This server...

100 Pandaren Monk
Not sure if I am the only one who thinks this but something needs to be done about the low population of this server and how it is effecting the way everything is going. Here is a list of somethings that i have noticed since Darrowmere merged with us (which was a terrible server).

1. Trolls are trolls... They are everywhere. LITERALLY
2. The Auction house.. Sucks....
3. Multiple guild (fever, iced tea, Ect.) Have disbanded and the people who were in those guilds are now leaving this server due to the fact that there is only 3 main raiding guilds left on this server who have progress in multiple raids and don't need people.
4. Recruitment sucks as well..
5. Most of the players are not the brightest of the bunch and cause problems. (caused by the merge with darrowmere)

This list of just some of the examples that are causing this server to be crap.
Malorne is dying and we need to either bring over a decent server, Or merge us with a server that will be beneficial to everyone in Malorne. Sucks to see this happening to what used to be such a good server..

So my question to everyone is who is willing to help me get the attention on Blizzard and make something change, We can't be a decent server with things like these. :\
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm all for it. No guilds left that are progressing through anything. It's a one horse race.

Honestly the horde population now reminds me of the Alliance population in mid-wrath. Terrible.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I believe that it has to deal with this server in general. It's Alliance as well not just Horde. Something has to be done. It's not fun being on such a low populated server.

Lol back in Mid-Wrath when i played my hunter Shadowmas, Horde was owning this server, then Darrowmere came. Lol you know what happens next.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The problem is that no one wants to do anything about it. Everyone likes to complain, but very few are willing to foster growth. Trolls are generally destructive to our server. And given the opportunity, most players will troll instead of help a fellow player. We have a fairly strict anti-troll policy in guild which works pretty well.

On the note of raider/player quality, I think that raiding guilds are partially at fault. The level of elitism that continues to run rampant in this game means that new players can never earn their chops. There may actually be a pretty good number of capable players on Malorne that won't ever try organized raiding because of bad past experiences. From Vanilla through Wrath, Malorne had enough pugs and guilds that you could join a raid, perform terribly, but learn from the experience. It just isn't like that any more.

I would like to change the problems on Malorne. I have tried running alt/pug runs in the past to try to introduce new players to raiding. I have tried carrying people through real runs. But one or two instances is not going to be enough to give a player the experience they need to be useful to a guild.

If anyone has an idea, I'd like to help make it happen.

Also, we run two raid groups. Mon-Wed, 11p-1:30 CST and Wed-Thu, 12a-2:30a CST. We continue to spend most of our time recruiting off realm and offering transfer bonuses because the locals don't talk much.
Edited by Proudhorn on 1/9/2013 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I also have to say: congrats Kams on landing in vodka.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think the issue about raiding guilds could simply be resolved if people would stop making new guilds and join the ones that are already established.

As for doing something about the low population issue, I'd love to help in any way I can but where do you begin? An e-mail to Blizzard probably wouldn't do much...
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Well there has to be some way to get their attention. Any ideas as for how we can then?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I read this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4887629545

It looks like the GM response is to open a petition here on our realm forum for open transfers and have people come contribute positive comments. I'll be honest, though, I don't know if having a new influx of players is going to sort out the community issues on our realm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was looking at an old forum post by a blue about low populated servers and they said they'll only take action when a server does not seem playable anymore, such as: groups not forming, items not being in the AH, etc. I think if we were to take some time and create a detailed list as to why Malorne is becoming an unenjoyable server to be on and get a number of people from the server to agree with it then maybe a blue will come to our rescue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
According to: http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

Malorne is the 29th lowest population realm in the US. Malorne's population could fit into that of Tichondrius or Illidan almost six times. However, Mug'thol, which is another successful and popular realm, is only 2.3 times our size. Where we have 3 active guilds that have engaged hard mode content, Mug'thol has 40 guilds that have done the same. I'm also pretty sure that Mug'thol is at least 75% full of trolls.

There is some kind of disconnect other than just population. Maybe a higher percentage of theirs is still active. I don't know.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Maybe it's the people we have on this server then that do not have any clue how to play? I mean most of these fights during MV and HoF are simple.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I hate to say it, but maybe we need to do raider training for self preservation? I bet I could dredge up at least five of my raiders on a weekend to do like a training 25 man. Grab some noobs, talk to them about gear choices, and start explaining boss mechanics for real.

It's hard to get a newbie to go watch a guide or read up on their class unless they some some vested interest. Maybe boss kills and gear are motivation enough to at least listen to another experienced player and improve?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The best way to learn a fight is hands on, so I could see that being useful for some people.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
the best way i see us solving this problem is taking the people who are in lower guilds that have experience or are willing to be learning and making them in a 10man group with alts of ours and assisting them in making them better raiders. The AH is broken nothing we can do to fix that besides get saristin and a couple other people off our server lol. As far as the trolls. It kills us. Oh cool server is finally back up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'll be online in a few hours and available to discuss options. One thing that I really wish is that more people were involved on these forums. In BC, this was a super helpful place to find items/recipes. Not the case anymore.

Kind of an aside: I own the domain malorne.com. If we turned it into a community hub with raid training, communication, raid sign-ups.. do you think anyone would use it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you guys decide to get something going, I'll definitely take part in it. My BF and I have 2 alts that are raid ready, he is the raid leader for our core raid group and I'm a good player so we could help out.

Sounds like a training program then assigning people to raiding guilds or forming their own groups. lol
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
As sad as it is, this server is a total wasteland going no where at this point. Really only a small handful of guilds remain, and we (Victus) are even transferring to another server soon because there is just nothing to do here at all (which is also kind of funny because we are going to the other server mentioned in the thread, Mug'thol).

It is also very sad and pathetic that last weekend out of a group of 40 people killing Galleon on Horde side, not one person left the group to tag share at all (even though people in my guild and others were ASKING someone to share the tag). There is more wrong to this server than population, and with the raw number of good players that have just up and left in the last month and a half, I doubt it can recover...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I picked Mug'thol as my discussion point quite carefully. :)

I have friends that have been raiding on Mug'thol for many years. It's a miserable place full of trolls.. however there is a larger wealth of skilled and/or competent players.

I maintain a friendly rivalry with some members of Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. Say hi when you get there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i wouldn't care where we went as long as there was more people and not just one person running are entire Auction house. Makes me sad that i actually xfered back 2 alts to this server at the start of MOP cause so many people returned and made it promising but they have all left.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This server is a wasteland. I had a few of my characters on Illidan and sometimes I regret transferring back here. Lots of wasted cash. Unless something can get popping off I imagine even more people leaving.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]