I lost a healing trinket to a warlock

90 Blood Elf Paladin
And then got kicked from the group when I complained...

So...Damn...Angry...

Can't...See...Strait...

Can feel...The viens...In my face...

My house...Just...Burned down...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If it makes you feel better, I lost a spirit cloth helm that was apparently mis-tagged in the system to a Warlock wearing a better helm than I had.

When I complained, he dropped group.

Later, on my Monk, I lost a healing ring with Spirit on it to a Ret Paladin who needed on it and said he did so just to spite me. :)

I hate LFD.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If it makes you feel better, I lost a spirit cloth helm that was apparently mis-tagged in the system to a Warlock wearing a better helm than I had.

When I complained, he dropped group.

Later, on my Monk, I lost a healing ring with Spirit on it to a Ret Paladin who needed on it and said he did so just to spite me. :)

I hate LFD.

It doesn't. But thanks for sharing. This is why you always ALWAYS gear up with guildies. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It doesn't. But thanks for sharing. This is why you always ALWAYS gear up with guildies. >.<

OR, you can force them to give you the gear you deserve by needing on their stuff and holding it hostage. or having the tank do it(if its a ret pally). >:3 i did that to a mage the other day for a dps trinket. I'm like, i need that. He told me tough luck (even though it was not an upgrade for him at all.)

So i proceeded to need and win 3 pieces of mage gear. Dude tried to kick me and was told by the tank to !@#$ and give it up. I love randoms. They let me troll with no consequences <3. I made sure i gave him his gear after i got the trinket though. I'm not HEARTLESS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

OR, you can force them to give you the gear you deserve by needing on their stuff and holding it hostage. or having the tank do it(if its a ret pally). >:3 i did that to a mage the other day for a dps trinket. I'm like, i need that. He told me tough luck (even though it was not an upgrade for him at all.)

So i proceeded to need and win 3 pieces of mage gear. Dude tried to kick me and was told by the tank to !@#$ and give it up. I love randoms. They let me troll with no consequences <3. I made sure i gave him his gear after i got the trinket though. I'm not HEARTLESS.

Such a beautiful story. Shame it's not always a happy ending.
Reply Quote
Not exactly the same thing, but the other day, we had some loot drama in my guild. We were gonna continue our Elegon attempts, but we decided to go kill Vizier quickly in HoF (the only boss we've killed in there). A hit ring dropped and I needed it, since I'm dps on most fights and it was an upgrade, I only heal when we need 3 healers (so far, the only fights we 3 heal are Stone Guard and Blade Lord, and Stone Guard isn't even really necessary).

Shortly after, I get a whisper from the raid leader asking if I can pass the ring to the Mage. Normally I would comply, but in the past few weeks, I've already passed 3 pieces to him and I wasn't gonna let him any more, he had to learn that he can't whine and get loot every week. That's what I told the raid leader, and he was like "Oh I didn't realize, no problem". Then the Mage started complaining on Vent about in the first week of raiding, he won a Spirit piece which was given to a Priest and that he was told that Hit gear would always go to him, being our only non-Priest caster dps. The raid leaders didn't remember that, and we had a long discussion about cloth and caster gear. The Mage felt that it was unfair that Priests get to roll on everything, but he doesn't get to roll on Spirit gear, but we kept reminding him that Hit is useful for Priests while Spirit is completely useless for Mages. Finally he dropped it and we went on to do our Elegon attempts, but we wasted half an hour and it really pissed me off that he'd complain so much.

I'd be more sympathetic if 1) I hadn't already given up several upgrades for him and 2) he wasn't 10 ilvls higher than me with a 496 ring already. I mean, I get that it seems unfair that he can't roll on as much gear, but that's Blizzard's fault and I can't keep passing gear to him every week.

Sorry for the somewhat unrelated rant, I just wanted to get that off my chest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/09/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Andriol
Such a beautiful story. Shame it's not always a happy ending.

Well, at least as a holydin you have the least amount of gear competition. I have to share cloth drops with mages, locks, and shadow priests, and other pieces with ALL hybrids. (bads, all of them.)

The only 2 specs that can roll on your plate gear besides yourself are prot and ret paladins. Even then, there's a 50/50 chance they don't have a healing offset and don't want the gear. So there's always that.

