Horde-side.

I just wasn't sure if the sale was a holiday-only deal or what was going on with that.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
While a sale would be awesome for everyone, it would make me very sad. I just paid to transfer servers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It'd be nice to see a sale again. But it was slightly an annoyance to see one sale where it was a percentage off Faction Changes, then the next sale was a percentage off Server Transfers.

Ah well. Guess it works if you're doing it with multiple characters like I plan on doing soon.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
01/18/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Sandse
While a sale would be awesome for everyone, it would make me very sad. I just paid to transfer servers.

Isn't that how online gaming services work? You pay full price for a game or service and the next day, it's on sale?
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
01/18/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Gwendolan

Isn't that how online gaming services work? You pay full price for a game or service and the next day, it's on sale?

It's how any paid good or service works. At least for me.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Me too, Sandse, me too. :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
01/18/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Sandse

It's how any paid good or service works. At least for me.

That's why I don't buy games on steam anymore unless it's during one of their sales.

Fool me once... Shame on me

Fool me twice and uhh... something something
Reply Quote
35 Pandaren Hunter
Does anyone know how often these sales pop up? The last one I can find was a weekend sale July 2012. I would love to transfer from pvp to pve but I can't make myself pay $75 just to move my high level toons. That's what I pay for 6 months play time :(
If there were a sale, I might even be inspired to pay for some of my roommate's toons to move too ;)
I'd bet there are a ton of people who would jump at the chance to move characters in some sort of sale- you know, move 2 get 1 move free, 25% off, whatever.
Reply Quote
67 Pandaren Monk
Yes, a sale would be nice! I have two characters with faction changes that would cost me $110 to do right now. If they did a BOGO sale on that I would do it in a heartbeat!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]