Shuriken Toss is OP

90 Goblin Shaman
Lets see, you stand there at range, hitting me for 10k over and over without any resources required.

Wish I could just throw things that hit for 10k over and over on 60% resilence without costing any time or resources.
Reply Quote
Lets see, you stand there at range, hitting me for 10k over and over without any resources required.

Wish I could just throw things that hit for 10k over and over on 60% resilence without costing any time or resources.

That's 10k per hit...on 350k+ health pools.

I'm not seeing a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

It applies poisons and procs abilities. If I snare or root you, you just beat me from ranged. You're like a hunter with Cloak of Shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
It won't go live in its current form, especially when how ridiculously Assassination benefits with it in PvP.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
It wont go live, the deadly throw change wont make it to live in it's ptr form either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I spell relfect a hunters glaive toss last night in WSG.

Saw his health, for w/e reason go from full to like, 75%. I was laughing so hard at him, and then later as he tried to solo me with 4 stacks of the debuff and 3 healers on me.

Needless to say, it did not go well for him.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
01/04/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Bullettime
It won't go live in its current form, especially when how ridiculously Assassination benefits with it in PvP.

01/04/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Xada
It wont go live, the deadly throw change wont make it to live in it's ptr form either.

I'm not as sure as you guys, I've seen them go live with some pretty obviously op/broken abilities before.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

to give you a little perspective here, frostbolt and lightning bolt both do 13k per hit have 2second and are vulnerable to lock outs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Want to nerf our auto swing damage too, I am pretty sure thats 10k per hit, and while we are here lets nerf backstab, I think I got a 15k crit once.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/04/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Starbûck
Want to nerf our auto swing damage too, I am pretty sure thats 10k per hit, and while we are here lets nerf backstab, I think I got a 15k crit once.

No. The problem with Shuriken Toss atm is that it will proc poison effects, and thus their debuffs, and makes Assassination too powerful at range.

It's something that is situationally awesome for PvE but is a bit over the top in PvP and it has nothing to do with the damage of auto attacks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/04/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Starbûck

dont be so over dramatic!

ur getting how many 10k, non crit on full resil targets, attacks at RANGE before they even getting to close action where you're suppose to shine....
So stop crying because it needs to be fixed and you dont want it to be.
Reply Quote
91 Goblin Warlock
Yeah hopefully they increase the energy cost to 30.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
So I just tested this on someone in full s12 gear with me in full s12 the auto attacks from toss are hitting for 3.5k-4k main hand 1.5-2k offhand on leather, plate and mail will take even less whats this 10k from the shuriken toss it self lol. Takes about 40-50secs to kill someone with it and thats if they aren't doing anything or getting any heals.

Deadly throw's interrupt thats a different problem for another thread.

You guys do get they did this rather than buffing rogue mobility which it needs a buff. Thats the two models blizzard uses for melee those with high mobility on short cd's and those with weak mobility and range attacks.

I'm sure most rogue would rather have a 15sec gap closer on top of even more gap closers like feral, warrior, monk but they want to make rogues the dk pally model.

That said its ptr who knows what will or won't happen never know with blizz.
Edited by Gankz on 1/4/2013 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
01/04/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Mafic
I want to see Ring of Peace and the improved ST go live for the lulz.

Just for one day. Only one!!!!!

Seriously, though, I'm expecting that both rogues and monks will see some reductions in the buffs they are receiving, as both classes seem to have been given too much.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
I've always wanted to play a Ranged rogue
Reply Quote
91 Goblin Warlock
01/04/2013 08:40 PMPosted by Klarana
I've always wanted to play a Ranged rogue

It's pretty fun and an interesting dynamic. Hopefully blizzard finds a way to tool it so that it stays functional and doesn't become some silly gimmick.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
01/04/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Pachainko

dont be so over dramatic!

ur getting how many 10k, non crit on full resil targets, attacks at RANGE before they even getting to close action where you're suppose to shine....
So stop crying because it needs to be fixed and you dont want it to be.

Lol, Implying I will use it in the 1st place, the value of anticipation or marked for death after 5.2 mobilty buffs is far superior.

and furthermore, the OP is exaggerating how hard it actually hits.

01/04/2013 07:47 PMPosted by Gankz
So I just tested this on someone in full s12 gear with me in full s12 the auto attacks from toss are hitting for 3.5k-4k main hand 1.5-2k offhand on leather, plate and mail will take even less whats this 10k from the shuriken toss it self lol. Takes about 40-50secs to kill someone with it and thats if they aren't doing anything or getting any heals.

This.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]