Healing cast on the move

90 Tauren Paladin
Hunters, Mages, Warlocks get DPS cast on the move, why not give it to healers?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Well, isn't it about balanced? I can cast pw shield, barrier, pain supp (or GS) mending, renew on the move, can do penance and holy fire if glyphed. I have to stand and hard cast flash heal, heal, greater heal, PoH, hymn of hope, divine hymn (if holy), smite etc.

I've only played mage but I know there are things they can cast while moving and others they cannot. I don't think we should be able to cast EVERYTHING while on the move.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For Hunters, Mages and Warlocks they can cast some things on the move and sometimes that's because they use a cooldown. You don't see a hunter casting Revive Pet while running. Some healing specs have similar abilities. Healers do have instant casts to use while moving.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Just a guess but you may be seeing a handicap of the click type addon healing. If they move with their mouse and click cast you will see a healer stop to cast. If they cycle through their targets with their keyboard and cast with a keybind, they can keep running.

It looks silly in PvP when a healer is chasing (or running away from) something and stops to cast an instant cast that could have been cast on the run.

EDIT: Not only can I heal on the run, I can DPS and CC on the run.
Edited by Sassinak on 1/8/2013 7:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I went back to do a Firelands once. Casting Soothing Mist while moving on Alysrazor was awesome
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Several healers do. Instant casts for one (druids are of course big on this, but all healers have a few) and shaman get a cd that makes them cast everything while moving too. Some could argue melee mistweaver is also mobile, though I am a bit behind in the MW community, I hear melee healing is less viable at top levels?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
A resto druid can also Symbiosis a shaman to get Spirit Walker's Grace to cast on the run. Mobile Tranq is fun!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just a guess but you may be seeing a handicap of the click type addon healing. If they move with their mouse and click cast you will see a healer stop to cast. If they cycle through their targets with their keyboard and cast with a keybind, they can keep running.

It looks silly in PvP when a healer is chasing (or running away from) something and stops to cast an instant cast that could have been cast on the run.

EDIT: Not only can I heal on the run, I can DPS and CC on the run.

As long-time user of click-to-cast addons, I have never had this issue. The only time I have issues with moving and casting at the same time is when I have to use both my strafe keys AND my mouse at the same time.

You don't have to move with your mouse 100% of the time as a healer. You can use that drive button to get some healing out while on the run.
Reply Quote
I can cast while moving! (for 20 seconds out of every 2 minutes)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/08/2013 06:19 AMPosted by Mitimem
For Hunters, Mages and Warlocks they can cast some things on the move and sometimes that's because they use a cooldown. You don't see a hunter casting Revive Pet while running. Some healing specs have similar abilities. Healers do have instant casts to use while moving.

Warlocks can cast everything on the move all the time with a level 90 talent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/11/2013 04:14 AMPosted by Tarski
Warlocks can cast everything on the move all the time with a level 90 talent.

This model would definitely not work for a healer, however. Remember Alysrazor? Healing it was sooo boring during the heavy movement parts. You could just use whatever you wanted all the time without worrying about whether you could get that cast off. Yes i know it also gave unlimited mana but still.

Not to mention it would take away one of the ONLY advantages resto druids have over other healers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]