The only other class with comparable loot competition is a shaman, who has it arguably worse because EVERY shaman, even ele/enh will be wanting their gear.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Reta is that you?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Gearing in Heroic LFD was fine for me. Gearing for my enhancement off spec has been a lot harder since every friggin group I get in has a terribly geared hunter who needs on the same stuff. If I'm healing and a hunter is in the group, I pray that any agil mail drops from the final boss so I can just need on it and leave before any complaints come my way.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Did heroic brewery several times with guildie who was Mistweaver. Healing trinket dropped, mage rolled need on it because "he liked the name of it." Not kidding... Another attempt, it dropped again, this time shaman rolled on it even though he didn't offspec a healer. Finally we grabbed another guildie, and when it dropped, the 3 of us rolled need on it (healer and us other 2), so he'd finally get it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/09/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Sensations
Reta is that you?

What are you going on about, Sensations? You can clearly see me post the second post in this thread.

*stick, bonking on Sensations' head*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You'll win a healing trinket in heroics, and within a week replace it. That's how it always goes.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
If running dungeons for offspec, I think I would always speak up at the start of the run, that way you don't get crap from huntards.

Personally, I am always queuing for dungeons as the tank. Since I am not sure what actually drops from dungeons, on the few occasions a healing piece has dropped, I have asked if the healer needed it. Half the time they don't, the other half you can hear the contempt in their "yes", but a few times I have gotten ecstatic thank-you's once they saw I greeded rather then needed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I was running Scholo every day for PoP and lost it three times: once to a warlock, once to a mage and once to a ret paladin. The paladin was nice enough to trade it to me though which is kind of sad because I didn't mind him needing it. I know it has Int on it but still seemed like a waste for both a mage and a warlock (especially since the warlock already had better DPS trinkets to boot). Five mans are about gearing offspecs, I'm fine with that. It's not for being a loot you-know-what and hitting need on everything just because you can.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Shionja
Did heroic brewery several times with guildie who was Mistweaver. Healing trinket dropped, mage rolled need on it because "he liked the name of it." Not kidding... Another attempt, it dropped again, this time shaman rolled on it even though he didn't offspec a healer. Finally we grabbed another guildie, and when it dropped, the 3 of us rolled need on it (healer and us other 2), so he'd finally get it.

He ninjaed a healing trinket that's useless for him...because he liked the name "Empty Fruit Barrel"?

What an idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I long ago gave up any pretense that anyone has a claim to gear in 5 mans that isn't arbitrated by the Need/Greed system. I expect warlocks to roll on heal trinkets, because if nothing else, it gets them a step closer to that 470 ilvl you need for HoF and Terrace LFR.

Which I guess is all I see 5 man gear as good for anyway: ILvL. Irritating in that on my Mistweaver, I just can't bump my ilvl over 470, but I'd probably be there if I could have rolled need on those cloth shoulders (I've seen 5 times) that got DE'd.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I just lost the PoP out of Scholo yesterday to a lock. He needed...won.. dropped group. What a jerk. How is a lock even allowed to hit need on a trinket that procs from heals?
I shouldn't be surprised though since my Druid main had a green trinket for the longest time until I built up enough rep for the VP trinket. The healer trinkets always got ninja'ed in the dungeons. The only trinket I won from there was the fruit barrel, and that was ninja'ed 4 times before I won my own.

I like the idea of needing on DPS cloth and holding it hostage. If that's what it takes....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I just lost the PoP out of Scholo yesterday to a lock. He needed...won.. dropped group. What a jerk. How is a lock even allowed to hit need on a trinket that procs from heals?
I shouldn't be surprised though since my Druid main had a green trinket for the longest time until I built up enough rep for the VP trinket. The healer trinkets always got ninja'ed in the dungeons. The only trinket I won from there was the fruit barrel, and that was ninja'ed 4 times before I won my own.

I like the idea of needing on DPS cloth and holding it hostage. If that's what it takes....

I got whined at by a mage for needing a casting dagger because it DIDN"T have spirit.

By my understanding, anything without hit is fair game, right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I got whined at by a mage for needing a casting dagger because it DIDN"T have spirit.

By my understanding, anything without hit is fair game, right?

According to Blizzard this is correct!
Edit: whoops posted on the aforementioned Druid main.
Edited by Celestelle on 1/13/2013 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And then got kicked from the group when I complained...

So...Damn...Angry...

Can't...See...Strait...

Can feel...The viens...In my face...

My house...Just...Burned down...

This is how I felt in wotlk gearing for end game when the shield in Pit of Sauron dropped and got ninjad by ret pallies and enhancement shammies for their off spec over my holy main spec.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]