Shuriken Toss is OP

90 Human Rogue
out of curiosity I tried one out on ptr, consider the following are all possible:

-you can maintain the damage reduction from talented feint (elusiveness I think?), while doing these ranged autos. so if you are trading straight up, you have 30% DR at all times (toss remains active for 10s, dont need to constantly dump energy on it)

-you have the option to bomb yourself to avoid being targeted, but you can still hit other targets

-you can maintain pressure even with shadowstep on cooldown. ie: you step/stun a mage, they blink. you can still pressure them with toss autos.

-crippling poison + ST. if you apply crippling to a player, especially melee, you can LITERALLY kite them to death, as if you were a caster. they get snared, and you can kite all day with ST. even a warrior cant do much in roots without a partner to safeguard to, or pressure ranged targets with charge on cd.

it's a fun ability, but I dont think it's necessary. rogues need better defensives, not more offense. without combat readiness they are still pretty squishy.
from Daxxarri -
Worth mentioning: Shuriken Toss shouldn't be proccing non-lethal poisons. It is intended to be an ability that allows Rogues to continue to apply some pressure even after being peeled, though. That's part of the reason it was re-designed this way.

We’ll continue to keep an eye on balance, but (post-fix) we feel it’s a good option compared with other Rogue level 90 talents

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7710222098?page=8#new-post
Edited by Stabetha on 1/25/2013 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
its live, i was getting hit for 17k with 67% resil while on my flying mount.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
please do something about this, its really really stupid, or atleast put it on a cd
Edited by Speránza on 3/8/2013 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
before 5.2: haha stupid rogue, thanks for the free honor. you deserve this because of 4.3
during 5.2: OMG this isnt fair. why am i being killed by a rogue?? OP NERF PLZ

The qq is strong with these ones
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
before 5.2: haha stupid rogue, thanks for the free honor. you deserve this because of 4.3

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

before 5.2: rogue was a melee class
during 5.2: rogue is now a melee hunter

the bias is strong with this one
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
hey, why dont we let mages and hunters kill people in melee range like a warrior? sounds like a great idea.

... they can... they don't have a minimum range...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
It feels a little bit too strong. - With cooldowns rolling I've seen 15-20k crits past that double damage threshold, through resilience.

I'm a mage, we're balanced around being able to make distance and cast. Turning that into a punishment seems like a real kick in the pants. If I can't LoS due to being snared, I'm getting eaten alive in seconds. I mean, I have to at least cast before I can put out damage like that.

And to echo some of the other rogue problems - They're like DK's. They needed maybe a few touch up things, but they /really/ need some survivability and defense.

I suppose in other news; If casters got an ability to go fully immune to silences and interrupts - There would be posts up and down the forums of how its' unfair.

Think of our kiting to make distance as your blanket silence on a caster. Giving an ability to keep that heavy of damage outgoing at range is over the top.

It's why hunters already eat casters alive. - Between pets and themselves they basically are a melee with 100% uptime. Physical damage still eats most casters alive.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I should go find the twitch video of Reckful and Conrad on the PTR a few days before the 5.2 launch who were beating good teams on the PTR (1900-2100) by using Shuriken Toss as their main damage.

It's ridiculous that rogues can "apply pressure" like what you see now. It's insane in BG's. Half the rogues don't even try to do much other than Shuriken Toss/Deadly throw.

The energy cost needs to go way up on them so that they can't be spammed like they are and cause that kind of damage + still have all the damage abilities they still have.

This really has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen make it live. Talking about all of the instant damage spells and how they are a mistake then you turn around and make rogues naer hunter quality at range PLUS leave in all of their abilities and defenses?

It's insane.
Edited by Amerika on 3/8/2013 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
it wont go live.

it's ascendance with no cooldown.

I have a rogue and even I think it is ridiculously op. oh, it also applies poisons.

Its live. and its op as he double hockey sticks
/faceroll
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
its quite possibly the dumbest thing they have added to the game.

since when should a melee dps become a 100% pressure ranged dps, at the push of a button?

hey, why dont we let mages and hunters kill people in melee range like a warrior? sounds like a great idea.

well, you play ret. SW lets me chuck hammers at people and it's pretty damn good to kill the target at max range, I do it all the time. So you yourself is playing a pretty stupid class then too
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I thought the idea now was to be in the 'sweet spot,' where it does less damage. Half the damage to be exact. That range right now is 10 yards, which I believe is two over melee range? Could be wrong.

Anyway, maybe they could increase that zone by five yards for a little extra breathing room.

Also, Necro.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Also, Necro.

Necro, but the point still stands.

We're a melee class, we don't need 60% of our damage becoming ranged at the tap of a button that costs a sixth of our energy bar.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/08/2013 11:50 PMPosted by Yalu
we don't need 60% of our damage becoming ranged

Why not? 60% of our damage is passive. All they did was give it a 30 yard range.
Edited by Sothê on 3/8/2013 11:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
That range right now is 10 yards, which I believe is two over melee range? Could be wrong.

I think Melee range is 5-yards, unless they changed it sometime.

It used to be 0-5 for melee range, then 5-8 was the deadzone (which obviously no longer exists)

8yards is usually the minimum required range to use abilities such as Charge.

Due to latency/snares it's usually pretty difficult to actually succesfully kite someone in that small of a window.

Why not? 60% of our damage is passive. All they did was give it a 30 yard range.

Because it's incredibly imbalanced from a PvP perspective. You should be rewarded for creating a gap vs a melee class.

With the combination off the low-cost spamable added pressure and the fast combo point generation and its interaction with deadly throw interrupt it's absurd.

Too much lockdown, too much pressure.

Rogues were in a rough spot in 5.1, but everyone agreed it was their survivability. Not their damage or lockdown capabilities.
Edited by Sacked on 3/9/2013 12:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Because it's incredibly imbalanced from a PvP perspective. You should be rewarded for creating a gap vs a melee class.

With the combination off the low-cost spamable added pressure and the fast combo point generation and its interaction with deadly throw interrupt it's absurd.

Too much lockdown, too much pressure.

Rogues were in a rough spot in 5.1, but everyone agreed it was their survivability. Not their damage or lockdown capabilities.

You took my post far to seriously. It was more a jest at PVE, as that is what I mainly do. I fel the need to bring it up in all Rogue threads because pvp usually is the main topic or quickly becomes it. /wink
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]